shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of these earrings?

Gmx

Rough_Rock
053717AA-3A44-45F6-B55D-ED70382A6E35.jpeg Hi,
I found these earrings at a local jewelry store. I really like the style. They are 18k white gold. The small diamonds are 0.36 total weight, G-H color and VS1 clarity. The price is $850. I am learning about quality pieces, so any comments about the quality, price would be much appropriated.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I can't help you with the quality of the diamonds or cost really, as I do not buy "colorless" ones. But I will say they are lovely and I'm inspired to commission earrings similarly with some tsavorites I have been sitting on!

Hopefully someone with more experience will chime in. Or maybe ask the moderators to move the thread to rocky-talky.

Reactions: Gmx

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I think they are terribly pretty. I think that's a good price for diamonds set in 18k gold. Do make sure they are real diamonds though.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the price is outrageous, for what you're getting.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, they are very pretty but when you buy brand new and from a retail bricks and mortar outlet the price includes taxes, rent, staff wages, profit etc etc.
So once you walk out the door, as a “pre loved” to then resell, they are saleable at about $400 or less
That’s just how it is. To buy jewellery that better retains its value you need to be the one paying the $400 or less as a pre loved item.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, it appears that the "center stone" in each earring is actually a "cluster" of much smaller stones. That is how the total carat weight of both earrings is only 0.36, but it gives a more substantial look. They are pretty and 18k gold is awesome, but I personally wouldn't spend that much on them. Particularly if it's a cluster illusion.

Did you buy them, or just like the style? If you just like the style, savvy hunters on here could hunt for something similar for you. Is ~$860 your budget?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results