shape
carat
color
clarity

What gemstone for setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was wondering what colour gemstone is best for this specific mounting:
1. 18kt yellow gold
2. I'm not sure what type of setting it is called but it looks kind of like a bezel but is in actuality held in by 8 dot-like prongs
3. The rim around the center stone and dot-prongs are a white metal

I'd love to post the picture but since it is a one of a kind ring, I don't want someone else to buy it before I get a chance to evaluate it.
11.gif

I've thought about a red spinel but wondered if the white metal rim might make it look a little wierd? Plus I've already a couple other red spinels so it can be part of my jewellery set. Will a round spinel in a ring clash with my other cushion spinel earrings and pendant?

This is a round-about way of buying jewellery. I know people usually pick the gemstone, then the setting, but I couldn't pass up on this unusual setting, so here I am wondering what to put in it.
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s an example of the type of mounting prongs I''m talked about in the previous post.
012a.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the setting....you can put any thing you desire in that i would think....stone would be protected. and any color your heart desires.

clash?! don''t even begin to think of clash. this is not the 50''s. mix and match to your heart''s desire!

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results