shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the most Relaxing Activity for you?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ideally? Snorkling. I love the clear warm water and coral reefs and the sights under there.

Even an IMAX film on undersea life relaxes me to no end.

If that''s not possible, floating in a warm pool on a nice day is wonderful.

Sometimes a long bubble bath will do... but not always.

What about for you?

What''s the MOST relaxing thing for you?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Riding my scooter through town. Since I''m fairly new at it, it takes all my concentration. No time to think about "stuff."

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
I have a TOP THREE LIST

Yoga

Knitting

A glass of Bubbly
17.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Staring up at the sky after feasting on good cheese and a crispy baguette under a shady tree.

Snuggling my face in fuzzy cat belly works on a regular basis though.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Having a day to go to the spa, work out, relax...

I love bubble baths and knowing I can sleep in and not be missing something important...

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
ha ha, doing what I''m doing right now,
cruising through PS.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kity love does it for me too FG.

Actually one of the more relaxing things I used to do is volunteer at the animal shelter. I always felt I was helping there and it was a great feeling. I haven''t found a shelter in CA I approve of yet, though. They are all so... well, they don''t screen enough-- which stresses me out-- and no-kill is not happening.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is actually an inactivity, but nothing relaxes me more. Laying on a beach listening to the ocean. Heaven.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Reading a good book
Snuggling with my kitties
Lounging around in my PJs, maybe watching a movie
Going to the beach and watching the water. One of my favorite places is a certain lighthouse nearby. I love going down the rocks, getting close to the water, and watching the ocean.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sleeping.
Reading the Code. Ha!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Sleeping in...And then having breakfast in bed while reading the paper with a nice long jacuzzi bath after....Ahhhhhhhhh
Going to the beach (*whispering* without the kids) so I can just read and listen to the waves and birds.
Snuggling...With the cat...Or the kids...Especially with DH.
Sometimes a nice cocktail, but, other times it winds me up and I turn into an insta partyanimal.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Taking a nap in the afternoon when I don''t have anything pressing that needs attention and I can have the bed all to myself. It''s especially nice if the sun is streaming into the room and it''s quiet all over the house (and even better if I have sheets on the bed that came right out of the dryer!). I don''t sleep nearly enough and I rarely get to do this, so it is a true luxury.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely lying on a beach although that doesn''t happen too often anymore...cruising around a lake on a pontoon boat...reading...walking a few miles...surfing pricescope...eating dinner with my DH and chatting about the future...
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yoga

Walking

Watching Sunsets

Being around friends and family (especially my sweet loving hubby)

Eating outdoors

Snorkling (I love all the colors of the fish absolutely gorgeous) and the tiny popping noise of the coral is neat.

Watching the blue ocean and sea turtles
30.gif

Nice thread Gypsy
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since my kids aren''t home, I love having special dates with them. That one on one time is really special.

I love playing with my doggies, they are to funny. I love how they know so much of the english language. I am getting to the point where I need to learn sign.

I love working around the house. Cleaning relaxes me, throwing things out, organizing a closet.

My newest love is time alone with my husband. Honestly it is so nice to go out to dinner just the two of us.

Also spending time with my friends...

diamondtifff

Shiny_Rock
I love this post!!! Ok....most relaxing calming things......I am getting relaxed just thinking about it!!!

#1..... Has to be getting a back massage
Hanging out in the Hot tub with a glass of wine
Swimming
Being at the beach listening to the ocean
Staring at my diamond, in the hot tub, with a glass of wine, getting a massage- now that is IT!!!!!
I also love watching a fire burn- that just meseremizes me.......

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm....
Back massage from DH
Lying on the beach and feeling the sun while listening to the ocean
Hiking in the mountains and sitting by the brooke while listening to everything around me(can''t do that here... no mountains, sigh)
Reading a good book on a rainy cold winter with some hot cocoa and cookies in the oven! Mmmmmm
Sleeping in late on the weekends and not doing anything at all the entire day
Going on a fun nature walk with DH
Singing
Yoga
Writing poetry really late at night
Watching chick flicks with my friends

*M*

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Lol, my first thought was ....ambien...

