shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you watch when you are working out?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't watch much tv. I would like to work out more. I never do, actually. Well, yesterday I did the treadclimber and could only manage 13 minutes. In the past, I've been happy with 30-40 minutes, but it is a real struggle to get there. I really felt weak. Sometimes, I do feel weak, but I think it's from being tired. I don't sleep nearly enough. After my second child, I got to the point where I asked my son's pediatrician whether I should go to the doctor because I really felt it was a struggle to walk, that I had just general body weakness all over. She told me to sleep more! That was when he was still an infant. He's 2.5 now, so I should be getting myself back together with both sleep and doing cardio. So, I need to work on my sleep time.

Additionally, I get bored on the treadclimber --

So, does anyone have any hulu or netflix recommendations for shows to watch to keep from being bored? I do not watch violent or remotely scare-y stuff -- so no crime shows, etc.

Q

Queenie60

Have you considered purchasing an inexpensive spin bike and using the Peloton app on your iphone or ipad for working out? I do this several times per week and it's motivating and fun! The instructors vary and you can choose a workout based on the music genre you enjoy.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I listen to audio books (free from library using Overdrive app) when I work out. By workout I mean walk...on a treadmill...slowly.

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I mostly work out outside now (running,walking,hiking,cross country skiing etc) but when I used to own a treadmill I’d tune into things that motivated me - like if I had one now I’d watch the Olympics... lots of times I’d have the TV on but have upbeat music blasting if I couldn’t find anything good.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always liked a mind numbing tabloid with lots of glossy pics of celebs lololol.

Try the cartoons on Netflix for adults like bobs burger, bordertown, etc.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For me, I do better when I have an accountability partner. If I'm "competing" with someone (as in, I have to work out because they did or are working out with me) I am more motivated to continue.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go to a gym, so it depends on what treadmill or cross trainer I find myself on. Usually, I am on the side of the gym that I can watch NBC (morning news, afternoon soap or talk show) or local news, CNN, Animal Planet. The other side has Friends, CSI, more news, and Sports. If I have nothing to watch, I'm not going to be on that thing for long :)

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying watching workout videos on YouTube. When I’m really tired, I will just open up a Walking video or cardio workout video and do that. It keeps my attention because it’s fast paced and they are easy moves to follow.
In particular I love Leslie Sansone. She has a 5K with a twist video that I love to do. She does them in one mile parts so if you don’t want to do the whole thing, you can split it up.
For running, I like to watch Paula B and for a great kickboxing video I do Chris Freytag.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I listen to audio books and watch other people working out. I'm not usually very motivated at home, if it's home I'm watching a workout on YouTube.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watch whatever is in my Netflix list because I save up shows for the treadmill. Right now my list has second season of The Crown and third season of Frankie and Grace. Just finished watching Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee with Seinfeld. It was funny if you like his comedy. If any good concerts pop up in suggestions, I also put them on the list.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I workout only to music as that gets my workout level up.
However my dh watches action movies and such while working out. I would think anything that is fast paced could help your workout.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I have been doing 30 minutes on the elliptical on the days I don't do Jazzercise. After 3 surgeries last year and medication that makes me gain weight, I need to work out every day. I have started DVRing movies from Turner Classic Movies. I only tape 3 or 4 star movies and they have no commercials. I am having a lot of fun.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is my quiet time of the day ... I listen to myself breathing & watch a full length mirror.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the ideas everyone. I truly appreciate it.

Queenie60 - That's a brilliant idea, and one I wouldn't have thought of on my own. Do you have a spin bike you'd recommend?

Tyty - That's nice that you can listen to the books on tape. For me, I need something to keep me on that thing, so I don't think books would do it for me, though I should try it on the drive to work!

PintoBean - I've never heard of those cartoons. I'll look them up. Truth be told, I'm a fan of real housewives type tv, but can no longer find on hulu. Seems like the tv equivalent to tabloids to me, haha.

Kayla17 - So funny that you mentioned Leslie Sansone. I've done a few of her videos with my daughter (age 7) and it is actually huge fun! How could it not be. We are giggling the whole way through. She doesn't do the whole thing, of course, and makes many modifications, but it is fun. I'm going to look up the one you suggested!

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I watch past seasons of RuPaul's Drag Race. It reminds me to be fierce when I'm swinging and lifting kettlebells!

Q

Queenie60

I workout only to music as that gets my workout level up.
However my dh watches action movies and such while working out. I would think anything that is fast paced could help your workout.
My DH watches golf while riding the spin bike!!:cool2::cool2: - go figure!

Q

Queenie60

Thanks for the ideas everyone. I truly appreciate it.

Queenie60 - That's a brilliant idea, and one I wouldn't have thought of on my own. Do you have a spin bike you'd recommend?

Tyty - That's nice that you can listen to the books on tape. For me, I need something to keep me on that thing, so I don't think books would do it for me, though I should try it on the drive to work!

PintoBean - I've never heard of those cartoons. I'll look them up. Truth be told, I'm a fan of real housewives type tv, but can no longer find on hulu. Seems like the tv equivalent to tabloids to me, haha.

Kayla17 - So funny that you mentioned Leslie Sansone. I've done a few of her videos with my daughter (age 7) and it is actually huge fun! How could it not be. We are giggling the whole way through. She doesn't do the whole thing, of course, and makes many modifications, but it is fun. I'm going to look up the one you suggested!

https://www.costco.com/Life-Fitness-Lifecycle-GX---Assembly-Required.product.100367234.html

I have this bike and love it! It's well built and we use it almost daily. With the Peloton app on my apple TV. It's wonderful to workout with!!! Highly recommend if it's in your price range. If not, go to Amazon and read the reviews of some of the less expensive bikes. There's something out there in your price range. Good luck.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
I also love Leslie Sansone walking videos for in the house workouts. My favorite so far is the 5 mile. It is fast paced with a two minute boost between each mile that kicks my butt.
When I walk outside, I either listen to our pastor’s messages from previous service or Pandora.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also love Leslie Sansone walking videos for in the house workouts. My favorite so far is the 5 mile. It is fast paced with a two minute boost between each mile that kicks my butt.
When I walk outside, I either listen to our pastor’s messages from previous service or Pandora.
That’s the one I mentioned above I think. It’s 5k with a twist and at the end of each run she does a two minute boost. It’s perfect.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I watch youtube videos, at the moment skin care ones (as pregnancy recently destroied my skin, lol it felt like a bad joke since everyone tells you pregnancy makes you glow ). I like gothmista and Stephanie Nicole's channels.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results