shape
carat
color
clarity

What Size Carat Diamonds for Stud Earrings is Best???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelgal

Shiny_Rock
What size diamonds are appropriate for earrings? (just plain stud type earrings)

Do you own a pair? What size? What color? What cut?

Cost? How did you choose the diamonds or did you buy them already made?

Or do you wear CZ earrings?

I still do not own a pair of diamond earrings and was looking at various cz''s in different stores, like Macys, etc. and then thought if it was cheap enough I could get a real pair, but I like large diamond earrings, i guess around .75 carat each??

Anyone have pics??
9.gif

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I normally focus on rings, as I don't like to spend lots of money on stuff I can't see (earrings). The studs I wear most often are cz set in white gold, 1.5 ctw. The real diamonds earrings I have are .5 ctw. asschers, .75 ctw. princess, and 1.07 ctw. yellow radiant.

I personally like the way the .75 ct each studs look the best, sizewise. If I were ever to buy larger real diamond studs, I would go up a bit and get a set of 2 ctw. minimum.

lotus

Rough_Rock
I have a pair of 1cttw RB studs, G/H colour, SI1/2, in yellow gold with 4 white gold prongs, that I paid around 2300 Euros for.

It depends really on the size of your ear lobes, the way you style your hair etc. Other for e-rings and pendants, I think big stones generally make people imagine that they are fakes even when they are real. 0.50ct each stud is a good size for me and it's a pleasure seeing the light reflect on them each time I look at myself in the mirror.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I own CZ studs that are 1ct and 1/2 ct size. I doubt Ill ever own the real thing.

If I wear them I usually go for the 1/2s. Otherwise I feel like they look funny. I wear Surgical Steel CBRs (pierced and tattooed freaks like me will know what those are) that are 8 and 10g so I can't really pull studs off very well. Im going to work back to 10 and 12 so I can make my ears tightten a little for my wedding. I love these things but Im sick of em.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I have every size CZ there is, as I was trying to figure out the same thing. I decided that I wanted to wear them for everyday, and my lifestyle is casual, so I ended up buying 1.15cttw ideal, G, SI2 studs recently. They look very different from the CZs because of the sparkle and reflection. This size is just right for me. I have very small ear lobes and am a small/medium sized person.

I have a taller friend who bought 1.5cttw (.75 each), I, SI1's and they look great on her. Smaller probably would have been too small. I live in an area where you see lotsof ladies wearing much larger stones (1 - 2ct each), but they have a dressier look and would look odd and probably too flashy for my lifestyle. I have other earrings that I wear when dressing up.

Do some searches here -- lots of people have bought earrings in the last year, and there was even some analysis about price jumb points.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/31/2004 10:22:53 PM jewelgal wrote:

What size diamonds are appropriate for earrings? (just plain stud type earrings)

Do you own a pair? What size? What color? What cut?

Cost? How did you choose the diamonds or did you buy them already made?

Or do you wear CZ earrings?

I still do not own a pair of diamond earrings and was looking at various cz's in different stores, like Macys, etc. and then thought if it was cheap enough I could get a real pair, but I like large diamond earrings, i guess around .75 carat each??

Anyone have pics??
9.gif
----------------

Hi,

I have a pair of diamond earrings that were my 30th b-day present. They're .5 ctw RB and are perfect for daily wear. My next pair will be 1-1.25 ctw but these will be for special occasions. Mine were already made (husband purchased them) and my next pair will be picked out and then set into mountings
1.gif
Mine are H/SI/excellent cut!

I never wear czs and bought a pair for fun but returned them as they didn't look right on me and clouded up easily.

Michelle

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
I'm having a pair of diamond studs made (recycling a diamond from a right hand ring and my jeweller is sourcing a matching diamond). They will be 0.26 each G VS rbc. My jeweller is also making them in a screw back style (as I have a habit of losing my earrings!)

I don't really think there is such a thing as 'appropriate' size. I think it's just a personal thing. If you like the way big diamonds look on your ears and have the resources, go for it. Mine might be considered small by some, but I like the way they will look on me.

jewelgal

Shiny_Rock
Where can i get the Most Realistic pair of CZ earrings?
i would prob. get a 1cart each size (2 carat tw)

????

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 9/3/2004 9:28:07 PM jewelgal wrote:

Where can i get the Most Realistic pair of CZ earrings?
i would prob. get a 1cart each size (2 carat tw)

????

----------------

Wink has great stones. . .www.freecz.com The winfield stones are $10 for a RB and they look very realistic, but also look very colorless. I've never seen any other branded cz, but supposedly asha's look real too and have H color stones but are pricey ($322 - introductory price - per stone) at www.betterthandiamond.com

Michelle

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Wink has beautiful ones and also check out: http://www.bellisima-gem.com/ I have seen Gins in person, and I have to say hers were more realistic than anything I have ever seen.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results