Otherwise it''s hanging out in the hot tub these days.

What used to be my favs were long horse back rides, alone, into the mountains above Las Vegas and
camping under the stars with no need to be anywhere, miles from everything!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also love the house in quiet, in the late afternoon, a bit of light, not too bright, and a nice breeze, and napping in the bed. Add some ocean sounds and I am in heaven.

I love curling up with the fire on, hot cocoa or wine depending, and having a great book or movie to watch, and we are all hanging and the kids are not fighting.

I also love to lay with Maya and have her snuggle and make her snuffly sounds...

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great thread.

Swimming in the summer time. DH makes breakfast outside and we eat around the pool. Now that is relaxing.
Taking our 5th wheel out on the spur of the moment and go camping.(walking in the evening and looking at the stars)
When camping, sleeping in, in the morning
Snuggling with my DH.
Playing with Miss Mazie our Lhasa Apso
Spending time with our Grandchildren
Teaching my parrot new words to say

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my relaxing activities in order of preference:

1. Backpacking or hiking
2. Kayaking or canoeing
3. Reading
4. Cooking and eating
5. Getting a backrub
6. Crocheting and quilting
7. Reading PS and my hiking forums

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love lying in bed with a good magazine and a cup of tea.
My fave other relaxing activity is going hill walking with my dog amber and D. I just find it so relaxing being up there looking out at the view and its so quiet.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2007 12:20:08 AM
Author: cnspotts
Lol, my first thought was ....ambien...

Otherwise it''s hanging out in the hot tub these days.

What used to be my favs were long horse back rides, alone, into the mountains above Las Vegas and
camping under the stars with no need to be anywhere, miles from everything!
Heehee. Doesn''t it make you hallucinate, though?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 2 favorites are cleaning jewelry and reading.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Reading, leisurely walks, exercising.

SDL, we share a thinking spot...how funny.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 8:42:47 PM
Author: Ellen
Mine is actually an inactivity, but nothing relaxes me more. Laying on a beach listening to the ocean. Heaven.

ditto. but since a good beach is 6 hours away...
our nice 6' bubbly tub will do. love that. just sitting with dh relaxing.

and though a rare occurance, st. lucia - lounging around our room with the open cool breeze and hearing the trickle of waterfall into the jaccuzzi. the 3 walled room was amazing...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ideally relaxing on a tropical beach somewhere with no cares in the world, warm sun, warm breeze and warm ocean.

but more realistically and daily kind of things...

long walks, either with or without music, i love just stretching my leg and breathing in the air
spending some time outside in my garden, checking out what is growing, watering, inspecting...sniffing the flower scents
super hot bath in our jacuzzi tub with a good book
snuggling my nose into portia's fur and breathing deeply...something about your pet's smell!
a 60 minute hot stone massage or a mani/pedi or all three!
reading a great book and lounging outside in the warm sun with a cold iced tea
definitely love the floating around a pool thing on a hot day...ideally on a floatie with a cold fruity margarita

i am very 'pleasure oriented' as greg likes to call it, so anything where i am chilling out and relaxing and ideally in a warm locale or in the sun, i am pretty happy and relaxed. i also am not that high strung in general so i don't get really stressed out that easily, thankfully. i'd probably have multiple ulcers otherwise!

eta: diamondtiff i am with you on watching the flames in a fire...it is sooo mesmserizing and really relaxing for me too. i could sit there for hours with some hot cocoa.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Reading silly magazines and doing crossword puzzles in bed, after a hot bubble bath. Lying on a sunny beach, with a frosty marg ranks quite highly too.

cheers--Sharon

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yoga, I feel soooo relaxed afterwards. I feel great and I sleep like a baby.

Nice long baths are great too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results