shape
carat
color
clarity

Do crazy naughty thoughts ever come into your head?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once I thought about smashing all my FCDs, one by one, with a sledge hammer and posting a close up high res slo-mo video of it on youtube and PS.
No, I didn't and wouldn't do it. :tongue:
Sometimes I just think some nutso thoughts.

As a kid I often dreamed I was flying.
Many times, awake, wanted to jump off our roof to see if I could fly.
It was so easy and effortless in my dreams.
No, I didn't do that either.

Have any insane, nutso, naughty thoughts have ever come into your head?
I'll keep your secret, so DO tell!

Last edited:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sometimes imagine dropping my rings or something else precious to me into a river if I’m standing on the bank.
I used to imagine driving off the edge of the bridge I would cross daily when I still lived at home.
There’s always the almost irresistible urge to step off a ledge or cliff-edge which scares me for how magnetic it is.
I’m glad I have pretty good impulse control! Tho the urge to tell idiots in meetings that they’re being idiots is becoming harder to quash.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I get those split second crazy thoughts that seem to come out of nowhere. What if I drove off this cliff? What if I punched her in the face?

Years ago, as a psychiatric nurse, I attended a lecture from a very respected psychologist who was the head of an anxiety disorders clinic. He said everyone had these bizarre thoughts pop into their head. He connected these benign but bizarre thoughts and OCD but I forget the details now. But he really stressed that the thoughts aren't indicative of some latent desire and we are best to just let them go.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Why just a few minutes ago I got an urge to pump all the soap out of the hand soap dispenser, to just keep pushing the pushy thing until goopy soap was all over the bathroom counter. It brought me immense glee. I live on the edge, baby.

I also get an urge periodically to go get the mail naked or even walk down the street and back naked. It isn't a sexual urge, just wondering what would happen and also why it would be such a big unthinkable deal in the first place.

My husband says nothing would happen to me except getting some amused looks but that if he did it, he would definitely get arrested. I think that's probably right.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why just a few minutes ago I got an urge to pump all the soap out of the hand soap dispenser, to just keep pushing the pushy thing until goopy soap was all over the bathroom counter. It brought me immense glee. I live on the edge, baby.

living-on-the-edge.jpg

:lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I frequently think of opening the door of the car while it is driving at high speed and jumping out. I also frequently think of driving off bridges and steep slopes.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are called intrusive thoughts. Almost everyone has them but people with some forms of mental illness are not able to let go of them. It can become a serious problem when obsession over the thoughts comes into play.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I frequently think of opening the door of the car while it is driving at high speed and jumping out. I also frequently think of driving off bridges and steep slopes.

Haha this reminds me of the time I tried to get out of the car as we were stopped in horrific traffic on the GW Bridge. We were moving sooooo slowly and then not moving and I don't do well in traffic and we had no clue how long we would be stuck there.

So I visualized getting out and walking off the highway. No clue how that would have unfolded. I tried to get out of the car (we had all 4 cats and all our stuff with us as we were heading back to NYC from the Jersey Shore and I cannot remember why we took that route as that is not the regular route) but my DH stopped me from exiting by holding me back physically. He was like where the heck are you going to go? And he yelled at me to calm down. Hahaha. I am laughing now but I wasn't laughing then. All I felt was an overwhelming urge to escape the car and being stuck in traffic. I don't do well in traffic and it is one of my nightmares to be stuck for hours and hours in the car not moving. Luckily we started moving a minute or two after my mini meltdown. LOL.

I sometimes imagine dropping my rings or something else precious to me into a river if I’m standing on the bank.
I used to imagine driving off the edge of the bridge I would cross daily when I still lived at home.
There’s always the almost irresistible urge to step off a ledge or cliff-edge which scares me for how magnetic it is.

I’m glad I have pretty good impulse control! Tho the urge to tell idiots in meetings that they’re being idiots is becoming harder to quash.

This is called “call of the void” and it’s totally normal, I’ve felt this too!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am being brutally honest here.
This probably sounds harsh, but I sometimes think some certain people should just bite the dust.
No one I know personally, mind you.

I know we all were taught not to think that way. But as I get older, I have just become more of a realist about what thoughts I am allowed to have.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha this reminds me of the time I tried to get out of the car as we were stopped in horrific traffic on the GW Bridge. We were moving sooooo slowly and then not moving and I don't do well in traffic and we had no clue how long we would be stuck there.

