shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think about this bracelet?

jimineez

Rough_Rock
Hello,
First, I know this is my first post under this name, but I used to come here a lot back in 2003 when I was shopping for my wife's engagement stone. The knowledge and contacts I gained here were invaluable, thanks!
FYI, I picked out a very nice 2.08 carat princess that she has worn every day for 9.5 years!

So the reason I'm back: my wife and I recently received a diamond bracelet from her aunt. The aunt has had it for so long that she forgot most of the details and she cant even find her appraisal although she had on done many years ago. Can anyone tell me what style this would be, or where it might be made? I know it is "just" 14k gold, but the diamonds are very nice. The only markings on it are a simple 14k stamp on one end the hasp, and "pat 4697315" on the other side of the hasp.

My wife thinks it is a little too fancy for her tastes, so I'm thinking about what to do with it. We have a lot of ethnic jewelers nearby along with the usual assortment of American companies, small and large.
To get an accurate appraisal first (and then maybe an offer), who would you take it to...small family jeweler, Indian jeweler, otherwise? Yes, I could go to where I bought her stone, but I've moved a fair distance away from him now. Can anyone help me with info or tell me anything else I should know about it?

Thanks again!,
jf

imgp9984.jpg

main.jpg

I don't have any advice since I am new and relatively clueless. BUT I wanted to say that I love the bracelet and I would wear it if it were me :)

Judicious

Rough_Rock
I love this bracelet......It is good for all moments. I will definitely wear it if it were mine. It's best for daytime as well as you can also wear it at night party. Actually, I like these bracelets also because I love golden a lot... :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
and while I'm not a fancy person nor am I usually into diamonds, I'd wear that bracelet just the way it is even to the farmers' market!

would be a pity to break it up......

palak123

Rough_Rock
I think the bracelet is quite good for the functional wear.

briolette

Shiny_Rock
It looks Art Deco 1920-1940 (possibly Art Nouveau 1890–1910) but more likely Art Deco. The chain work is amazing and has a nice patina on it.

beautiful bracelet!

alleykate1

Rough_Rock
Hello I am new to this, that bracelet is gorgeous what a lucky lady. im always trying to find a good deal and quality in jewelry do you shop online a lot and know which is best?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not break it up because only the center diamond is big enough to re-set somehow. I would keep it ONLY if you will wear it and it sounds like it is not in your wife's taste. Frankly it is not my taste either. That being said everyone tastes differ so you may be able to sell it. 14 Karat gold is still worth a lot with today's gold prices and the bracelet mesh link design is pretty. If you want to salvage it for posterity- but wear it- you may think about removing the diamond part from the bracelet and wear it as a pendant lengthwise with a finer chain or keep the whole thing and extend the bracelet with a thinner chain to make it a necklace. When verticle I think it would make a pretty pendant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results