shape
carat
color
clarity

What new shows will you watch?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My FI and I are scrambling to watch season 3 of "Grey''s Anatomy" before the new season begins. We''re determined to catch up so we can watch season 4. I also really want to start watching "Private Practice." My FI isn''t too crazy about Addison though, so I''m not sure he''ll tune in. Other than that, I want to try to get into "Samantha Who" and "Big Shots." There aren''t too many new shows that are grabbing me yet.

Here''s the new line up: http://www.metacritic.com/tv/seasons/2007fall/networks.shtml

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great thread Zoe!!
35.gif

I love Dancing w/the Stars so I will watch that one (I am not faithful but I will catch them here and there)
Law and Order
How I met your Mother
and the Office

ETA: oops, those I listed aren't new shows. I want to check out the new on Fox Back to You. I think it starts tonight, Starring Kelsey Grammer, Patricia Heaton.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had forgotten about How I Met Your Mother...I love that show. I had gotten out of the habit of regularly watching TV last year, so I missed most of the episodes. I''ll have to DVR it this year to make sure I don''t miss it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 6:38:57 PM
Author: zoebartlett
I had forgotten about How I Met Your Mother...I love that show. I had gotten out of the habit of regularly watching TV last year, so I missed most of the episodes. I'll have to DVR it this year to make sure I don't miss it.
I love that show. Especially since Neil Patrick Harris is so nice irl. It is funny to see him playing the character Barney.
btw, I am in love w/Ted!!!! He is a doll face!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Neither FI nor I has had a TV for many years. But we love to watch DVDs of tv series (on his big screen computer).

We love the new Battlestar Gallactica (holy great acting, Batman!) and are now starting to watch the Sopranos from start to finish (just done season 1).

I saw the first 2 seasons of ''Lost'' and can''t wait for the 3rd to come out, although I heard it was weaker than the first 2.

And I love to watch ''Law and Order'' in the gym. I time my gym visits so I can see it! ''ER'' re-runs are another gym favourite. It''s all new to me!

My big thing is documentaries though. Especially if David Attenborough is narrating. Love that guy.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
ANTM
Heroes
Desperate Housewives
maybe Ugly Betty- I lost interest last season

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only show I plan to watch on TV is Battlestar Gallatica. I REALLY hate commercials and thus far haven''t found many shows that are great enough to overcome my anoyance with advertising. I also cannot stand sitcoms, so watching anything on TV is pretty much out for me.

We do LOVE to get TV series from Netflix. . .we recently finished up Six Feet Under and I''m not sure what to get next. I found some oddball shows from last year that I may add to the quere.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
MC, glad to see we''re not the only ones who love Battlestar Gallactica! Some of our friends are all "?!?! Sci-Fi NERDS!" But it''s really, really good, isn''t it? The directing. The acting. The story line. All of it.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 7:45:37 PM
Author: Independent Gal
MC, glad to see we''re not the only ones who love Battlestar Gallactica! Some of our friends are all ''?!?! Sci-Fi NERDS!'' But it''s really, really good, isn''t it? The directing. The acting. The story line. All of it.
haha my husband and I are total Sci-Fi Nerds. My DH even has his BS in Physics. Can''t get more Sci-Fi than that
9.gif
lol

Have you seen Serenity & Firefly? Those are two of our favorites. Firefly was cancelled after one season so Serenity was the movie version put out in the theaters.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Darn! You''re sci-fi nerds, huh?
7.gif
Thought we had an out there. Well, I guess FI could qualify as a bit of a sci-fi nerd. He watched the whole of Babylon 5! I was all ''AAARGH! This is horrible!'' but I watched most of it with him to make him happy.
9.gif

