what colors are in this dress

• White and gold

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • Black and blue

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I'm going nutso! This is blowing up my Facebook. When I first glanced I saw white and gold and thought "How is this even a question?"

Then the longer I looked it turned into blue and black and now I can't "unsee" the blue! And it's a dark blue too!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sonnyjane|1425002173|3838781 said:
I'm going nutso! This is blowing up my Facebook. When I first glanced I saw white and gold and thought "How is this even a question?"

Then the longer I looked it turned into blue and black and now I can't "unsee" the blue! And it's a dark blue too!
Right!

I get the blue as I feel like the white is turned blue by the poor white balance. I cannot for the life of me see black though.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

uploadfromtaptalk1425002555383.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Umm is this a trick question? DH, the 2 year old, and I all see black and blue.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock

That's what I quoted when I posted this on my FB lol!

So far for my friends, gold & white is winning.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sonnyjane|1425002775|3838791 said:

That's what I quoted when I posted this on my FB lol!

So far for my friends, gold & white is winning.

Its winning on the buzzfeed poll too.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Just saw this-

image-392092814.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only see white and gold.

DNB

Rough_Rock
A lot of my FB friends have posted this. I see blue and black and so do most of my friends, but I don't get why this is all of a sudden going around the internet today.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it's black and blue for me... I asked Mr Mayk to take a look... lavender and grey :-o Honey those were not options....not sure what that says about his vision. :sun:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
And now I see white and gold. After turning off a background light. Weird.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see that the "black" is actually gold, but the rest looks - well, light blue. I wonder if the satin is picking up color from its surroundings, as a diamond might?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sitting in my living room with the lights low its black and blue. Wtf. I feel like I'm loosing my mind lol.

everyone that said blue and black, are you in dim lighting? Try looking st it in a bright room?

I'm going to make my hubby look at it in a bright room. I'll report back haha.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I totally saw white and gold at first. I could maybe see blue and black if I tilted my phone. But was positive it was white and gold. Then I saw the link to the stock dress above and I can't unsee it!!!

I also saw that those who see blue and black are supposedly better at adapting to dim lighting and more sensitive to light

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1425005654|3838829 said:
Sitting in my living room with the lights low its black and blue. Wtf. I feel like I'm loosing my mind lol.

everyone that said blue and black, are you in dim lighting? Try looking st it in a bright room?

Thank you Niel! You are not alone I feel like I'm losing my mind as well. My husband just walked in the room and he sees it as black and blue and looked at me like I have three heads when I said I see it white and gold. We are in the same room, looking at it in the same light.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, it depends on the position of my laptop screen. If the screen is upright, then I see white and gold. I guess that if it is upright, it is facing the light. If I recline the screen into dim lighting, I see blue and black. My hubby only sees white and gold, under both conditions.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1425005654|3838829 said:

I was in a dark room and yes, saw black and blue. I posted a link above explaining how the cones in our eyes are affected.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1425002722|3838790 said:
Umm is this a trick question? DH, the 2 year old, and I all see black and blue.

Exactly what I thought. Black and blue for my self and my VERY colorblind DH.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am walking all over my place and tilting the screen at every possible angle and all I can see is gold and white... does that mean I'm color blind...???

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha. I did the same thing earlier. If you are color blind DeeJay, so am I.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1425009619|3838864 said:
Haha. I did the same thing earlier. If you are color blind DeeJay, so am I.

Seriously, the CB is like, "Um, honey, is there something I should know? Can I *help* you in some way?" I asked him what color the dress is and he refuses to answer. He thinks it's some sort of trick question and he said that no matter what he says he'll be in trouble so he's not playing. HA!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Without looking at FB, or anyone else's response, I seen black trim on a blue dress.

P.S. It's a real cute dress. :D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm with Dee Jay, the light is low and the dress is gold and white for my and DH both at every angle.

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
dim lights blue and black for me white and gold for hubby. I asked him to turn on the lights the same results no difference for either of us, and his question before going to bed was how can you see blue and black when it's white and gold lol it's 12:30 am here niel I think I need some rest lol good night.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue and bronze? But it's not an option! I'd bet money on a pale purpley-blue with bronze coloured stripes.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I was seeing white and gold until I saw sonnjays photo which looks blue and black, then when I scrolled back to the first photo, it's blue a black. Weird!

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
My mom and my kids all see black and blue, and my DH and I see white and gold. I've tried every which way and I only see white and gold.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results