shape
carat
color
clarity

What is my ring worth?

Kev31

Rough_Rock
IMG_2227.JPG IMG_2229.JPG IMG_2266.JPG IMG_2268.JPG I recently was given these rings by my grandmother, they were her mothers.

They are 14k yellow gold bands with 18k white gold settings. The jeweler I took it to said the main stone was about a 1/2 carat old mine cut diamond. The jeweler didn't say any details about the diamonds.

If anyone could give me an estimated value it would be appreciated.

inheritedring1234

Rough_Rock
I have no idea what the estimated value is. You should get them appraised.
However, they are absolutely beautiful. I love the set. You should wear it!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
eBay is a good place to check out "real $ value" for similiar rings. You can check "sold" listings. Insurance value or retail replacement value is not what you can get when you sell it yourself. Without any info on the centre diamond ie colour and clarity, a rough guide would be $300 odd for the wedding/ eternity style band and around $1,000 for the engagement ring. Obviously if the centre diamond is good colour and clarity and a bit bigger than .50 carat, the value would be more.

Diamondless

Rough_Rock
This set looks to be from the 1940's. I'm not so sure the center stone is an OMC from the photo, more like an old european cut (I find most jewelers aren't really all that familiar with older stones).

minimountains

Shiny_Rock
Regardless of their worth, I hope you hold on to them for sentimental reasons. I wish I had jewelry from my grandmothers.

Landen

Rough_Rock
Very beautiful rings. Please, safe them as good memory of your family and in future you can present them to your children.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results