Never seen the show you talk about. I guess we should try it out.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
For new shows, definitely Private Practice! I want to see what Addison is up to. Big Shots, cause I like Michael Vartan. Women''s Murder Club and Cashmere Mafia. There may be a few others I am missing.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will probably try the new one with Kelsey Grammar...it had great reviews in the Chicago Trib today. I don''t get into TV too much, but I love the Office and DWTS and will watch those for sure. Gossip Girl got horrible reviews. Can''t remember the name of the KG starring one, already recycled that paper or I''d look it up, lol!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 10:37:00 PM
Author: monarch64
Will probably try the new one with Kelsey Grammar...it had great reviews in the Chicago Trib today. I don't get into TV too much, but I love the Office and DWTS and will watch those for sure. Gossip Girl got horrible reviews. Can't remember the name of the KG starring one, already recycled that paper or I'd look it up, lol!
monarch, it's Back to You. It's on right now in the west coast. I'm watching it now.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/19/2007 11:08:56 PM
Author: snlee

Will probably try the new one with Kelsey Grammar...it had great reviews in the Chicago Trib today. I don''t get into TV too much, but I love the Office and DWTS and will watch those for sure. Gossip Girl got horrible reviews. Can''t remember the name of the KG starring one, already recycled that paper or I''d look it up, lol!
monarch, it''s Back to You. It''s on right now in the west coast. I''m watching it now.
Whoops, I already missed it! Thanks Snlee for the info, will see if DH can Tivo (DVR) it for me from his "station" in the cushy big-screen-inhabited basement, lol! Let me know your thoughts on the first episode...I love KG in Frasier and of course in Cheers.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
I saw a number of the new shows as pilots, and a few I'll be putting on the DVR, and a few I'll be avoiding like the plague.

Yep, I'll be watching "Private Practice"; I'm also intrigued by "Dirty Sexy Money". (Didn't see the pilot, but love the cast and the title.) I saw and really liked "Chuck", which is not the type of show I would normally watch but the pilot, at least, was very charming and very well done. MUCH better than expected. "Cashmere Mafia" was uneven but promising-- Lucy Liu is great.

I HATED both "Cavemen" and "Big Shots". I understand they reshot large parts of the pilot for the first, but the original version was downright offensive, and worse, not the least bit clever. It was the only one I didn't watch to the end, and I still kind of want those 20 minutes of my life back. Big Shots seemed like the type of show I would like and I watched it to the end, but it was VERY misogynistic; being a woman, its demonization and hatred of women really turned me off.

As for shows from last season, I can't wait for both "The Office" and "30 Rock" to come back. Just last night, I saw that NBC had released a mini-episode summer teaser of "The Office" on video-on-demand on my cable system, and my fiance and I got to see "The Office: What I did with my summer vacation." (Oh, so cute to see Jim, Dwight, and Pam again! Yay!) If you like the show and have Time Warner cable, check it out-- channel 1!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2007 2:33:00 AM
Author: fleur-de-lis
; I''m also intrigued by ''Dirty Sexy Money''.
I forgot about Dirty Sexy Money. I do want to see that but will wait for it to come out on DVD because I''m in bed reading by that time and am asleep by 10:45. Late at night is the only time I get to read because my kids are so active up until 8:30. Gotta read them books too.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 11:33:35 PM

Date: 9/19/2007 11:08:56 PM
Author: snlee

monarch, it''s Back to You. It''s on right now in the west coast. I''m watching it now.
Whoops, I already missed it! Thanks Snlee for the info, will see if DH can Tivo (DVR) it for me from his ''station'' in the cushy big-screen-inhabited basement, lol! Let me know your thoughts on the first episode...I love KG in Frasier and of course in Cheers.
Hope you can watch it. It was funny. I had a few good laughs. It kept me intrigued and I''ll be watching it next week!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
These are not new shows but I''m excited for the new seasons of:

How I Met Your Mother
The Office
House
30 Rock
Ghost Hunters

SO just got into How I Met Your Mother so I''m happy he''ll be watching the new season with me!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know that How I Met Your Mother starts again on Monday (I think). I''m not sure what I missed since I didn''t watch last season, and I want to be clued in before the new episodes start. Can someone please fill me in?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
You didn't miss the new episode.
Lily and Marshall get married. Ted and Robin break up. Barney knows about the break up; Lily and Marshall don't know. Hope that helps!
9.gif

