shape
carat
color
clarity

What color diamond in a halo?

Glitteratti

Rough_Rock
What is the lowest color center diamond that I should think about putting in a halo with G diamonds in the halo? I'm considering the Tacori 2620. I'm thinking about a round, 1.50 ct, but may be able to go higher in ct size if I can drop the color, so I'm wondering what would be the lowest acceptable color? Does the basket "block" the color in this particular setting? Also, for inclusions, if they are located in the pavilion, will this setting "block" them due to the basket?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not seeing the pavilion helps a little. And you won't see inclusions through the pavilion either, obviously. I would stick to H or less colorless personally, in a halo. But others put I/J stones in halos all the time and love it. You should go see some rings in person to see what you think.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I'd probably put an I in this kind of a halo but not a J. That's because (1) I generally can't tell the difference between colors 2 grades apart, and (2) I don't see face-up color in an I, but I do see it in a J.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
jstarfireb|1317274229|3028535 said:
I'd probably put an I in this kind of a halo but not a J. That's because (1) I generally can't tell the difference between colors 2 grades apart, and (2) I don't see face-up color in an I, but I do see it in a J.

Me too. With G melee I'd be okay with I. I'd skip J/K/L and then start again at M and down... but going for obvious contrast in those cases.

Tacori does personalize to an extent so you can ask about lower colored melee if it's important to you.

Glitteratti

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your input! I didn't know that Tacori would customize the melee so I might ask about that. I do remember reading that someone on here tried to customize her Tacori and they price they quoted was very, very expensive.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results