shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the sweetest thing your SO ever did for you?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who doesn’t love a feel good thread? Winter is almost on the way out and the birds are chirping loudly with signs of Spring on the way. Brings my thoughts to good cheer and sweetness.

Please share the sweetest (or one of the sweetest) things your significant other has ever done for you. ♥️

C2D1D989-C59B-4F6D-8808-024C7024528D.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll start.

When we started dating I had 3 cats. My boyfriend (dh now) was horribly allergic. I mean full blown allergic asthma and hives etc. He also never grew up with animals-cats or dogs or any animal. So he did the best he could and never complained about the cats. The cat hair on every thing he owned and the meds he had to take etc. He even became fond of (yeah fell in love with) them.

Fast forward to the proposal. His proposal was super sweet and I will never forget it. One thing he said was i will live with and love the cats but let’s live in Manhattan. I didn’t care where we lived so much but haha we ended up with 4 cats living in Brooklyn. :lol: And you know what? He wouldn’t have changed a thing. And neither would I. ❤

I can safely say he is as big an animal lover as I am or actually maybe even a bigger animal lover than I am. Truth.

He has gone through over 20 years of immunotherapy and meds and for the most part he’s good around all animals now. No more immunotherapy for now. He discontinued the allergy shots a couple of years ago and knock wood he’s doing well.

Anyway that’s my share. I mean he sacrificed a lot for the cats and me and has gone on to saving many feral cats and continues to do so with feeding the ferals and doing TNR when we can. And providing shelter for the ferals. In fact we are headed to the beach to fill the feral feeders right now. All because my dh has a huge heart and was open to loving my cats at the time. Despite his allergic challenges. He chose me and the cats. ♥

Sorry if this reads choppy. Typing on my phone.

Please share your sweet love story. ♥️

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have severe IBS and can't fall asleep hungry, otherwise I get woken up with excruciating stomach aches - pain to the point of passing out.

During a period of deep depression I fell into a state of not eating, lost a lot of weight, and of course, my IBS flared up. On one of his business trips he lugged home big ass bags of almond, macadamia and cashews (we don't have that where we live right now) so I would always have stuff to snack on without the fuss of cooking. Since then he's been doing it all the time.

Since he travels often, he made sure the house is well stocked with food and frozen meals while he's away, and orders from our favorite restaurants to have food delivered to me when he's traveling. He still does this to this day.

For the last few years I have been coming to terms with my mother's abuse when I was a child, and have also been going through a hard time careerwise. He's been incredibly patient and loving and supportive all this time. He gives me space to find what works for me, encourages me all the time, and celebrates my successes, no matter how small. He never makes me feel small or less than.

He also often can identify what's good for me and and encourage me to follow my heart (rather than being 'sensible') and some of the decisions I have made as a result of his encouragement has been the best that I have ever made.

I just realize this reads like a love letter to him, lol. I guess it is!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have severe IBS and can't fall asleep hungry, otherwise I get woken up with excruciating stomach aches - pain to the point of passing out.

During a period of deep depression I fell into a state of not eating, lost a lot of weight, and of course, my IBS flared up. On one of his business trips he lugged home big ass bags of almond, macadamia and cashews (we don't have that where we live right now) so I would always have stuff to snack on without the fuss of cooking. Since then he's been doing it all the time.

Since he travels often, he made sure the house is well stocked with food and frozen meals while he's away, and orders from our favorite restaurants to have food delivered to me when he's traveling. He still does this to this day.

For the last few years I have been coming to terms with my mother's abuse when I was a child, and have also been going through a hard time careerwise. He's been incredibly patient and loving and supportive all this time. He gives me space to find what works for me, encourages me all the time, and celebrates my successes, no matter how small. He never makes me feel small or less than.

He also often can identify what's good for me and and encourage me to follow my heart (rather than being 'sensible') and some of the decisions I have made as a result of his encouragement has been the best that I have ever made.