Neil Patrick Harris was on Regis and Kelly this morning and he was hilarious!!!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 7:25:10 PM
Author: Skippy123
You didn''t miss the new episode.
Lily and Marshall get married. Ted and Robin break up. Barney knows about the break up; Lily and Marshall don''t know. Hope that helps!
9.gif

Neil Patrick Harris was on Regis and Kelly this morning and he was hilarious!!!
I''m so glad to find other people who watch this show! I feel like it is the best "not all that advertised/popular" show on TV!!! It''s one show my FI actually enjoys watching with me, and it has since filled the void left by the ending of Friends.

As to the rest of the post...I''m not really looking forward to ANY of the new shows, just can''t wait for shows like Heros, House, and Grey''s to start again!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m SO excited about The Office starting back. I saw the summer vacation thing and felt a little bad for cracking up when Karen said what she did.
11.gif
Oh my goodness.

As for brand new shows, I might see an episode or two of Reaper. I just have to see if Kevin Smith can still be funny. Other than that I can''t really think of a new show I''m interested in. I am anxiously awaiting the 4th season of "Lost". The last season definitely lost a lot of momentum, but I''m still curious/hooked.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Nip/tuck.

ER

Grey''s anatomy

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Samantha Who, new Dancing with the Stars, Californication (Showtime series), the new show with Patricia Heaton and Kelsey Grammar, Back to You (I think that is what it is called)...Private Practice. I also want to see the Dead Zone and Monk, which are great, and I love Law and Order SVU and Without a Trace (is that even still on?) I loved Numbers but think that is not on either.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I was just watching some clips online of my FAV show b/c I couldn''t sleep...

It''s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (funniest show ever)....

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I''m addicted to Meerkat Manor and Ugly Betty. I had intentions of mopping the kitchen, catching up on laundry, etc. but I sat on the couch like a big lunk and watched the Ugly Betty Marathon. I haven''t done that since the kids were babies, it was kinda fun!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Hubby & I picked up NBC''s pilot disc at Blockbuster (it''s a free 2 day rental- has first eps of Chuck, Journeyman, 1 other we didnt watch & a 2 min promo of Bionic Woman <-looks bad).

We both laughed at/enjoyed Chuck so we''ll be watching that & Heros (they''re on the same nite). Journeyman we''ll give it another ep or two to see if we get hooked (doubtful but ya neva know)?

Prolly also American Band (give it a try) & 30 Rock (if we can ever remember when it''s on!).

And, without a doubt, New Jersey Devils Hockey - GOOOO DEVILS!!!!
36.gif
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We already TiVO:

LOST
Grey''s Anatomy
Scrubs
Desperate Housewives
My Name is Earl
The Office
Heroes
House
Cold Case
Prison Break

...and I''m still mourning the loss of my beloved V-Mars
39.gif

As for new shows... I''ve been told to watch "Pushing Daisies" but that''s about it.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/23/2007 1:47:14 PM
Author: musey
We already TiVO:

Heroes

...and I''m still mourning the loss of my beloved V-Mars
39.gif

veronica mars
7.gif
hubby n i lurved that show... we still havent watched all the eps on dvr since we''re trying to savor the last ones...

not sure if it makes you feel any better but i read that kristen bell''s going to be on some eps of Heros!! there are several articles on it - here''s one.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Our Favorite show is actually ending... but there''s a marathon this Tuesday to catch up with.
31.gif
We adore Eureka on the SciFi channel. It''s one of the few shows we agree on.
5.gif

The only new show we''re really looking forward to is Chuck. We''re computer nerds so it, ah, speaks to us.
2.gif

For returning shows we are Dvr''ing are Heros, Numbers, NCIS, 30 Rock, Office, and the first episode of CSI. I love Numbers, mainly because I adore cute sexy mathematicians (I even married one!
9.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results