shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite solitaire setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joyfulbarry

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''m pretty new to PS and I really enjoy reading everyone''s posts. You are a very helpful group!

I''m looking for a solitaire setting for a RB - just over 1ct. So far I''ve found that I really like the Legato Sleek Line from WF. What solitaire settings for a RB do you like? I''d like to consider many before making a commitment. I love all of your photos - especially hand shots.

Thanks in advance,
Kim

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I love solitares! Soem of my favs:

Vatche Royal Crown

vatcheroyalcrown.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I have a few favourites. Mark Morrell''s Torchiere is the current top seed:

offsetZ33MWMtorch32112.JPG

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I also love Leon Mege''s classic setting.

LMclassicsolitaire32112.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
And, my first love.

Tiffanyclassic32112.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...well I love my own bezeled solitaire the best! But second would have to go to those lovely Mark Morrell creations. LOVE THEM!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh....gulp.

Here we were researching halos and now you have me thinking solitaire. The Vatche is TDF.

Gulp. It''s gorgeous. Oh no... I had my heart set on a halo setting but now... oh no.... the classic solitaire beckons.

Aiiiiiieeeeee! Decisions decisions decisions!

dec2410

Shiny_Rock
one of my personal favs belongs to one of our very own...february2003bride:

GOSH i love this ring!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

(hope you don't mind i used one of your pics
35.gif
)

ArtCarved-angled shot.jpg

joyfulbarry

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your opinions. I hope they keep coming. I wish that I could try all of these rings on.

I really like the Vatche Royal Crown – it’s gorgeous.

I definitely loveLeon Mege’s and Tiffany’s classic setting – but I’m thinking that for our 10k total budget it would be better to go with a less expensive setting and really try and find a gorgeous stone.
Bliss – you made me gulp. Your diamond is gorgeous, gorgeous. I love it as a solitaire, but I’m sure if you do go with a halo that it will be wonderful too.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I really like this one too--this is Dimend Scaasi''s 6-prong Tiffany style solitaire with a tapered shank. I think it is lovely.
1.gif

dimendscaasipinchedtiffany321121.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I'm not usually a plain solitaire gal, but the lines on this one male me melt ...
4.gif

VanCraeynest_445-p-4BHead.jpg

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 11:31:20 AM
Author: february2003bride
My old ArtCarved palladium setting
What do you mean OLD? Is the royal crown your NEW setting? Did I miss your post on changing your setting?
31.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 4:31:06 PM
Author: Love in Bloom

I''m not usually a plain solitaire gal, but the lines on this one male me melt ...
4.gif

LIB, where EVER did you find that? I loooove it! Any other views?!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
My personal fav. By vatche

vatchesisley.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 4:58:56 PM
Author: nebe

I'm not usually a plain solitaire gal, but the lines on this one make me melt ...
4.gif

The company emailed it to me when I was looking at settings for my Umba garnet. I didn't even think that maybe I shouldn't have posted it [
6.gif
] because I have never seen this picture anywhere else (and believe me, if it's VC and it exists on the web, I would probably have seen it...
3.gif
). Sadly I don't have any other views of this solitaire setting
7.gif
. I have run the gammut on settings for my Umba baby...it's just rhodolite but I lurve it!

ETA: LOL, I meant "make" me melt! Well, some males make me melt too, hehe...
25.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 4:39:26 PM
Author: lisaC

What do you mean OLD? Is the royal crown your NEW setting? Did I miss your post on changing your setting?
31.gif
Yup! Presto change-o!
9.gif

A couple of weeks ago I had my diamond put into a 2mm e-weddingbands.com simple plain setting. The jeweler who set my stone totally screwed it up and Quest fixed it. So yesterday I'm cruising Ebay and what should I find? My ultimate favorite solitare- a gently gently gently used Vatch Royal Crown at an amazing price! It ships today so I won't get it till next week, but that is my final setting. So by the end of next week, my diamond will be in it's new and finally home!
30.gif

ETA: The Vatche Royal Crown I posted above is not mine but Butterfly17's gorgeous ring!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