Awww I’m crying as I’m reading this. Your DH is so sweet and he loves you so much ♥
I’m so sorry for all you have dealt with and so happy you have such a wonderful dh and soulmate. Thank you for sharing and wishing you lots of good health and continued sweet true love. (((Hugs))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I would show him your post @Alexiszoe He sounds so sweet and loving...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m still thinking @missy...:lol:

voce

Ideal_Rock
1) every weekday morning without fail, he gets up before me and texts a sweet message just so I'd have something to look forward to when I wake up

2) when I got sick he said he'd rather get sick with me and stay in bed with me than stay away

3) he doesn't cook, has refused to learn cooking from his mom, yet when I was sick with the flu he wanted to take care of me and cook the ginger scallion noodles that I had cooked for him when he was sick

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of things such as giving me red roses last week. :) The things I like best are the things he does without telling me. For instance- I mention I need to clean up the yard (freezing cold) after the dogs and the next day I go to do it and it is already done. Or that I can't tell him if someone has hurt my feelings because he will confront that person- even if that person is our friend. I think the reason I love him so much is that he is on my team 24/7. It is comforting to be able to tell your spouse "I really messed up" and have them search for a solution with you instead of laying blame.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy , thank you for your kind words. In a way I feel like I can understand why my mum did what she did since my grandma was also abusive and she didn't know better. I am very fortunate that I met my dh and because of his love and support he's helped me gently uncover and heal these parts of my life.

I have lurked on and off and always noticed how much of a team and what a loving relationship you have with your Dh. I am so happy for you! It's truly a blessing.

@Mamabean , thank you, he really is very loving. I am going to show him this post! :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My late partner was a very good cook, and he loved to cook for me. I have fond memories of our meals together.

DK :))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was kidding before..My husband is a true gentleman. He’s not very romantic though except for recently taking me to see a group that played our song when we were dating..He won’t let me carry anything too heavy because he knows my back gives me trouble. He vacuums out the dog hair from my car for me after I take Bailey on our weekend trips to Maryland. He hates to do it but does it for me anyway. He sometimes suggests we go out to eat so I don’t have to cook for the crew. I notice that when we get in the car he puts the heat on my seat because of my back. He listens to me drone on about bling which he could care less about...but loves that it makes me happy. If I mention a symptom that worries me he insists I get checked..He always says he hopes he goes first because he couldn’t live without me. He’s not a talker..but I know he loves me very much..It’s comforting to me and makes me feel very grateful.

Last edited:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, it's really in the little things and him paying attention to your needs and what would make you feel better and be better that makes it so sweet. :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You’re right @Alexiszoe...I feel very lucky..

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once my late partner took me to a city near where we lived, without telling me why we were going there, and took me to a newly opened Wagamama restaurant, much to my delight, as I had no long relocated from London and missed their food (I used to live within 5min's walk to its first and original branch in London).

That was a very kind and sweet gesture.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had a lot of health issues, and he has been amazingly supportive over the years. But I think the most kind and empathetic thing he's done is care for my parents. When my mom was diagnosed with cancer, he came with my mom and me to all of her treatments. After my mom passed away, he put an addition on our house so my dad would have his own space when he moved in with us. He helped care for my dad until he passed away. He's really been incredible.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Despite not working in the past almost 13 years, he has never once made me feel less than, has always supported my efforts to find employment and was supportive of me attending college in the fall. Even now despite once again not having a job or many prospects he is very reassuring that it will all come together in due time.

He has always beem supportive of all of my ideas, even the crazy ones!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Once my late partner took me to a city near where we lived, without telling me why we were going there, and took me to a newly opened Wagamama restaurant, much to my delight, as I had no long relocated from London and missed their food (I used to live within 5min's walk to its first and original branch in London).

That was a very kind and sweet gesture.

That's a thoughtful and sweet gesture indeed. =)

I didn't know that restaurant originally opened in London! I remember a Wagamama restaurant in Harvard Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts, and I wonder if it's the same one! It was really good, but it just didn't stay open in the same location.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still think it was his proposal, over 16 years ago! He proposed in bed right as I woke up (after working a 14 hour retail shift on my feet, looking like a mess). He wanted me to know without doubt that he loved me any way I came (morning is generally the worst after all) and he has stuck true to his word :kiss2:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of things such as giving me red roses last week. :) The things I like best are the things he does without telling me. For instance- I mention I need to clean up the yard (freezing cold) after the dogs and the next day I go to do it and it is already done. Or that I can't tell him if someone has hurt my feelings because he will confront that person- even if that person is our friend. I think the reason I love him so much is that he is on my team 24/7. It is comforting to be able to tell your spouse "I really messed up" and have them search for a solution with you instead of laying blame.

