shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the most adventurous thing you ever did?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hitchhike back from the Newport Jazz Festival with my high school g/f then freshman year college roomate. We went to the Festival in 71 don't know WHY I went I am not a jazz fan but I suppose then I was out with the posse. So she and I rode up to RI with a bunch of our friends in 2 different cars, during the weekend we all got separated - have to admit we were all drinking, smoking pot and some were doing LSD, not me, I always felt I was already on a trip in life :) so time to go she and I met up and we didn't want to ride back with our friends because they were all loaded on something and so we decided to hitch, so we did, we got picked up by a bunch of guys in an old Woodie type vehicle with peace signs and stuff on the car..sooooo the guys say, there were 4 of them, they were on acid, and that they were going to stop and put the back seat of the car down so there was more 'room' in the car, now my friend and I look at each like Uh NO.. so we get out and run like hell acoss the open highway to the other side and run down the embankment and my bestie had hurt her foot, she booked.. the guys were yelling and screaming and we waited, it was scary.. so after an hour or so we get up run across the highway and put our Danbury CT sign and eventually a K car stops and it turns out the driver was the bestie of my friends brother both were at Yale law school, he was 3 years older than us, and MAN he yelled at us all the way to Danbury, death, doom, murder, stupid, girls, know better, and he was 21 hahaha, basically I was happy to be alive but I never hitched again. My friend is brilliant and she has a chinese art history degree from Columbia, a masters in architecture from Maryland, a masters in computer science from Yale and a MBS from NYU, she is still brilliant and is a very high level leader at IBM today. I'm lucky I lived when I look back on the crazy, dangerous and wild things I did in the late 60s and early 70s.. it was gREAT fUN! :) (if either of my sons were doing what I did I would have had a heart attack).. :)

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Hiked to the Kjeragbolten in Norway. It's a coffee table sized boulder wedged between 2 cliffs, about 3000 feet up.

The boulder was not difficult to get on (there was a narrow ledge on the back side of the boulder). But the hike to it and back just about killed me (I'm the least outdoorsy person you can imagine, lol).

tour_img-1648014-146.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your girls will be thrilled to see where mum grew up!! :appl:

I grew up in NZ and Australia - Wellington, then Auckland, then Brisbane, then Canberra - before my family moved to the US. The other half and I are hoping to go to NZ next year - I'm looking forward to seeing the places I called "home" again! Though from everything I've heard it's all changed so much now - I wonder if I'll even recognize them!

I laughed at your description of a surreal, out-of-body experience. Now that - wondering how on earth you're reacting calmly to something that you know you ought to be a wreck over - I can definitely relate to!

Wanganui is waiting .....

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmmm
im not actuallu very adventures or confident but ive been to South Africa twice (once in the old era and once in the new rainbow nation) and ive twice been down the deepest gold mine, ive watched a gold pour and felt the 25kg gold bar and ive also had a go at the numeric drill thingy on the seem deep underground
ive also been out in the feild and held uncut diamonds in the rough
and I've patted a crocodile's tummy too

i went to Canada on my own to meet up with an internet friend (platonic male friend) whome i had never meet to go see Bruce Springsteen for the first time

i joined our army reserve
which was also a sad thing because i always wanted to join the armed services but my parents would not allow it and by the time i mustered up some confidence to do it anyway i was too old to go regular force
i know in the long run mum and dad were probably right (because there have been a few wars sonce then) but i still regrete not having that life because i absolutly loved it and i was kind of good at it
i try not to think too much about it but i have been literly from one end of this country to the other in a unimog

and now the most adventures thing i do is let the back lawn grow wild
im hopping a self confidence tree with self sow

cettesaphir

Rough_Rock
Went to Tanzania solo, for about three weeks! I spent about one week working in my company's sister office, but the rest of the time was spent on safari - both for work :D

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spent 15 nights in Antarctica on a luxury Silversea Expedition cruise doing several zodiac landings each day and hiked on the Continent. It was a bucket list cruise for sure.

Rebel_T7i_IMG_1455.jpg Portal Point-12.jpg 20181230_220201.jpg

Attachments

• 20191004_163608.jpg
    20191004_163608.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 16

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No comment as this is a family board.

DK :bigsmile:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Let’s see...

DH and I jumped out of a plane for our first anniversary.

Glad we did it but I don’t feel like we could take the risk again now that we have kids.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiking in the Amazon rainforest. #1 best trip we ever did. Kinda scary too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going on my first and only helicopter ride around Glacier National Park. The guy did mess with us a bit flying right up to and between mountain passes. I loved it and would do it again any time.

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Skydiving on my 48th birthday.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Im terrified of heights but zipline that had about a 100 feet drop under it? Oh yea!! over and back multiple times.
Repelling 100 to 150 feet oh yea!!! multiple times.
Flying a small plane at 1000+ feet. oh yea!!!!
Standing on top of a 2 story building 5 feet from the edge? No way!!!!!
Extension Ladder? No way!

Always wanted to go skydiving but had multiple dvts and got put on blood thinners before I could go.
I would love to do more flying but its super expensive.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results