shape
carat
color
clarity

What can''t you get done

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
What is the next thing on your to-do list that you just can''t push yourself to do?

Mine is making the envelope list for my calligrapher. I just can''t do it, and I have no idea why. Bleh. Ohh ya, it has to be done by tonight.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
The music selections. I just don''t care that much!! We hired a professional band, they do weddings all the time -- I kind of just want them to play stuff that will keep people dancing and having a good time. But apparently everyone and their mother (or, quite literally, our mothers) thinks we need to choose a first dance song, mother/son and father/daughter songs, a last dance of the night song, a cake cutting song, etc.

I don''t want to choose.
But at the same time, I don''t want all those songs to be the same cheesy songs that you hear at every wedding. So, basically, I lose either way.
3.gif
2.gif

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
Choosing the band. I keep starting and stopping and I''m not getting anywhere. I started the process back in January and have not made one step of progress. Well, that is not true. FI and finally listened to the sample cds from 6 of the bands we thought could work, but we hated them all, so we''re back to square 1. I know I need to email some more bands and talk to the entertainment company to get more ideas, but I don''t want to. I want the band to magically pick itself and show up at the reception. Is that too much to ask?

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 9:24:47 AM
Author: DiamondsforDee
Choosing the band. I keep starting and stopping and I''m not getting anywhere. I started the process back in January and have not made one step of progress. Well, that is not true. FI and finally listened to the sample cds from 6 of the bands we thought could work, but we hated them all, so we''re back to square 1. I know I need to email some more bands and talk to the entertainment company to get more ideas, but I don''t want to. I want the band to magically pick itself and show up at the reception. Is that too much to ask?

I''ll choose your band if you pick my songs!
2.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that D and I nearly have everything done, but it took forever to get our invites out. I sent the last of them today with six weeks to go until the wedding.

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I''m four months out. I CANNOT DECIDE what to do about the ceremony location, and I can''t seem to get myself to meet with and choose an officiant. I think it''s because I''m scared that I won''t be able to have the ceremony I want. I DONT KNOW. The anxiety is just a little crippling I guess. This is the only thing that''s making me crazy in the whole entire shebang.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Putting together our ceremony and readings

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 10:39:00 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Putting together our ceremony and readings
I am so right there with you. Because of all the family drama, I am finding this one particularly hard, esp the walking down the aisle thing...Boo

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty much everything so far. I have these short bursts of wedding energy every now and then and get everything I need for the month done that weekend, and then I procrastinate until the next wave hits me.

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 9:46:14 AM
Author: TheBigT
Date: 5/7/2009 9:24:47 AM

Author: DiamondsforDee

I''ll choose your band if you pick my songs!
2.gif

Deal! I am so not wanting to pick a band I''m going to talk to my parents next weekend and see if I can''t convince them that a dj would be better. I already know which dj company I would hire, hence my plan.
11.gif
Plus the savings from switching from a band to a dj would really increase my dress budget.
31.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Calling officiants. Ugh. I think I''m afraid to find out how much they charge after the one person I talked to quoted me $800!
23.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 10:46:41 AM
Author: kama_s
Pretty much everything so far. I have these short bursts of wedding energy every now and then and get everything I need for the month done that weekend, and then I procrastinate until the next wave hits me.
Ditto on this. Wedding planning isn''t nearly as fun as I was lead to believe.
2.gif

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
Picking FI and my song...

Our real song is Ice Ice Baby
3.gif
, but that''s not really wedding appropriate, so now we''re stuck with picking a random song!

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
order invitations. i''m just so over all the planning & i wish there was a magic wedding fairy to come finish it all for me.

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
16 days out.... and it''s the seating chart!

I hate it! I have some really great tables, then I look at my list and see that I''m only halfway done. I''m making FI help me tonight!

I always thought I would love that part of the wedding, WRONG!!!

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock
Finalizing the guest list for the invites. (Only the definites got save the dates)

I know it''s going to be too large and we will all have to cut it down together, which I strongly suspect may create some tension. I''m also scared to see what the original final number is in the first place before we cut it down to what we need to. I don''t even want to go there.