The bolded, that's a real partnership, love it!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH just moved house for us over 2 days while I was away for work this week.
We bought a house where we settled last Friday and our buyer wanted to move in Wednesday just gone. So there was a monumental amount of work.
I'd done a lot of the packing but as always, there's so much to do in the last couple of days and he did it all without (too much) complaint :kiss2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Congrats @foxinsox on the new house! And the sweet husband. =)2

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
My SO and I were originally a long-distance couple. We met 4.5 years ago, when he was 22 and I was 21. He was in Sydney on holiday for 3 weeks post-graduation. He’s from the UK but was living in Dubai at the time. Long story short, we did LDR for a few months before he came to do a masters here.

He’s now living and working in Sydney permanently. His career has taken a bit of a hit (he was offered a very good role in Dubai) but he doesn’t care. He’s uprooted everything to be here, away from family, friends... pretty much everything he’s ever known. We’ll probably move to the UK once he’s got citizenship so I’ll feel less guilty then.

We’re not big on PDA, but even though we live together we still commute into work together, and have lunch everyday. We’re very lucky.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a thoughtful and sweet gesture indeed. =)

I didn't know that restaurant originally opened in London! I remember a Wagamama restaurant in Harvard Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts, and I wonder if it's the same one! It was really good, but it just didn't stay open in the same location.

The first Wagamama opened in Coptic Street very close to the British Museum.

I remember the lengthy queues snaking outside in its early days, as its concept of a school canteen type shared seating and oriental/Japanese inspired menu was quite new and refreshing at a time when the food scene in UK was a bit of a joke.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always leaves me small love notes. Tucks them away so I find them at random times. In my laptop bag, my suitcase, in a book I’m reading in a pocket of my jacket. I never know when I will find one. They are always a nice surprise with a sweet message. Cost, next to nothing...meaning...priceless. :kiss2:

Q

Queenie60

When I was going through chemotherapy - he sat with me while I was getting the "cocktail" brought me home and sat with me while I vomited and prayed to the Lord. He prayed with me, took care of me and stood by my side the entire time. This is when I knew that he would stand by me through anything that life could throw our way. Such a wonderful and caring man. He does many nice things on a daily basis however, this is the one thing I would say is beyond what I had ever expected.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I married a very kind and sweet man. Like @Queenie60 so eloquently described in her situation (blessings to you Queenie!), life has thrown in some curveballs along the way. A breast cancer diagnosis and double mastectomy and reconstruction surgeries and recovery can really test any relationship. He’s been by my side every step of the way, from clearing my drainage tubes multiple times a day to washing my hair when I couldn’t raise my arms. He’s taken me to every doctor appointment (there have been many) And supported me in every way possible. He even surprised me with some beautiful bling too! The sweet gestures are in the everyday long haul.

Gabbycat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@LisaRN I really appreciated your statement about your husband confronting persons who have hurt you, including friends. That is so important. My husband is an awesome person but highly nonconfrontational. He has let things slide from other people that were highly hurtful (for example a friend who suggested that if I just lost weight I wouldn't have heart problems. Turns out I had a hole in my heart that was yet to be diagnosed.) I do understand that it's not good to confront everyone all the time, but I think stepping up when it is deserved goes a long way towards feeling secure in your relationship. So glad that you are able to have that with your husband. He could teach some others a thing or two.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well this is hard, my hubby isn't a sweet kind of guy. He's a nice guy, but not given to doing sweet things.

I guess on two occasions he brought home flowers spontaneously, sometimes he would say forget dinner let's go out, I loved that because after working all day cooking was hard. He's great father, a good man, he's generous to his sons, he's a great brother, a good friend to many. I'm so glad I married him.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
That he agreed to date me and hold me accountable to my/ our dreams. That was nearly 14yrs ago.... wow... 14... amazing years... and we are living da life!!!! But my insomnia is getting to me tonight/ day... ugh... the rest of the house is starting to stir for Saturday morning....

I might have a nana nap later on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results