shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this ring???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winston5

Rough_Rock
Considering buying this ring- what do you think?
1.72 Carat oval center stone, 0.70 carat round diamonds on band

01019.jpg

kjt

Rough_Rock
very nice!
I think I would like to see a more delicate band to match the halo, but that''s just my opinion :)

freudianflip

Rough_Rock
gorgeous! I love ovals, they''re so classy
36.gif
I would''ve requested an oval for my e-ring if I hadn''t inherited a RB from my mom.

actually, I like the solidity of the shank. It would look just as lovely with a more delicate version as well, but I prefer the more substantial look, myself
30.gif

peaches

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think it''s gorgeous overall though I do agree with KJT to some degree -- a thinner band would be just perfect! But really, either way, lovely ring.
21.gif

me&myboys

Shiny_Rock
very nice!!! i too, though, would prefer a more delicate looking band.

it is beautiful, though.
36.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, though I am in agreement on a thinner band to ''pop'' the center more - I think ovals are lovely.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
It`s a beautiful ring, but I agree that a more delicate shank will be even more stunning!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s beautiful. I do prefer the more delicate band and halo. With a center stone that big you will still have all the bling you need
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, but if I were buying it, I''d want the diamonds on the band to be closer in size to the diamonds on the halo. JMHO

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Have you seen it in person? I''d be concerned about the bowtie, and the fact that it is shown on an angle. Could be a dead stone. Big is not better when the cutting is off. Gorgeous overall design though. I like the shank especially. Unlike the more delicate ones that are prone to popping stones from torque, it looks solid.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I love ovals! Very pretty ring.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry - that does look like a large bowtie - do you have other shots?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that it is a pretty design. Do you happen to know the stats on the stones?

nicoleleigh

Rough_Rock
would be perfect if the band was a little thinner...very pretty oval and halo though!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you seen an oval in person? In your other posts, you''ve asked about radiants and cushions, as well. Maybe first determine which shape of stone you want before looking for a specific ring?

Rose-E

Shiny_Rock
Really pretty ring, I would also want a thinner band, so that it matched the halo. JMHO

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty, will that one be the actual ring?

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous!

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ring but I''d take a closer look at the oval to make sure it''s eye clean at least.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love ovals-I think it''s lovely!

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
love it~

winston5

Rough_Rock
Well I have been talking with the designer and decided not to go with the 1.72 carat stone because of the color. He gave me the specs on this stone to go in the ring... what do you all think about it?

1.51 carat oval
VS-1
H color
GIA certified

It is a smaller stone- but better quality than the last. The picture I posted is not of the actual ring- it is just the picture of the design. Also, do you think a 1.5 carat will look much smaller than a 1.7?? Thanks for all of your input.

Margot

Rough_Rock
One more vote for a delicate band. Lovely ring!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 9:22:13 PM
Author: winston5
Well I have been talking with the designer and decided not to go with the 1.72 carat stone because of the color. He gave me the specs on this stone to go in the ring... what do you all think about it?

1.51 carat oval
VS-1
H color
GIA certified

It is a smaller stone- but better quality than the last. The picture I posted is not of the actual ring- it is just the picture of the design. Also, do you think a 1.5 carat will look much smaller than a 1.7?? Thanks for all of your input.
It is hard to tell what a fancy cut (like an oval) will look like without seeing it in person. What is the spread like? The millimeter measurements should tell you whether it will face up much smaller than the other one you saw. Also, please find out from the seller whether the stone has a bowtie, which is a dark area in the middle of the oval that will look "dead" in many lights.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results