shape
carat
color
clarity

What size center stone do you think these are?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bht122

Rough_Rock
Just wondering. I love the proportions of these rings and wanted to see what your opinions were on the size of the center stone.

1) http://dwp.bigplanet.com/alexandriajewel/nss-folder/pictures/3.LeafVineMarque10.jpg

2) http://dwp.bigplanet.com/alexandriajewel/nss-folder/pictures/5.Emerald01.2.jpg

thanks
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no idea but Id bet the first one was 3/4 to a full carat and the second a carat to a carat and a half.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations for the great pickings
2.gif

It is rather easy to come to a comclusion as soon as you decide about how big these rings are. I think that the easiest to decide is how wide should the band be.

In the first, the marquize has 1:2 proportions (twice as long as it is wide) and it's width is bout 6/7 of the widest part of the band.

In the second ring, the side of the green square is about 7/10 of the widest part of the band (which is near it, btw).

You can use these proportions and a table relating diamond size (in milimeters) with weight (in carats) to get the result you want.

For example:

Let's say that both rings are 7mm at their widest (on the dainty side). This makes the marquize 6mmX3mm and the square 5mmx5mm. So the marq could be about 50-60 points and the square about 70-80 points according to the size / weight formulas on THIS page
1.gif

Looking at the pave work, I would say these are wider perhaps 10mm or so. So the center stones themselves would be larger (about 80 points for the marquise and 1.5 cts for a square emerald cut diamond).

Hope this helps
read.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results