shape
carat
color
clarity

What inventions do you wish existed to make your life easier?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lately I have been wishing for a quiet Hepa filter vacuum that would not terrify my cats. As in making no sound whatsoever. Does a vacuum like that exist?

What invention would you like to see come to fruition to improve your quality of life?

inventionscalvinandhobbes.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@baby monster along those lines come to think of it I’d love to be able to fly like the birds or something similar. Just lift up and fly wherever I need to go. No traffic and easy peasy. Commuting would take on a whole new meaning. Though I guess I could see skies becoming congested like the highways. But still in my fantasy that would be an efficient and cool way to get places quickly.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You beat me to it @baby monster, I’d love to just be able to teleport from the UK to the US quickly and easily to see my son, rather than it taking the best part of a day to get there.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah teleportation. I hate sitting in traffic :knockout:

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I want something easy to melt the snow. If you are wealthy, some people have pipes put underground so they just heat them up to melt the snow. I want something that you can just roll out before the snow that has something inside of it that melts the snow on my driveway and sidewalk. I think there is someone somewhere who can develop my product.

Annette

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I want something easy to melt the snow. If you are wealthy, some people have pipes put underground so they just heat them up to melt the snow. I want something that you can just roll out before the snow that has something inside of it that melts the snow on my driveway and sidewalk. I think there is someone somewhere who can develop my product.

Annette

My town does treat the roads before snow and ice...and I have neighbors who had a heated driveway, but it has since failed and it’s too much for them to replace right now. I used to be so jealous of them! :)

I hate traffic too!
I wanted to invent a bumper pad that goes around the car easily as I hate the dings on my cars that happen no matter how far away I park. :x2 Kind of like those bumper beavers but for the body of the car.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An affordable, easy to use, portable kitty scanner so I could loot for blockages and stuff without a vet visit with x-rays and all that.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beds that automatically dumped teenage boys on the floor then folded up so they couldnt crawl back in.:lol:

Showers with timers. Water turns off (or goes cold) when time is up.

I sound like a mean mom dont I?:twisted: I'm sure ya'll with teenagers understand my struggles!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beds that automatically dumped teenage boys on the floor then folded up so they couldnt crawl back in.:lol:

I sound like a mean mom dont I?:twisted: I'm sure ya'll with teenagers understand my struggles!

Haha not at all. You sound like an experienced and wise mom and your kids are lucky to have you. :appl:

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I’d buy that vacuum!

It’s been a few years since I’ve been on PS but I have a little down time right now... I had a LAVH hysterectomy on Wednesday and am at home recuperating. I was laying in bed last night and the weight of our “light” down comforter was putting pressure on my pelvic area, so I kept propping my arms up to hold the comforter off of me (I was a bit chilly thus I wanted covers of some sort on me) but then I’d fall asleep and my arms would lower and the blankets would touch me. Thus the vicious cycle.

I kept picturing a contraption like a cardboard box with a cutout on one side for my chest area and a cutout on the opposite side for my legs. It would lay propped over me - not touching my stomach at all - and the blankets could lay on top of the box. So I’m covered without the undue weight of the blankets.

New moms who had a c-section would probably appreciate this invention too...

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@smitcompton It is done when re-frieze is useful WWW Railways use steam de-icers - on rails, not on concrete WWW & there is always worry about re-frieze. There are piles of patents on such things (iffy treasure)

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I wish new things only came upon request - like Google answers...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d buy that vacuum!

It’s been a few years since I’ve been on PS but I have a little down time right now... I had a LAVH hysterectomy on Wednesday and am at home recuperating. I was laying in bed last night and the weight of our “light” down comforter was putting pressure on my pelvic area, so I kept propping my arms up to hold the comforter off of me (I was a bit chilly thus I wanted covers of some sort on me) but then I’d fall asleep and my arms would lower and the blankets would touch me. Thus the vicious cycle.

I kept picturing a contraption like a cardboard box with a cutout on one side for my chest area and a cutout on the opposite side for my legs. It would lay propped over me - not touching my stomach at all - and the blankets could lay on top of the box. So I’m covered without the undue weight of the blankets.

New moms who had a c-section would probably appreciate this invention too...

Oh yes,I could have used that invention when I was recuperating from a broken leg. Anything touching my leg at that time was excruciatingly painful. Wishing you an easy and quick recovery.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reactions: AV_

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A vacuum that can separate out Legos, so then if you suck one up it would go in its own canister. My oldest son sucked up a
Lego and it somehow got into the motor and ruined my Dyson so I would welcome a
Lego sorting vacuum :mrgreen2:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm DONE full on ROFL!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As someone with an AWFUL commute I also vote for teleportation!

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ll take an haircutting pillow, that can trim my hair while I’m sleeping. I never seem to have enought time to get it cut...

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

This is genius, and I could use 2 for my 2 teens!
I would also take a self-folding bed for myself, but in my case, I just need to "make" the bedding all nice, so I don't have to make my bed in the morning.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah definitely teleportation! Very handy in OZ with such long distances to travel. I'd love to visit my friends who live elsewhere more often but ya know...Adelaide is like a 3 day drive... :wall:

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This is a fun thread! I love all the inventions, but would be happy with a magic potion that would make my dogs only shed outside.. :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a fun thread! I love all the inventions, but would be happy with a magic potion that would make my dogs only shed outside.. :D

Haha I like that one. How about going one step further and a magic potion that would keep our furry babies healthy and happy for a long time. Their life span is way too short and we need to keep them with us for a longer time. And shedding outside is good too.:halo:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As someone with an AWFUL commute I also vote for teleportation!

I wish we could teleport right now because we have to head into the city from the Jersey shore and you never know what traffic is going to be like at any given moment. Or I wish I could just flap my arms and fly. That would work too. 8)
Instead we are leaving at an ung-dly hour and hoping to make it by my 7:15 AM appointment time. Fingers crossed.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love a time machine to bring me back in time when Francesca was alive and before we adopted a kitten that would make all the remaining cats sick. I want to go back in time. Can someone please invent that time machine?

Not to be greedy but I could also see my grandma and my Billy again if that time machine existed.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to have a time machine so I could undo some things that have happened in life-like preventing accidents. Teleporting works for me especially to avoid unpleasant weather. Its going to be hot today and I would like to easily get to the beach. Leaving for the beach for 10 days tomorrow super early in the morning to avoid as much traffic as possible.

When my boys were teens when I went to wake them up for a second or third time I brought a spray bottle filled with water in with me. I only had to use it once.:mrgreen: Oh, were they ticked off. I just told them it ticked me off to have to come in and repeatedly wake them up, so avoid it for both of us and get your butt up. I understand, @tyty333

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Money Tree would come in quite handy ;-) :lol:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Teleportation. I hate commuting and it seems to get worse every year.

I was going to say flying cars that will not kill people (which they have but are still working on getting approval for).... for the same reasons.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

All my points have already been made...$$ tree, star trek/Jetsons instant food processor, and of course teleportation (into PS'er jewellery boxes!) LOL

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results