shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of thsi antique cushion sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Yeh, I see it... I don''t trust ebay. HMMM>.. I do see the chip... Hmmm

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It''s purplish and the symmetry is lumpy and terrible. In addition to the visible chip or inclusion, the table is misaligned over to one end and the faceting is awful. It''s strongly zoned -- look at the bottom-up view. Stay away!!

There are frequently very good buys on Ebay but it''s strictly a "buyer beware" environment. Every sale and seller must be judged individually by a knowledgeable buyer.

Richard M.

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/20/2005 11:10:47 AM
Author: Richard M.
It''s purplish and the symmetry is lumpy and terrible. In addition to the visible chip or inclusion, the table is misaligned over to one end and the faceting is awful. It''s strongly zoned -- look at the bottom-up view. Stay away!!

There are frequently very good buys on Ebay but it''s strictly a ''buyer beware'' environment. Every sale and seller must be judged individually by a knowledgeable buyer.

Richard M.
Hello Richard M.,

I have purchased from this seller before and the stones were very nice. His pictures are very accurate "IF" you know what you are looking for. The cutting of most of his stones aren''t great but the material is ussually very good. Great for a cutter like yourself as a preform. As you said this peice looks very zoned.

Richard M.

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/20/2005 11:37:45 AM
Author: MJO
The cutting of most of his stones aren''t great but the material is ussually very good. Great for a cutter like yourself as a preform. As you said this peice looks very zoned.

Great suggestion MJO. Thanks. The images are accurate so some degree of judgment about quality and recut options is possible.

Richard M.

flee12

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the replies. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results