shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this round brilliant?

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, I have been debating about sharing this, but here goes.

90 G vs1 round brilliant. I have a down payment on it. Be gentle GIA 2334162002-IdealScope-01.jpg please. It is for an e ring....mine :) Hca comes in at .70. From what I understand, on the shallower end but #'s fall within the pricescope criteria I know there is one place of leakage at 5pm.( I have been reading diligently). It looks bright in person. Is that a deal breaker? Thank you for teaching me so much!!

Depth 61.2
Table 57
Crown 34
Pavilion 40.6

GIA 2334162002-Officelight black-01.jpg

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's pulling a lower HCA score because of the shallower crown coupled with a shallow pavilion. While we prefer an inverse relationship between the crown & pavilion (steep crown/shallow pavilion or vice versa) the IS looks good and with precision faceting this combo is fine.

The image looks to be from IDJ in NYC. Is this correct? If so, ask Yeukitel for an ASET and also a detailed SARIN report. Also hearts and arrows (H&A) image.

Please post once he shares.

FYI, the spot at 5pm isn't leakage. The black is obstruction. The lighter pink color suggests less intense light return. If you look closely you will see some light pink slivers around the rest of the stone as well. While you would prefer a dark red, it's unlikely you'd notice a difference with your eyes.

Alas there is some painting/digging around the girdle. Not sure the effect yet. The ASET will show us a little more.

Overall, a promising stone.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case you are curious....

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @sledge . Yes, it is from IDJ. Here are two more images. GIA 2334162002-ASET black (Fancy)-01.jpg GIA 2334162002-Officelight Gray-01.jpg

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pavilion is cut slightly unevenly, but nothing significant. Whatever slight imperfection in cut you see is worsen by the tilt and strong backlight.
0.90 G VS1 with this cut quality is not easy to find unless you want to spend 25~30% more for a super ideal cut diamond, especially around Christmas.

I give 98/100.
Go for it.

How much is it anyways? Any fluo?

Last edited:

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock

TODiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Looks fantastic to me. I wouldn't spend a second worrying about the slight obstruction / unevenness.

You're not going to do any better at this time of year without paying a ransom.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ASET looks good. Some manipulation, but still pretty good. Agree that without going to a super ideal, you probably won't find much better.

If the price is fair, and you are happy with all other elements then time to pull the trigger.

L

lydial

Looks pretty!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Looks fantastic to me. I wouldn't spend a second worrying about the slight obstruction / unevenness.

You're not going to do any better at this time of year without paying a ransom.

Thank you for that @TODiamonds !!!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
We are having idj set the stone. I am nervous. Not about them, just about the final product. I saw a stone online that may be better. Pricescope is dangerous.

mission1

Shiny_Rock
I think this is natural after doing so much research - I found that I kept looking at other diamonds after I’d made my decision...and eventually found one I preferred. I reassured myself that by following guidance on PS and elsewhere, you’ll have excluded 99% of mediocre stones - the variance between what you’ve chosen and what you could’ve chosen is likely to be well in the margins.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is natural after doing so much research - I found that I kept looking at other diamonds after I’d made my decision...and eventually found one I preferred. I reassured myself that by following guidance on PS and elsewhere, you’ll have excluded 99% of mediocre stones - the variance between what you’ve chosen and what you could’ve chosen is likely to be well in the margins.

Thanks Mission1!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
ASET looks good. Some manipulation, but still pretty good. Agree that without going to a super ideal, you probably won't find much better.

If the price is fair, and you are happy with all other elements then time to pull the trigger.