Date: 6/2/2008 5:29:31 PM

Date: 6/2/2008 4:39:26 PM
Author: lisaC

31.gif
Yup! Presto change-o!
9.gif

A couple of weeks ago I had my diamond put into a 2mm e-weddingbands.com simple plain setting. The jeweler who set my stone totally screwed it up and Quest fixed it. So yesterday I''m cruising Ebay and what should I find? My ultimate favorite solitare- a gently gently gently used Vatch Royal Crown at an amazing price! It ships today so I won''t get it till next week, but that is my final setting. So by the end of next week, my diamond will be in it''s new and finally home!
30.gif

ETA: The Vatche Royal Crown I posted above is not mine but Butterfly17''s gorgeous ring!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Apologies to joyfulbarry!
Dayum girl you are definitely my hero! Can''t wait to see what this new setting looks like on your hand!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 5:00:24 PM
Thats my favorite solitare....and then the tiffany....and then the leon....i could go on and on
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 11:24:13 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Gwendolyn,
Is that my ring? No skin off my nose if it is. I''m just curious.
1.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Joyfulbarry.... WOW. Look at what you''ve started!

Thank you for the amazingly kind words!
19.gif

What are you leaning towards now? I can''t wait to see!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 8:25:24 PM
Author: Harriet
Date: 6/2/2008 11:24:13 AM

Author: gwendolyn

Gwendolyn,

Is that my ring? No skin off my nose if it is. I''m just curious.
1.gif
I am honestly not sure. I pulled it off his website--I have a couple of yours saved under your name (like that gorgeous sunshine shot scarlet took of it when she did the Tsav photo--le swoon!) but this one wasn''t saved under your name, so I don''t *think* it is. But if you recognize it, please tell me so I can change the file name and give you appropriate credit when I post it the next time someone is looking for drop-dead gorgeous rings.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gwendolyn,
If the picture is from his website, then it is not of my ring). At any rate, no worries whatsoever. :)

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 5:07:13 PM

I''m not usually a plain solitaire gal, but the lines on this one make me melt ...
4.gif

The company emailed it to me when I was looking at settings for my Umba garnet. I didn''t even think that maybe I shouldn''t have posted it [
6.gif
] because I have never seen this picture anywhere else (and believe me, if it''s VC and it exists on the web, I would probably have seen it...
3.gif
). Sadly I don''t have any other views of this solitaire setting
7.gif
Hey, they shouldn''t mind as it might give them more business! I would love to see other views of that, and try it on. Gotta put my e-diamond back in a YG solitaire, and planning to use the one I have, but it''d be sure interesting to try that on. Although I don''t think I''d want YG prongs...

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 4:38:08 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
Date: 6/2/2008 5:07:13 PM

I''m not usually a plain solitaire gal, but the lines on this one make me melt ...
4.gif

The company emailed it to me when I was looking at settings for my Umba garnet. I didn''t even think that maybe I shouldn''t have posted it [
6.gif
] because I have never seen this picture anywhere else (and believe me, if it''s VC and it exists on the web, I would probably have seen it...
3.gif
). Sadly I don''t have any other views of this solitaire setting
7.gif

Hey, they shouldn''t mind as it might give them more business! I would love to see other views of that, and try it on. Gotta put my e-diamond back in a YG solitaire, and planning to use the one I have, but it''d be sure interesting to try that on. Although I don''t think I''d want YG prongs...

Larry has a similar solitaire design that features little tiny flowers down the side, like fragile garlands. Just gorgeous.

lovely

Rough_Rock
You guys are a great help! I like all of the rings you've posted. I think I'm still leaning towards the Legato Sleek from WF. There is something about the basket (i hope that's what it's called) of that one that I find so pretty. It's difficult to know though without trying them on. I'll probably go to a B&M store to try rings on to get a sense of what I like and don't like, but I think we'll get the ring online since PS has really educated us about the wonderful vendors out there. What are the biggest differences between the looks of the Legato Sleek and Vatche Royal Crown? I would love to see a side by side comparison of these two settings. Also, I'm leaning towards 4 prongs (I think there is a Vatche with 4 prongs right?). Anyone object to 4 prongs in a white gold setting? Thanks again everyone for all of your very valuable input!

Sorry guys - It's joyfulbarry here - I didn't know my sister used my computer last night to create a profile (Lovely) and ask a totally different question. When I replied to this post, I didn't realize I wasn't logged in as myself.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2008 5:00:24 PM
Why didn''t the picture attach? Oh well. That''s one of my favorite too. I also love Mark Morrell''s designs. I''m very partial to swoopy prongs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results