shape
carat
color
clarity

What Size Are Angelina's Diamond Earrings?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
To my mind, Angelina's Tiffany studs are the absolute perfect size in proportion to her ears. Can anyone guess what size they are? They are bezel set, so take that into consideration. I'm interested in just the diamond size, not the total mm across the diamond + bezel.

I've looked around online and can't find the answer, so I thought I'd turn to the expert eyes here.

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 1.58.23 PM.png

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
And of course we don't know if she has big ears or small ears, so it makes it super hard to gage the size of the diamonds. All we can do is guess! (which is fun)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking 6-6.5mm?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
When i saw the title, i was hoping you'd be discussing this photo! This is what inspired me to get my pair. I have .97 ctw. (from tiffany & co.) and mine are 6.9mm each. Her ears appear to be on the small side. I would guess that they are 2-3 ctw. The earrings look to be over 8mm wide, to me.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
My guess is they are 1.5 ct each, 3 ctw.

My studs are 1 ct each, and they look smaller on my ears than Angelina's. Although its possible my ears are larger than hers and therefore make my studs look smaller.

Its so interesting to see everyone's guesses!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock

My studs are 1 ct each, and they look smaller on my ears than Angelina's. Although its possible my ears are larger than hers and therefore make my studs look smaller.

One thing i took into consideration when guessing is that elsa peretti dbty from tiffany uses diamonds that are cut spreadier (is this a word??) than typical ideal cuts. So these earrings i have that are .97 ct. actually look like they have bigger diamonds than my 1.02 carat earrings (prong set, also from tiffany). Im assuming hers are tiffany, i think i read that somewhere.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would probably agree with you - 1.5 each bezeled would look large and her earlobe is thinner than most.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

+1 i think 1ct would look smaller, even on her petite earlobes =)

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Her earlobes are small, and the bezels add at least 1.5mm to the diameter. I would be very surprised if they were more than 1ct each.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I also have small lobes and 1.5ct almost covers them. I'd still guess at least 1.25ct as I think 1ct would look smaller.

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@meesmom So pretty! Love your studs!

That's interesting that those diamonds have more spread. I didn't know that.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The bezels might be half domes www [wishful thinking here, I love the style - it goes everywhere & sits on the year like welded on] so maybe just around a carat each, methinks; these bezels add volume more than the usual, although can be built light.

stab in the dark

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first inclination was to say 1.5 each, but considering the bezels, they could be the size of mine, around 1.25-1.3. She does have tiny lobes. Sadly, I have room for a lot larger studs but not the world in which to wear them! lol!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think about 1.25. She has small ear lobes but they look over a carat even with that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going with 1.25 carats each.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Do you guys remember that game many of us played in elementary school -- around Easter time, there'd be a giant glass jar full of jelly beans and we'd each get one guess as to how many there were? The kid who guessed the closest won the whole jar.

Wouldn't it be fun if whomever guessed the closest weight won Angelina's earrings?! (Or not actually hers, but similar ones from Tiffany's.) That would lighten the quarantine mood!

Jelly beans.jpg

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am all for that idea!!! Although, I wasn't the first to post 1.25, so I need them to be 1.3 to win the imaginary studs! :lol:

I think your current studs are gorgeous, but I definitely think with the size of your e-ring that you could easily go up to the 1.25-1.5 ct range without overdoing it. The 1.4 range is really nice as it is just under the 1.5 price jump.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
2 carats each. If they are super spready stones then perhaps 1,5 ct each.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
No it won’t. It is out of curiosity indeed.

Maybe if you start a voting quizz thingy and get over 100 votes I might feel OK to ask. I just replied 5 minutes ago to he and his team asking how we are.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I also think Doctor Jennifer Ashton has the perfect sized earrings. Each night when the news comes on, I go up close to our tiny TV and study her earrings!

Any guesses as to their size? Her earlobes look larger than Angelina's, so perhaps her diamonds are larger too?

My guess - 1.75 each

Do you know her jeweler too @Garry H (Cut Nut) ?

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 7.48.21 PM.png

Last edited:

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe if you start a voting quizz thingy and get over 100 votes I might feel OK to ask. I just replied 5 minutes ago to he and his team asking how we are.

Very cool! Ok lets start guessing everyone! I'm assuming from this reply that you know the maker? I'd really like to know if they are from Tiffany as well.
PS. It would really make my day to find out, now not only am i housebound, but i broke my toe yesterday (i dropped a can of tomatoes on it, and my husband, who's a nurse, confirmed that it is indeed broken) so i am couch bound too. Take pity in me, lol!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results