shape
carat
color
clarity

What era is this cluster?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AC649D0D-4EA3-4C61-B5EA-9B5D741E59E0.jpeg I know it’s not an antique just styled after one. But curious bc it looks too imperfect to have been mass produced ? Any ideas? The trademark has worn away and it is 18k stamped 750

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you tell if it may have been two pieces at one time? Asking because the center looks brighter metal than the shank but it could be because of a camera flash. Do you have a loupe? If yes, can you see any wear on the ruby? My guess is that style is 1920s.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. It’s one piece for sure.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks Edwardian to me.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a chip on the stone by the prongs. :cry2:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd guess Edwardian or Art Deco. The calibre set rubies and frame is very Deco but the frilly outer edge looks more Edwardian to me.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a chip on the stone by the prongs. :cry2:

So sorry. It isn’t visible in your photos so have a jeweler check it and wear it with pride.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looks like it could be 50s to me. Very pretty.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
@nala it´s really beautiful! Looks also very well made, perhaps by hand, my guess also because hand work can be a bit "imperfect", by imperfect I do not mean less good of course, just you can see that hand touch. Based on the one photo, it is impossible to tell if it is a great repro, my goldsmith can replicate them at perfection for example. You should look for wear and teat, otherwise it may be from any era, it does not matter, it does not reduce the value. Rubies can have more major inclusions, sometimes one reaching the surface too that may look like a chip to you. Just an amazing piece and wear it with pride. If you want more info on it, take it to an appraiser to be inspected in person.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty Nala!

Question...do people refer to this as a "cluster" ring. In my mind this is not a cluster ring but maybe my definition is wrong??? However, I dont
really know what to call it if it isnt a cluster. Some kind of "bullet" ring?

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I agree @tyty333.

I would probably call it a Deco style cocktail ring. I just think that it is closer to cocktail than a cluster by def.

To me a cluster is one larger diamond in the center surrounded usually in a flower like shape by smaller diamonds, albeit the difference in ratio is lesser than in case of a halo. A cocktail ring OTOH is a ring with various combinations of colored stones, diamonds, etc., in all kinds of shapes, sizes, arrangements. Something a bit flashier, larger, in some cases suited for occasions. Just what I thin´k.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results