This is the one I am having set at IDJ. As a first timer, I am a nervous wreck!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
After some concerns were brought to my attention, I am now looking to start over. Here is a .92 SCANOX GIA 1299190273.JPG d vs2 . What do you think? Scores 1.3 on hca vs the last stone which was .70. @sledge GIA 1299190273-ASET black (Fancy)-01.jpg @Todd Gray GIA 1299190273-Officelight Gray-01.jpg GIA 1299190273-Officelight black-01.jpg GIA 1299190273-IdealScope-01.jpg GIA 1299190273-Hearts-01.jpg GIA 1299190273-ASET white-01.jpg

Last edited:

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
Does this one look like an improvement?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first stone which you were considering was wonderful and all the knowledgeable people here advised you to go ahead and pull the trigger. I am afraid that if you continue obsessing over insignificant details, which have no effect whatsoever in the overall beauty of the stone - as you see it with your naked eye - you will end up with a less beautiful stone and you might actually pay more!
Pricescope is a valuable source of information and support but reading too much and educating yourself should not lead to this result...which is you finding an excellent stone from an excellent vendor in an excellent price and still not feeling confident to go ahead and commit to it.
I wish you the best of luck in this journey, which should be a happy and fun journey for you...

headlight

Ideal_Rock
After some concerns were brought to my attention, I am now looking to start over. Here is a .92 SCANOX GIA 1299190273.JPG d vs2 . What do you think? Scores 1.3 on hca vs the last stone which was .70. @sledge GIA 1299190273-ASET black (Fancy)-01.jpg @Todd Gray GIA 1299190273-Officelight Gray-01.jpg GIA 1299190273-Officelight black-01.jpg GIA 1299190273-IdealScope-01.jpg GIA 1299190273-Hearts-01.jpg GIA 1299190273-ASET white-01.jpg

What were the concerns that were brought to your attention on the stone you purchased? Who brought these concerns to your attention?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the feedback @Natylad. I certainly do not want to be obsessing. I just want to make a good decision. Here is the thread @headlight that caused me to reconsider the stone. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/recommendations-for-someone-to-look-at-my-stone.253872/

I'm sorry @Mlh, I was under the impression that you hadn't seen the diamond in real life. If you saw it and you have doubts whether you like it or not, then you should obviously start over and get something that you will truly love :wavey:

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry @Mlh, I was under the impression that you hadn't seen the diamond in real life. If you saw it and you have doubts whether you like it or not, then you should obviously start over and get something that you will truly love :wavey:

Thank you @Natylad !

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where did you take the second photo in the other thread? Do not tell me it is inside the car.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
It was in a hotel room. Here is one at the store 20191218_161612.jpg

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where did you take the second photo in the other thread? Do not tell me it is inside the car.

Haha, I've also noticed LOTS of people taking pics of their rings in the car. To be honest I'm confused why. Is it the steering wheel provides a rest and angle opportunity?

No judgment as the best camera I have is on my cell phone and I can't shoot a great photo of a diamond to save my life.

But I find it odd so many are done in a car.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many people take pics of their rings in the car, because they are already dressed up and feeling special for fancy dinner or party, especially in MB, BMW, or AUDI. And as you said, the steering wheel and shifter provide a nice rest, and the viewing angle and distance is just perfect.

Having that said, it is actually the worst place to assess a diamond because, from that angle, the diamond faces you, your outfit and camera, and more importantly dark ceiling. There is no strong ambient diffused light.

Going back to OP's photos and obstruction, you need to assess the lighting environment first before assessing a diamond. Many stores and hotel rooms are poorly lit.

TYPICAL JEWELRY STORE

You may think this is pretty and bright. Actually, the wall and ceiling are dark. There is no strong ambient light off the wall. You only have a few light fixtures from certain angles and directions only. If you angle it right, you may see some sparkles and fires, but not brilliance. If you are taking a photo of a diamond in this setting, you are just capturing the reflection of you, your camera, dark ceiling/wall, and your clothing. The same goes for the most hotel rooms. You get some light from couple table lamps and tiny ceiling light by the entrance.

In that OP's photo above, I think the camera is just too close and the diamond facing something dark in the environment, therefore alot of darkness.

I still say the original stone is 98/100.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the feedback @Natylad. I certainly do not want to be obsessing. I just want to make a good decision. Here is the thread @headlight that caused me to reconsider the stone. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/recommendations-for-someone-to-look-at-my-stone.253872/
I did not participate in the thread that was linked here (unless I missed it!). So maybe reference to someone else’s comment and given I told so much of everyone’s time yesterday my screen name was on the brain lol!

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
What were the concerns that were brought to your attention on the stone you purchased? Who brought these concerns to your attention?

I thought this was your question to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results