shape
carat
color
clarity

what shoes w/ this dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
i''m not a total fashion disaster, and when i see shoes that match a dress, i know they match. it''s just hard for me w/ some dresses to know what shoes to look for. like w/ this dress, i''m thinking either silver or beige, maybe strappy sandle or maybe like a slingback peep toe. but maybe i''m way off. help me!

d&g lace dress.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Well, if it was me, I would go with strappy heels. Very minimal and a high heel.
Pumps, even Peep toe, seem too heavy for this dress.

Color? Gold, maybe. Hard to tell, I would have to see the dress closer.

Where are you wearing this?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''d do something simple and strappy, with a high heel, but not too strappy and a champagne or a gold but not too flashy...something subtle.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 3:32:00 PM
Author: Mara
i''d do something simple and strappy, with a high heel, but not too strappy and a champagne or a gold but not too flashy...something subtle.

ditto..something like the J.crew sandals you liked mara..I just checked on J.crews site and couldn''t find a picture, but they were in the recent catalog I got.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a hot dress! I tend to think of red as going best with gold. Gold, strappy heels.

That dress might even work with a basic black pump with pointy toes and stiletto heels, and a black cashmere wrap and clutch.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 3:52:57 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 1/31/2007 3:32:00 PM
Author: Mara

ditto..something like the J.crew sandals you liked mara..I just checked on J.crews site and couldn''t find a picture, but they were in the recent catalog I got.
yes i loved those shoes!! they seemed so perfect for a bunch of diff type outfits.

zappos has a ton of shoes like that too for ideas.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Bronze could be exciting as well- I have a pair of bronze sling-back peep-toe where the outside half of the foot is "exposed" and something like that would look really good w/o being summery.

A D''Orsay style heel would be nice as well-

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
ann--i haven''t actually decided where i''ll wear it. i just bought it b/c i''d been eyeing it on neiman''s website and then it went on sale. but i''ll probably wear it to one of the weddings i''m going to this summer.

i have some mettalic wedge strappy type shoes, but i think they look a little bit heavy with the dress. if i can find the cable for my camera i''ll upload a pic of them. also, maybe these shoes which also may work w/ my wedding dress...

stuart shoes.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I like these shoes with that dress. Also, a slip-on high heel sandal would work well.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is totally what i would recommend or along those lines. strappy, lots of skin showing, not too heavy of a heel (a thinner heel might even work better) and not too bright.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i tend to prefer less-strappy, because strappy never seems to be comfortable. always digging into my foot. maybe something like this:

nejarbgold.jpg

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
lulu, those are gorgeous! i actually ordered the strappy ones last night, and they showed up today. so weird. the dress also showed up today, and i''m about to unpack it. the strappy ones i ordered are pretty comfy. i already have them in black and i like them b/c my feet are a tad wide and stuart weitzman makes alot of his shoes in a c width.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
whoops! that dress looks horrible on me. i thought it would work b/c my coloring is similar to the model''s, but nope. the color is not good on me at all. and my boobs are not covered up enough. oh well. but i''m keeping the shoes and wearing them on my wedding day! i think they''re perfect.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/1/2007 2:08:47 PM
Author: nejarb
lulu, those are gorgeous! i actually ordered the strappy ones last night, and they showed up today. so weird. the dress also showed up today, and i''m about to unpack it. the strappy ones i ordered are pretty comfy. i already have them in black and i like them b/c my feet are a tad wide and stuart weitzman makes alot of his shoes in a c width.
REALLY???
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
I have wide feet too and have always loved Stuart shoes but never bothered trying any on cuz I assumed they''d all be too narrow....II had no idea that he makes some in Wide. Yippeeee!!! Thanks for this little tidbit!

Scurrying off to Nordies.com to check this out........

Sorry to hear the dress didn''t work out. But yeah, those shoes would be awesome wedding day shoes!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh, where did you find that dress? I MUST have it! lol

(ETA - I missed the part where you said you got it at Neiman Marcus. Who designed it? I'm too lazy to search through the site! Thanks)

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
actually kristydarling, i don''t know that they carry the wide widths at nordies. at least they haven''t had them in stock when i''ve asked once or twice. but zappos has alot of them online. there''s other brands there too and a feature where you can just search for shoes that are c width in your size.

i wish more brands made c width! it''s not fair. i can wear a b width but it just isn''t as comfortable. but i''ve found that via spiga''s b width is a teeny bit wider than alot of other brands. and cute shoes too.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
MC, i found it on neiman marcus''s website. it''s dolce & gabbana, but it''s on sale. it''s not as great as it looks in the pic (at least not on me it wasn''t). i.e. the lining is flimsy and bunches up here and there, and i personally prefer a more substantial but fitted lining for a lace dress like that, and fabric that gives more--maybe a little stretch.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 8:16:11 PM
Author: nejarb
MC, i found it on neiman marcus''s website. it''s dolce & gabbana, but it''s on sale. it''s not as great as it looks in the pic (at least not on me it wasn''t). i.e. the lining is flimsy and bunches up here and there, and i personally prefer a more substantial but fitted lining for a lace dress like that, and fabric that gives more--maybe a little stretch.
Thanks for the info. After looking at the dress in the upclose photo, I can see that it is rather delicate. An item that wouldn''t hold up too well.

Oh well.
2.gif

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
This....

SP3157.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Or this.....

SP3170.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results