shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you wear under your dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
What do people wear under their wedding dresses to, ya know...smooth everything out? I was on amazon.com looking at reviews for the Spanx product, and they''re kinda mixed. I have a corseted dress, but I have a tummy and I really want it to be flat in the front. Also I''m not sure whether to wear a bra under the gown.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 5:11:49 PM
Author:tberube
What do people wear under their wedding dresses to, ya know...smooth everything out? I was on amazon.com looking at reviews for the Spanx product, and they''re kinda mixed. I have a corseted dress, but I have a tummy and I really want it to be flat in the front. Also I''m not sure whether to wear a bra under the gown.
I had a Spanx-like product. Came high - above the waist - so no indentation at the waist. Came down to the lower thigh, so no panty lines. Used the silicone breast cups that hook together in the front; they sort of stick to you to fill you out and keep you covered. They don''t give you any support, but if your dress has boning you may not need the support. Using those kept me from buying a long line strapless that I would never need again, in that color.

There was no need for a slip, or hoops, or anything because the dress itself had five layers of fabric including tulle that gave the dress its shape.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Spanx are great (and on sale at Loehmanns!). If you have a dress with thinner material and no underlayers, I would make sure to get something that comes down to capri length so you don't have lines on the thigh either. Whether to wear a bra is something you should probably figure out with whoever is doing your alterations. Depending on the level of structure of the dress, you may need to go various routes. Sewn-in cups are surprisingly effective, especially in combination with boning. There are a lot of other options, too, from bras to corsets to all-in-ones. I would check out the spanx website -- i know they used to have something that covered everything from the knee up. Just make sure you go with what feels comfy for you. Your seamstress can pin things in and try out different versions and positions to make it right. Don't let them talk you into a bra or alteration that is uncomfortable (I had a seamstress doing a BM dress for me try to talk me into a longline that looked like it was made by a blind monkey -- I had to go 2 cup sizes down to come close to it fitting and it still made me look like i was an extra in a madonna video). Check out barenecessities.com for other good options. GOod luck!

ETA -- whatever you choose, make sure you try it on, all at the same time, at a dress fitting. i would suggest having a plan b on hand.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wore a long line bra, underwear, and a tulle slip.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I adore Spanx - the ones that come to just below your bust and down to mid thigh. Plus they are really comfortable.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I have a very square shape. Not much chest, straight waist and a tiny bit of a tummy... So I''m wearing a bone bustier that gives me the hourglass shape I don''t have.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results