shape
carat
color
clarity

What is it?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The magnified picture was taken through my really cheap glass loupe. I'm at a loss for what cut this is, I didn't see a culet. Transitional? Also please disregard the terrible setting. Ugh, it's like an older dignified lady wearing clothes from a cheap teeny bopper store :snooty:

IMG_7171.JPG IMG_7172.JPG IMG_7174.JPG

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess it's transitional?
And I kinda like the setting. It's reminiscent of the sputnik that your spinel came from. Very Mid-Century!
Was this in the pawn shop where you got the double diamond ring?

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
That made me laugh out loud! I read your description of the older lady in teeny bopper clothes, then scrolled down to the pic. Like Grandma with a big feather boa around her neck! Lol.
Looks transitional to me too.

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think transitional, too.

(I'm terrified that I'm going to end up being that granny! )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a transitional stone to me too. Perhaps the experts will weigh in.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, no this was in the other pawn shop across the street. I went back last night to check out that three diamond ring (carbon on the table when I loupes it) and then saw this and thought the center looked old. The guy I was dealing with was the owner, really nice guy so I asked if I could take some pictures. That setting though, I can't get with it lol!

@CHRISTY-DANIELLE @missy see but there can be that older lady who dresses in a fun way and pulls it off. This ring is definitely the crazier one lol!

DH was like "are you going to buy it?" And I didn't say anything in the store but when we got in the car I told him, I can't buy it if I don't know what it is!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder how broad the definition of transitional is? The transitional sum familiar with - admittedly a very small sample - have a lower table than that diamond appears to have.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder how broad the definition of transitional is? The transitional sum familiar with - admittedly a very small sample - have a lower table than that diamond appears to have.

It's admittedly not a great picture, the lights in this store don't do the diamonds any favors which is strange.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results