shape
carat
color
clarity

What is the cut of this diamond

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Mine has a similar cut. 60% table and pointed culet, so no OEC by definition. But facet pattern very similar to OEC. No one could tell me what it is yet. Possibly an early modern round brilliant. But: I love it because it is a special one. Did you explicitly look for a OEC? F94A1055-853D-4E55-AD04-F57C3C14A474.jpeg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
It’s absolutely beautiful and so unique! I’m sorry that you are having second thoughts, but I hope whatever happens next brings you joy. Personally I think it’s a stunning stone and a gorgeous ring.

lissku

Rough_Rock
It’s absolutely beautiful and so unique! I’m sorry that you are having second thoughts, but I hope whatever happens next brings you joy. Personally I think it’s a stunning stone and a gorgeous ring.

Thank you so much for saying that. The deal can’t be undone at this point so I am going to learn more about how the diamond performs in day to day wearing. Maybe I end up
Loving it. If not, I will look into a recut!!

L

lydial

@lissku Would you consider sending for certification first? I think it is fabulously interesting and the ring is ginormous and makes me want to faint because I want a 13 mm diamond.........

lissku

Rough_Rock
@lissku Would you consider sending for certification first? I think it is fabulously interesting and the ring is ginormous and makes me want to faint because I want a 13 mm diamond.........

Yes, I think I am going to send it to GIA!!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I’m sorry you’re feeling bad about your stone. To be honest, I like it a lot. It’s one of a kind. It’s not an OEC, but I’m almost certain it’s an older brilliant cut (and not just a badly cut MRB). What will happen when you have it certified: it will possibly come back with a “good” cut, maybe less and this not because it actually is badly cut, but because it is differently cut compared to a today MRB. I hope you will come around to loving it or find an other solution that makes you happy! But I surely would love to know it’s specs!

lissku

Rough_Rock
I’m sorry you’re feeling bad about your stone. To be honest, I like it a lot. It’s one of a kind. It’s not an OEC, but I’m almost certain it’s an older brilliant cut (and not just a badly cut MRB). What will happen when you have it certified: it will possibly come back with a “good” cut, maybe less and this not because it actually is badly cut, but because it is differently cut compared to a today MRB. I hope you will come around to loving it or find an other solution that makes you happy! But I surely would love to know it’s specs!

Same same. I’m dying to know.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it is beautiful. I almost bought a modfied round with a super low wide table and less crown facets than a MRB that was hard to figure out. It was almost like the pavillion facets were acting the way an emerld cut does; mirrorlike flashes with an absence of color, but lively. But it sold before I could scrape the money together.

Edited to note that i saw you had already posted a video.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s great news! Hope you find a diamond you love.

lissku

Rough_Rock
Very very pretty!
Newly cut?
What’s the stats?
=)2
And the story about finding it!
And more pictures!

Thank you!! I traded it in for a completely new stone. Pulled from a ring from about 1950 is what she said. Certified L VVS2. Faint fluorescence. 6.65 carats. I’m so much happier with this!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice!!

That is an excellent swap, congratulations :))

It doesn't look anywhere near an L in the video!

Get yourself a UV torch off eBay or Amazon and you can check out the fluor :)

lissku

Rough_Rock
Nice!!

That is an excellent swap, congratulations :))

It doesn't look anywhere near an L in the video!

Get yourself a UV torch off eBay or Amazon and you can check out the fluor :)

Thank you!!! I feel like i dodged a bullet!!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tagging @Phoenix for the large rock goodness :D

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a difference a new diamond makes, it is beautiful

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
Wow, the new one is absolutely amazing! Great job making the swap happen.

lissku

Rough_Rock
Wow, the new one is absolutely amazing! Great job making the swap happen.

Thank you soooo much. I’m really happy with this one.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mind if I ask where you got it?

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Late to this post but that stone is absolutely beautiful. Do you mind me asking your ring size? Thanks.

lissku

Rough_Rock
Late to this post but that stone is absolutely beautiful. Do you mind me asking your ring size? Thanks.

I have gigantic hands. I wear an 8.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results