So I visualized getting out and walking off the highway. No clue how that would have unfolded. I tried to get out of the car (we had all 4 cats and all our stuff with us as we were heading back to NYC from the Jersey Shore and I cannot remember why we took that route as that is not the regular route) but my DH stopped me from exiting by holding me back physically. He was like where the heck are you going to go? And he yelled at me to calm down. Hahaha. I am laughing now but I wasn't laughing then. All I felt was an overwhelming urge to escape the car and being stuck in traffic. I don't do well in traffic and it is one of my nightmares to be stuck for hours and hours in the car not moving. Luckily we started moving a minute or two after my mini meltdown. LOL.

I remember once in Denver, being stuck in gridlock traffic that was moving inches at a time. I had just learned to drive a stick shift, and I still wasn't very good at it, and the car kept stalling. I was freaking out and in tears. I hated that car, and no longer have it.
I wanted to walk away, too.
This was only about 6 years ago.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock

I also get an urge periodically to go get the mail naked or even walk down the street and back naked. It isn't a sexual urge, just wondering what would happen and also why it would be such a big unthinkable deal in the first place.

My husband says nothing would happen to me except getting some amused looks but that if he did it, he would definitely get arrested. I think that's probably right.

My sister in law who is drop dead beautiful has had multiple occasions of taking Ambien and walking naked around her neighborhood. She had no recollection of it at all until her boyfriend caught it in the act. Later she found out through neighbors that it had been happening, but no one ever told her or called for help. I imagine some of them waited with baited breath hoping she would do it again! She moved soon after the realization, lol.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I won’t go on anything high. I’m afraid of falling. It crosses my mind to do it so I stay away.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes definitely With heights - it scares me going up old staircases with low railings, I have to hug the wall. I am scared but feel compelled to fall over them, bizarre to say the least. I also get it with river banks. As for odd things that I might do or say popping into my mind yes all the time. Sometimes if my anxiety is really bad and my filter goes I might say them too, not good.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@kenny I had the same thoughts of smashing a poor quality emerald I own with a sledge hammer! I really wanted to see the crumbs on my driveway! lol. I have not done it.

Also I have thoughts of breaking out in song or dancing in the hallways at work. Haven't done that yet, either!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny I had the same thoughts of smashing a poor quality emerald I own with a sledge hammer! I really wanted to see the crumbs on my driveway! lol. I have not done it.

Noooo.
But smashing something else might be fun. :)

sledgehammersmash .gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noooo.
But smashing something else might be fun. :)

sledgehammersmash .gif

LOL. While I don't watch a lot of TV--those home reno shows look like "fun" when they are smashing walls , etc.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had an introduction to the Ambien phenomenon years ago I had a psychotherapy client who was being prescribed his medication by a psychiatrist. At one point the doctor tried him on Ambien for sleep. My client used to come to a session with me and say, "I had another Ambien party last night". He would get up, fast asleep, take out several cartons of ice cream, eat some from each carton, then leave them to melt. In the morning he would wake up to find his kitchen full of cartons of melting ice cream!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes I daydream about moving to a new city and starting all over again. I love shopping for a new house/condo and decorating it, meeting new people, and even interviewing for a new job. I daydream about visiting different places to figure out which one I'd like most to move to. Maybe even choose a new name.

I guess that's not really a sudden urge though. More an escapist fantasy.

LOL maybe I should just stop buying jewelry and save up for a vacation condo.

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Sure, all the time. We always called them 'having imagines'.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah sure all the time, think there is actually a medical term for it but I guess I’d call it “bad daydreams”
where you think what if the worst happened or I just did that bad thing!?! They don’t bother me thankfully, mostly amusing... :lol:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I have sometimes thought of throwing the computer through the window into the fish pond when it's playing up, or what would happen if I fell down the stairs & smashed my scull open. If my DH is in the kitchen with me & I'm chopping with a long knife, what would happen if I plunged it into his back!!!!!!:evil::evil2::eek2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I have sometimes thought of throwing the computer through the window into the fish pond when it's playing up, or what would happen if I fell down the stairs & smashed my scull open. If my DH is in the kitchen with me & I'm chopping with a long knife, what would happen if I plunged it into his back!!!!!!:evil::evil2::eek2:

Haha I remember (in early 2000s) threatening my DH that I was going to take his blackberry (work related) and microwave it so we could enjoy uninterrupted time together. LOLOL. Of course I never did that because my DH reminded me that without the blackberry he would be in the office way more hours than he was at that time. It allowed amazing freedom from the office but it was a double edge sword...he was avaiblae 24/7 but he was also doing much of it from the comfort of our home. So it was a worthwhile compromise but there were times I wanted to just destroy the blackberry haha.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results