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 1:34:11 PM
Author: Jen_91909
Finalizing the guest list for the invites. (Only the definites got save the dates)

I know it''s going to be too large and we will all have to cut it down together, which I strongly suspect may create some tension. I''m also scared to see what the original final number is in the first place before we cut it down to what we need to. I don''t even want to go there.
Ours was the same, I wanted to invite no more than 130, and in the end 155 were invited. The (almost) final count is 125. So, it''s where I wanted it to be in the first place!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2009 12:20:58 PM
Author: elrohwen
Date: 5/7/2009 10:46:41 AM

Author: kama_s

Ditto on this. Wedding planning isn''t nearly as fun as I was lead to believe.
2.gif

Word.

For me it is folding paper cranes--which the entire decor of my reception is depending on, so I have to do it. I am about 3% finished right now and 4 months out.
23.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Narrowing down my guest list. I tend to be a people pleaser sometimes, and I can''t stand the fact that someone might be offended if they''re not on the list. But I can''t pay for 500 people either. And I did have a venue selected, but now that''s over. So I have to pick a new one.
20.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah.... good luck with your list!
9.gif

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Favors....

I found the coolest thread in LIW about a blog called "Bakerella," and all the posters were grooving on these really cool little cake-truffle things: like, you bake a cake mix out of the box, cool it off, smash it to crumbs, mix in the frosting, form little balls and dip them in chocolate.

I made a couple of est-batches and used my family as guinea pigs, and it totally flew!

So, I decided to make those as favors. I STILL haven't ordered the boxes, and I only have the ribbon for the boxes, the text for the tags typed into Word, and some cake mix and frosting laying around in the pantry. Wedding is on May 29. I guess I better rustle up some boxes, huh?

...and instead I'm goofing off on PS

41.gif

Oh, yeah...wedding = May 29. Tick freakin' tock, huh?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Figuring out ceremony readings etc & music selections for both ceremony and reception AND losing weight. Ugh. I have gained a lot of weight in the last couple of years related to a medical problem I had and wanted to get it off before the wedding and have had a ton of time to do so. ... I just can''t get motivated to exercise as much as I should be between moving countries and looking for a job and doing other wedding planning stuff ... It''s so easy to get wrapped up and not do it. I''m so disappointed in myself! Must get off my butt.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I can not bring myself to get the address list done to print the labels for my Save the Dates to go out in the mail.

I have no idea why I can''t seem to focus on this task at all. I have tried multiple times to sit and do it and I always end up distracted.

It has to get done. They have to go out. Over half our guest list is OOT but...

*Sigh*

meresal

Ideal_Rock
OM gosh, y''all. I''m so glad I''m not the only one. I started this stupid list for the calligrapher over 4 weeks ago, and just never finished it. I STILL haven''t worked on it today.

I feel like I''ve hit a wall. I was speeding right thru everything and then bam, I haven''t done anything in the last 2 weeks. Heck, I started tanning today, for my bridals on Monday. lol
20.gif

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm... I think readings and reception music. Everyone thinks my taste in music is "boring" so I gave up
20.gif
I''ll do it sometime...

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
My invites, because I can''t for the life of me pick out a paper to do them on!! Who would''ve thought it''d be so hard to find an affordable textured paper
15.gif

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
In general, I am having trouble taking care of me. I was supposed to start microdermabrasion treatments last month and I bought shoes with the money from the first appointment!
7.gif
Then I just haven''t gotten around to doing it this month either (didn''t buy shoes this time)...I also haven''t finished laying out my wedding invitation nor have I bought the stationary yet...just ordered the pocketfolds...nothing else! Ugh!
7.gif

I am three months out and can''t get motivated...I still haven''t had my dress altered either! Eeek!
32.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I''m months out and by most standards, am pretty ahead of the game...
16.gif
(Haha, I didn''t mean that in a snooty way-- I just plan when I have a bit-o-free time from school) I''ve wanted all of the "Big" stuff done-- booking vendors/hotels/invites

Two things I can''t figure out/keep putting off

#1- booking transportation for guests
#2- booking florist
#3- Ordering our centerpieces (can''t commit!)
#4- Figuring out what to do with my dress in terms of alterations/when/where

Patchee

Shiny_Rock
The song list!!!! If figure just play some music DJ - you do this all the time, I don't so why are you asking me what to play????
2.gif

I honestly find no fun in wedding planning!

Oh and the dress ................ I bought two ......... no alterations yet..............sigh................uggg

63 days till I am Mrs.! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results