shape
carat
color
clarity

What gemstone is this?

Ellen V

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I have my grandmothers ring and not sure about the gemstone in it. It changed color, depending on the light. But it’s impossible to make a photo if real color, in a day light it’s bluesh green and if you look under lamp light - it’s more purple.
Thank you

Attachments

• A0DF5D19-9D04-4134-826F-651154511C99.jpeg
    A0DF5D19-9D04-4134-826F-651154511C99.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 5AC91B6B-35FE-4B1C-8102-78F3B3701FD0.jpeg
    5AC91B6B-35FE-4B1C-8102-78F3B3701FD0.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 32

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not an expert, and no doubt they will offer their advice soon.

However, one cannot judge a CS based on just a couple of photos!

It needs to be tested by an expert with the right tools.

The best outcome would be a genuine colour-change Alexandrite.

However it could be a synthetic stone instead.

Good luck!

DK :))

Ellen V

Rough_Rock
Thank you

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Could be synthetic sapphire or glass, doped to have the color change characteristics.

Could also be real, but at that size and clarity it’d be priceyyyyy.

Ellen V

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for your comments

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Here's mine, a long-ago flea-market find, back when gold was cheap:
fullsizeoutput_65d1.jpeg fullsizeoutput_65d0.jpeg

Ellen V

Rough_Rock
Wow it’s gorgeous.
Mine is russian gold, I thought at least the gemstone is real.. but it’s worthless now I guess :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I have my grandmothers ring and not sure about the gemstone in it. It changed color, depending on the light. But it’s impossible to make a photo if real color, in a day light it’s bluesh green and if you look under lamp light - it’s more purple.
Thank you

its really quite spectacular wheather it is natural or man made
im had your wearing it, in memory of your gran =)2

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Wow it’s gorgeous.
Mine is russian gold, I thought at least the gemstone is real.. but it’s worthless now I guess :)

Of course it's not worthless! It's made of a lot of gold ("Russian gold" is an alloy of gold, right?), it looks beautiful on your hand, and it belonged to your grandmother. Synthetic sapphire is a good, hard, tough stone, so you can wear it without worrying about damaging it. I hope you wear it and enjoy it. I bet you'll get lots of compliments.

Ellen V

Rough_Rock
Thank you, yes the gold is not worthless and the fact that is granny’s also. But I’m a fan of real things, and stones, so it’s a bit frustrating for me... as I believe that precious stones have the characteristics and that’s why they are precious

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, yes the gold is not worthless and the fact that is granny’s also. But I’m a fan of real things, and stones, so it’s a bit frustrating for me... as I believe that precious stones have the characteristics and that’s why they are precious

but Granny was precious =)2

lots of famouse glamouse ladies, Princess Di, Jackie Kennedy, Elizabeth Taylor to name a few, mixed real gems and man made/ paste/ fake ones

Your grandma's ring is just too outrageously glamouse to be not worn and enjoyed

Ellen V

Rough_Rock
Well thank you so much anyway, nice people here

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of us on this board, myself included, mix real and fake/immitation/costume jewellery together.

If a piece is nice and wearable, especially those with sentimental values, does it matter if it is real or not?

DK :))

Ellen V

Rough_Rock
Yes this ring has more than sentimental values... but for me is also important the gemstone, as I believe that fake stones may have opposite effect than real gemstones but this is what I believe and I have many real stones rings. Jewellery also has to give some energy and charge you. It’s just my opinion, sorry for that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results