shape
carat
color
clarity

What do YOU wear with your emilya halo?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I am trying to decide between the Kate Beckinsale stack (picture attached) or wearing the emilya alone. It's got such presence by itself, but I am getting a few "where is your wedding band?"

These people know I'm married, so I think it's just "custom" around here to wear a wedding band.

I don't think I want a custom spacer and matching flush band. I am not into the flush look. I'd like the rings to be separated, like in the picture.

Just wondering what other Emilya owners wear with theirs. :D

like_thesebands-1.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh shoot! This should be in SMTB.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like the look of it with bands then go for it! But don't do it just because it's "the norm". It's "normal" around here too, but I don't wear one - never have - I like the "e-ring" to stand out on it's own.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Choosing bands is fine for RT. SMTB is more for showing your set once it is done!

I definitely would wear a band because I like the look better. Not sure it needs two bands, but I do love KB's set! I think you just need to find some thin bands to try on with it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Soxfan! I love the KB look. And I agree with Diamonseeker: see if you can go to a jeweller who has several delicate bands in stock and see what look you prefer. The shape and look of your ring is defferent then KB's ring so it could well be that you prefer to wear it with one band only or even none at all.
I did a quick search and I saw a lot of photo's of PSers wearing it standalone. And some (SB and Frankiextah?) wearing it with a spacer and matching band. In the end: do what you like best and don't wear a wedding band because people feel you are supposed to wear one. Good luck with your search! I can't wait to see what you are getting

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
I love the KB set and just personally think a ring looks better in company with a band (or two...) if it were me, because of the pave on the band of he Emilya, I'd have one thin matchy band and either a plain thin spacer or a totally non-matchy band that had some shape variation (like the 3rd band in KB's set). You might look through the halo thread and see what is out there.

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
I too love that set. I like a matching band and then something different, and I think that one can depend solely on your taste. I love KB's bezel, but I also think you might just have to try a few on and see what speaks to you.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
The stack you are describing and the bands in the picture you posted looks a lot like SB's old set. Too bad you didn't buy it when she had it for sale last year.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I love SB's old set and it has the ingredients you wear considering before: a diamond/sapphire band!

_9905.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I decided against sapphires. I like just diamonds. I'm going to crop and upload some pics I took at my jewelers...

SB621

Ideal_Rock
armywife13|1379007742|3519521 said:
The stack you are describing and the bands in the picture you posted looks a lot like SB's old set. Too bad you didn't buy it when she had it for sale last year.

I have to say at times I do miss my old stack, just a little. I personally loved the pop of color to break up the matchy matchy look of it, but the MRB held no interest. With my current stack it is all diamonds with still the matching band, spacer, but now I have another art deco diamond stacker that breaks it up. A bit more art deco seems to always win out with me. I did love the look but now it seems it is becoming popular to do several stackers :rolleyes: so my mind is already wandering to something different. By the way nice to see you again AW :wavey: we miss you around PS!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so the bands are HUGE on me. I have tiny fingers, so try to imagine them fitting. :lol: The one that looks like the band on my emilya is a perfect match. Same width, would just need to come down on height. I LOVE the eternity band!!!!!! :love: I would have the yellow diamonds in the band replaced with white and I can KEEP that diamond shape or go with a round shape between the the bars. Is that confusing? I hope I am explaining it right.

All the rings would be made to the same height at the emilya. I really liked the look- what do you all think? I am attaching 2 more pics below so check the next post. I couldn't fit the all on here.

img_5730.jpg

img_5729.jpg

img_5728.jpg

img_1911.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 more

img_5726.jpg

img_5725.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I showed the pics to hubby. He LIKES the thin band with the baguette band. :shock: Wow, an opinion. I agree with him. I may go for it!

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
Nice! I like the two bands - even the yellow (and I'm not even a big fan of yellow).

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Lovely.

Question for you. I think one of the elements that makes KB's stack so gorgeous are the French cut stones - or the visual difference between the rounds and the stepped cut. Is that something you particularly want to capture?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nowicanseethemoon|1379035996|3519804 said:
Lovely.

Question for you. I think one of the elements that makes KB's stack so gorgeous are the French cut stones - or the visual difference between the rounds and the stepped cut. Is that something you particularly want to capture?

yeah! the baguettes. That is what my husband thinks too. My jeweler can do it.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the look and it could definitely be a go. I think I'm looking for the yellow/diamond band to have more contrast somehow either with different shaped stones or some thin shiny bezels. I love the band that goes perfectly with the Emilya - now you just have to settle on the third band. Great finds though!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1379036329|3519810 said:
I like the look and it could definitely be a go. I think I'm looking for the yellow/diamond band to have more contrast somehow either with different shaped stones or some thin shiny bezels. I love the band that goes perfectly with the Emilya - now you just have to settle on the third band. Great finds though!

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the look! I esoecially like the 'yellow' band (but then in diamonds like you planned). It's great that your hubby likes it too :bigsmile:

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
I love the pic with the two rings you tried on. Looks like a simple wedding band and a unique eternity, and altogether looks fab! My princess is currently being set in a halo (I already have the wedding back which looks just like the bottom band you tried on and Im hoping to buy the Kate B eternity from ID jewellery soon as I cant find it here in Australia). Etsy has a cute "tiffany swing" replica for circa $300 I think but total carat weight is only .32 I believe. Ill try and find a link. The genuine Tiffany is .62 TCW and I think circa $5k.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
laurenk|1379056234|3519910 said:
I love the pic with the two rings you tried on. Looks like a simple wedding band and a unique eternity, and altogether looks fab! My princess is currently being set in a halo (I already have the wedding back which looks just like the bottom band you tried on and Im hoping to buy the Kate B eternity from ID jewellery soon as I cant find it here in Australia). Etsy has a cute "tiffany swing" replica for circa $300 I think but total carat weight is only .32 I believe. Ill try and find a link. The genuine Tiffany is .62 TCW and I think circa $5k.

I love the one from ID jewelry. I'm just going to have my jeweler make the same one, but with milgraining. I may make that one 2 mm. My e-ring band is 1.7 or so as is the wedding band..

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ok, all set. Baquettes are being shipped in! I will do a matching band for my ering (same exact size) and the IDJ band but it will be made by my jeweler. That one will be 2 mm- SLIGHTLY wider than the e-ring band and matching wedding band. I will get them either for Christmas or our anniversary in February! :appl:

crj128

Rough_Rock
I love it all!! It's going to look FABULOUS!! I was just looking at the pictures about to reply "Looks amazing AND hubby likes it too- do it!!!" then I kept reading and you already had decided!! Here's to patiently waiting for Christmas and/or February!! :)

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
May I ask what sized baguettes and rounds you chose? I'm considering having my jeweller make mine also since I'm in Australia.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I love that stack, and I ADORE your new ring! :love:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
laurenk|1379104534|3520309 said:
May I ask what sized baguettes and rounds you chose? I'm considering having my jeweller make mine also since I'm in Australia.

I have NO idea. I'll have to ask....

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
soxfan|1379111637|3520394 said:

Thank you! Did you show your jeweller the ID jewelery picture which states the size in total weight of bezel and round and let him work it out?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
laurenk|1379111927|3520395 said:
soxfan|1379111637|3520394 said:

Thank you! Did you show your jeweller the ID jewelery picture which states the size in total weight of bezel and round and let him work it out?

yeah, I was in there yesterday. The ID jewelry ring is cast. This one will be fabricated. I'm looking forward to seeing it. It will be awesome.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results