shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this old cut pear pendant?

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
It's white gold, so I have to buy a platinum chain and wear it over my shirt. What do you think of the cut? I think it's pretty, but I don't know if I should keep it...

_15093.jpg

_15094.jpg

_15095.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Is that the sign of approval, efc? :naughty:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What did you pay for it. What are the stats? What do you like about it, and what do you not like?

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
The price is $1500 including the chain. The seller says it's H/I and no visible inclusions. The color looks more like I/J in those pictures, but I cannot be sure until I receive it. The pear weighs 0.77. I love the pear, but I am not big fan of the small diamonds around the main stone. I'm allergic to white gold, which bothers me. I have always wanted a pear pendant and think this is pretty, but I'm not sure if this is a keeper. The seller has 100% positive feedbacks and a great return policy.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm no expert but I think it's fabulous! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lebwhite

Rough_Rock
My biggest complaint would be that it is not in platinum and you will have to wear it over a shirt. I would want to be able to wear it next to my skin. I do think it is pretty but doesn't sound like it is perfect for you.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mayk,

I think it's fabulous, too. I wish I was not allergic to white gold.

Missy,

I remember seeing that one on DB. Thanks for sharing. I do think that's beautiful. Maybe it's something I should consider...

Lebwhite,

You are absolutely right. While I don't like wearing anything that reveals too much of my chest area, it could be a problem.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sakuracherry, since you are allergic to WG I really think you have to hold out for platinum. Anything else will be a huge compromise and you won't be able to wear it whenever you want if you have to make sure your neck/chest area is always covered.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Missy,

I really love the stone, it's very disappointing :( I'll probably have to return it or keep it for my mother's big birthday. Thank god, she's not allergic to white gold. Thank you for your advice.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I think the pear is STUNNING!! The faceting is tdf!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE!!!! :love:

If it was me, though, I would probably reset it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sakuracherry|1392770686|3618181 said:
Missy,

I really love the stone, it's very disappointing :( I'll probably have to return it or keep it for my mother's big birthday. Thank god, she's not allergic to white gold. Thank you for your advice.

Hera said:

If you are in love with the diamond then I agree with Hera-resetting is a good option if it is in your budget. It's hard to come by a beautiful pear. Not so hard to find a nice platinum setting if it fits the budget that is. Hope you can keep it and reset it! And use the setting for something for your mom. :appl:

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Hera,

I think the pear will look amazing in a bezel :)

Missy,

I'll wait and see how I feel when I receive it. If I decide to keep the pear, I can probably put a pear shaped colored stone and give it to my mom. Thank you :)

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
very pretty keep it

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Sakuracherry|1392771872|3618202 said:
Hera,

I think the pear will look amazing in a bezel :)

Missy,

I'll wait and see how I feel when I receive it. If I decide to keep the pear, I can probably put a pear shaped colored stone and give it to my mom. Thank you :)

GAWD YES :love:

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
I think the pear looks amazing - beautiful faceting, beautiful shape. A perfect tear drop - not too fat, not too skinny.

I agree with Missy. If you like the pear, keep it. Great fancies are hard to come by. The setting however, can always be changed.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it, :love: :love: :love: & since you do have an option of re gifting the setting to your mom--you could easily reset it into a platinum setting, makes total sense to me!! I would love a good chubby pear like that :lickout:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
Hera|1392770829|3618187 said:

+1

You could also sell the setting and put the funds towards the re-set (although it probably will only cover a minimum amount).

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
Hera,

I'm glad you agree with me :)

Iota,

I agree. This is probably my third time seeing an old cut pear on eBay.

Sarah,

I'll have to head over to the colored stone forum later. Now I have more projects to enjoy ;-)

Two little birds,

That's definitely an option if my mother doesn't like the setting. Thank you for the suggestion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results