shape
carat
color
clarity

What is this really called... ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LovesFineArt

Rough_Rock
(This is my first new post - I usually just comment on how beautiful everyone''s rings are over at SMTR!
30.gif
)

My boyfriend and I are currently e-ring shopping, however reluctantly... he would like to pick it out himself and I''m too type A for that, haha. I''m looking for a picture or a link to a type of ring that is a solitaire setting with a thin band (or shank? I am a kindergartner when it comes to setting lingo) with some kind of diamond detailing in the... not band part of the setting. I don''t know what it''s called, the head, crown, but I''m sure it has a name.

Does anyone know what I''m talking about? I''ve seen diamond prongs, but I''ve also seen rings with diamonds in a line connecting the prongs, set it some kind of band but not a halo... (I clearly have a future in technical writing). Anyway, if any of this makes sense, I would like to know what that is called so I can google and/or go to a jeweler and not say, "You know the setting with diamonds in it?"

And, this is totally unrelated to the above subject, but can I just say I have a newfound respect for solitaires? Forever and ever I wanted a super intricate, pave, halo, etc. etc. ring, and then when we went to the jewelers I really hated how all those settings looked on my freakishly long skinny demon fingers. I liked the solitaire best and now I can''t stop staring at them. I just found that interesting!

Thanks for the help!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I love the tacori ones that Tuckins posted!

LovesFineArt

Rough_Rock
Those are definitely on the right track of what I''m thinking!! Especially the Tacori ones, those are just lovely!! Is there a technical name for that type of thing or do I just have to refer to photos and stay quiet?
30.gif

lillinh

Rough_Rock
Ritani
30.gif

Similar to the Torchiere

hwman

Rough_Rock
Call Mark at ERD. He can help.

http://www.engagementringsdirect.com/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results