shape
carat
color
clarity

What does your SO think about you being a diamond or jewelry enthusiast on PS?

What does your SO think about you being on a diamond or jewelry enthusiast on PS?

• Don't care, don't want to be involved.

Votes: 26 26.0%
  • Mildly amused (will glance at pictures you show them from Pricescope).

Votes: 43 43.0%
  • Really interested, and wants to understand what YOU'RE into.

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • Annoyed, and wants you to stop perusing, and being tempted.

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 8 8.0%

• Total voters

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Just out of curiosity....
Pick one of the choices above, or if it's none of the above, tell me your significant other's feelings about you being a Pricescope member?

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
None of the above. He likes rocks and minerals and everything about jewellery making almost as much as I do. He really loves seeing the more unique and fancy peices that pop up here especially. So I'm pretty lucky.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for the annoyed option, but that's putting it mildly. If he knew my PS name he would probably contact admin to have me banned forever :lol::lol:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly, I don't think he's ever noticed in 10 years :lol:

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I was embarrassed about my obsession... and finally confessed it. He was interested and liked that I love the research and technical aspects of it. We're both very money minded and so I'm conservative in spending, but when I do spend PS is here to help!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is probably amused that I'm a member of a luxury forum such as PS at our income level.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the mildly amused. I showed him a gorgeous Emerald cut with trapezoid sides the other day, and told him I wanted that for a future big anniversary. He said he preferred that I stayed with a round cut because he "knows me" and he said "wouldn't a 5ct round be better"? Um, sure!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the middle one. He's a poker enthusiast and still has annual get-togethers with friends he met through a poker forum 15 years ago, so he definitely understands the community aspect of PS. When we first became friends he mentioned that he was "not a jewelry person" and just didn't understand it. I took him to a get-together 2 years ago and he started talking about designing pieces for me. So far he gets lists with links to pieces I might like to receive, should he feel so inclined. He has done well so far. :D

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is more like doesn't mind but has beem encouraging me in learning more about jewelrymaking. Though we both have typical office jobs we're also both into making things. He has his own online rabbithole related to one of his interests/hobbies so I guess he can't judge :lol-2: My friends would find it weird, only one of them knows.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have just read these options to Mr T & he replied none of the above. He says he isn’t remotely interested in diamonds or jewellery, but he loves watching my passion for it & thinks it’s really healthy that I am knowledgeable & can hold a room whenever jewellery pops up in conversation. He also loves that people will come to me for advice & that I have chosen 2 engagement rings over the years, one for my little sister & one for my best friend, after being asked to help by the respective partners to be.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He doesn't care about what I choose as a hobby. Or rather, he's fine with this hobby. I don't follow his hobbies/forums and he doesn't follow mine. We show each other or tell each other about what is going on in our forums/with forum members though.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Somewhere between doesn’t care and mildly amused. He likes to tease me about it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine doesn't really care too much. He likes what I have gotten but probably wishes I would stay off. He does ask me with an eyeroll why do I bother participating in the "other" HO discussions.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If my husband noticed, he would think this same thing!!! :lol:

I hear that and any jewelry is a luxury really but one of the things I appreciate about PS is seeing cool designs at all kinds of price points =)2

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my husband falls somewhere between mildly amused and really interested. I don’t think he’s all that interested in jewelry but he is interested in me so he pays attention. He doesn’t care much about things like CADs but is happy to look at them anyway. He always asks to see new gems I’ve purchased and listens to me talk about threads I’ve seen here. I share everything with him because he’s my best friend but I don’t expect him to remember everything I talk about. However, I’m always happily surprised when I make a jewelry related comment and he pipes in with something I mentioned in a previous conversation. They really do listen. :kiss2:

Another bonus, he admires my ring almost every day (I switch them daily) and he even knows the names of most of my gems & jewelers.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's mildly amused but thinks some jewelry prices are crazy. I can't disagree. He'll see me perusing jewelry photos and say "rock ****!". I like to tease him and say, "This is what I want" <points to 9 carat diamond that costs the earth>. I just like to see if he's paying attention.:wink2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I chose "Really interested".
My DH has always liked jewelry. But his interest has developed further because he lives with me!
I will bring him to gem and mineral shows and he usually ends up buying a thing or two for himself. The last time we went he found a carved agate skull that he liked. He likes to look at the mineral specimens, fossils, etc.
He wears jewelry all the time, sterling cuff bracelets, skull rings and a diamond stud. Sort of biker/artsy. But he doesn't have a bike!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She thinks I am
nuts.gif
. She loves diamonds but she doesn't really know much about it.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is mildly amused but doesn't want to be involved. When he sees me furiously texting someone, he asks if I'm talking to "one of my diamond friends"!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just asked mine, and he said none of the above :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I chose #3 though he already knows and gets what I am into. My dh is the one who found Pricescope for me all those years ago. And now look at me lol. :lol:

Anyway I am thankful for PS and grateful to my dh for introducing me to PS. Win win. He wants me to be happy and he loves that I am passionate about jewelry. Not about the jewelry per se but more about the fact it brings me joy. I love that he has hobbies he is passionate about too so really there is no downside at all. We aren't foolish about spending money so we are good to enjoy our hobbies.

He is often my accomplice in my "blingy" adventures and attends jewelry events with me as well as accompanies me to my favorite jewelry shoppes. Everything is more fun (for us) when we do it together.

Bring on the bling.:appl:

shinebrightlikeadiamond.gif

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH encourages and is amused by my bling habit. But I think that is more so he can fully enjoy his expensive hobby, cars! :dance:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my husband learned about my love of diamonds when we first started dating in 85, so it's no news to him. My husband knows diamonds make me happy and therefore he supports my habit to the best of his financial ability!

Sometimes he does say: "Missy is a bad influence on you!" joking of course... he's happy if I am happy and he knows EVERYTIME he walks by my laptop it's going to be a picture of a diamond!

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Great thread - it's fun to find out more about some of the regulars on here!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
My husband HATES my looking at or buying of jewelry. He gets snarky about it too. If I get a random package NOT from Amazon, he'll say something like "what, are you buying more jewelry again?". I work hard for my money and I think I get to spend and save what doesn't go to the household as I see fit. He is entertained by gambling, and I'm entertained by sparklies.

The truth is, he doesn't even notice when I have something new, although I think he'll notice my new CBI/DK necklace.... :-o

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results