shape
carat
color
clarity

What do I do if I can''t find a flower girl?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Okay... so I am having a kinda hard time and thought I would post this and see if anyone has any ideas. My fiance and I have really small families. He has a nephew that is about 2 years old but we don''t really know him. I have two friends that have little boys (4 and 2 but big and smart) that I am close to. I know the recommended age is three for a ringbearer but we are thinking aobut asking them both. But here is the dilemma.

We don''t know ANY little girls. And by little I mean ages 1 to 16 which I KNOW is too old. Has anyone else been through this or going through this now? What did or are you doing?

If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it!
face23.gif

Thanks!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have to have one? If you don''t have a girl for the position... then just eliminate the position. Sprinkle petals before hand. Or have your BM''s do it. I''m not helping am I?

We have a flower girl but no boy for the ring bearer position... so we''re not having one. I''m not inviting someone to my wedding just so their boy can be my ring bearer...lol.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!
I didn''t know any either, so... we just didn''t use one.
Like everyone says, it''s your wedding.
I do have three young nephews. I included them as "junior users."
We didn''t use a ring bearer either.

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/16/2006 6:05:08 PM
Author: Gypsy
Do you have to have one? If you don''t have a girl for the position... then just eliminate the position. Sprinkle petals before hand. Or have your BM''s do it. I''m not helping am I?

We have a flower girl but no boy for the ring bearer position... so we''re not having one. I''m not inviting someone to my wedding just so their boy can be my ring bearer...lol.
LOL I was going to invite my firends anyway... thinking no children wedding but still not sure.

I guess I could eliminate the position but I really would like to have one. Has anyone ever used a dog? It might sound silly bit I thought I read somewhere on here that someone has done that before. Hmmmm... Now I jsut have to get a dog! LOL
face20.gif

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
our dogs are our ringbearers lol i know ghetto but we love it! and my second cousin is our flower girl,

I was in a wedding that didnt have either one so we the briedesmaids sprinkled flowers and one of the gromsmen held the rings. it worked out great no one really noticed that thetre were no little kids.

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
where do you live you can barrow our dog you have a choce of a mini doxie, chiuahua, or husky lol!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I would just not have one, or the dog idea is cute, IMO, if the site allows it. I don''t think anyone will notice.

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
oh i forgot to add they come complete with tuxes!
tux.jpg

hat optional!

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/16/2006 6:30:57 PM
Author: GarysBride
where do you live you can barrow our dog you have a choce of a mini doxie, chiuahua, or husky lol!
I am in Orlando!!! Where are you? I would abslutely be honored to have one of them at my wedding! I think it''s a cute idea. That is why I thought I would ask about it. And actually... I was going through pics of friend''s weddings jsut now and I forgot that my friend three years ago, had a flower girl and her dog, Sangria. The flower girl walked the dog down the aisle. I don''t think it''s ghetto at all!!! I love it! And I am SERIOUSLY considering getting a dog! I have a little over a year to train her! LOL
36.gif

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
lol well were all the way in sunny san diego although we would love to take a trip to orlando! I would suggest definetly using a dog the flowergirl walking the dog down would be adorable! I would try a shelter dog first they always need homes and there always loving and willing to learn!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
We didn''t have one. My cute little niece was too little, and we didn''t want to just artificially choose someone. We just skipped it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why not have the 2 year old boy do the flower sprinkling? I''m sure he''d love to throw flowers around. The 4 yo could be the ringbearer. If not, you don''t need to have a flower person!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
We have the opposite problem. We have two girls and no boy. We want to have my cousin''s girls be a part of our wedding, even though they are getting older - 6 and 8, since we are closet to them. The younger one will do the flowers and the older one will hold the ring pillow.

You can have the boys do the same, if you''d like...

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
You really don''t HAVE to have one... but if you want to borrow one of mine, it looks like we''re having FOUR (all our little neices!) AND a ringbearer (my nephew) AND a jr. bridesmaid (his neice) plus all our attendants. I''m trying to decide right now if having a jr. bm takes away a bm spot because I have one more person I want to include. I know it doesn''t have to be even, but that''s the way he wants it.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
It''s not a big deal. My flower girl was my youngest girl cousin at age 10. She was a LOT taller than our ring bearer.

Our friend/unofficial wedding coordinator didn''t have a flower girl and just had her dog walk down the aisle as the ring bearer. I think they dressed him in a tux and tied a pillow with the rings on it on its back. It was a pomeranian.

If you try to go exactly like the book, you''ll stress yourself out. And someone will still find the things you did to be weird. Can''t please everyone so if you can''t find a flower girl, just don''t have one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results