shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your Pearl Holy Grails?

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I have ticked a couple of pearly holy grails this year - but still have a nice list of desires to play with.

A long strand of Baroque Tahitians, at least 50in

A plain pair of large white south sea hook earrings, maybe like these ones: http://www.kailisjewellery.com.au/en/product/9/trumpet-earrings-small but a bit bigger or maybe these: http://www.paspaley.com/eboutique/dolce-earrings.html

A pair of Tahitian drops for my diamond earrings

A large strand of south sea pearls (12-15mm), baroque but smooth

And am developing a taste for golden south seas even though I hate wearing yellow!!

Am I mad? Do I have a pearl addiction? What's on your Holy Grail List??

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
For the last few years I have checked off all of my must haves from my list. My list started with golden ss strand, a peacock tahitian strand and next was a white ss strand and last but not least was the perfect white drop. I am content and I don't need any more pearls after over 40 strands but I am sure I won't be able to help myself when I see one I don't have. :mrgreen:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Much as I love pearls (and own many) I don't have a Holy Grail or even a want list. At any given moment I am generally contented with my pearl collection.

Instead, I tend to buy when something new, different and unanticipated grabs my eye (like the color shifting drops, or the metallic whites.) So I have to always be saving my money for the next strand.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread!

I've ticked off a few myself but there are plenty more.
My holy grail is probably a 50 inch Tahitian baroque rope.
I also yearn for a strand of wonderful metallics.
I *need* Tahtitian drop necklaces, perhaps next year?
I also want to replace some of my damaged ropes and get a really nice 8.9-9 inch freshadama 50 incher.
I would love love love love love a real strand of Japanese Kasumi's. That is not likely to happen in this lifetime.
Ditto on some amazing light colored South Sea pearls. Golden, but not really saturated.

There are so many, but quite a few are within reach if I have patience. The Tahitian rope, South Sea strand and the Kasumi's are not.

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
I am just starting with pearls... But blue akoyas are my holy grail. Earrings and a solitaire pendant and maybe even a strand (not sure if I'm ready for a strand necklace). Ohhhh man. I would love them so much.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
More Kamokas. I have several pieces, but I lust after more. :))

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1371493851|3467477 said:

I suspect I'm better off remaining in the dark on this one....

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun question. I have just started my pearl collection, so I have a very long wish list! I am hoping to cross off my first wish list item soon, which is a tahitian baroque strand :twirl:

My Holy Grail would be one of Josh's (Kamoka) tahitian strands :naughty:

I would also love:
more Kamoka pieces
strand & earrings from Kojima Pearl
strand & earrings from Catherine Cardellini Pearls
golden baroque South Sea strand & earrings
white baroque South Sea strand & earrings
black akoya rope & earrings
lavender Freshadama rope & earrings
Hanadama Natural White strand to go w/my studs

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So interesting to read all of the lists. Mine's rather short.

I'd like to have Nancy Pelosi's pearls. Not just the famous multicolor strand, but the white and the golden SS ones.

Some of Mikimoto's more unusual designs like the multicolor tincup and lariat necklaces.

miki_double_1.jpg

mikimoto_lariat1.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl! I love your collection! So great that you have ticked so many things off your list!

pearlsngems, I think that would be a dangerous situation for me! Much safer if I have a list....

mrs taylor, your list sounds like mine - long and comprehensive!

Agneau, I think I am going to have to investigate blue Akoyas now!

Fly Girl - you are horrible for sending me to Google on that one. Now THIS is going on my HG list: http://buy.kamokapearls.com/products/pearl-harvest-rope

LitGeek - great list!!

baby monster - I want Nancy's pearls too... I wonder if she would share?

jenncent

Shiny_Rock
Trade
hmmm, there are still 2 biggies on my list! A long Tahitian baroque rope an a 25"-30" 12mm approx golden SS necklace. Both with some sort of earrings to go with. :)

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
Fly Girl|1371493851|3467477 said:

Here, here! I have just one Kamoka and two Sea of Cortez, but my holy grail would be a full strand of Kamokas and a bracelet of SoC, NS grade. Oh, swoon and ;(

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Well, that pearl harvest strand of kamokas just made the list.
I'd also like:
A long rope of baroque Tahitians.
A long rope of white metallics.
A strand of blue akoyas.
A triple strand of metallic multicoloureds.
A strand of baroque goldens.
A tin cup of AAA goldens.
A beautiful large drop pendant and earrings.
A gigantic white SS pearl for a haloed brooch.
A gorgeous rainbowy Sea of Cortez pearl.
A big bright pink conch pearl.
A melo pearl.
A natural pearl.
A paua pearl necklace, like this:

That should do the trick. ;-)

_7332.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Would die for a sea of cortez strand... alas I own none thus far, but I will :appl:

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Icekid, Did you know there are only around 100 strands (full necklaces) of Sea of Cortez pearls in the world, they are so rare? :love: :love: :love:

Re:Kamoka Pearls Harvest Strand, I've seen this in person, and it is oh so magnificent! :love: :love: :love:

Truly great pearls on everyone's lists!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Pattye|1371791214|3469822 said:
Icekid, Did you know there are only around 100 strands (full necklaces) of Sea of Cortez pearls in the world, they are so rare? :love: :love: :love:

FYI two of the hundred strands are owned by two posters on this forum. (it is not me)

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1371793389|3469832 said:

FYI two of the hundred strands are owned by two posters on this forum. (it is not me)

ACK! Are there photos?! I must see!

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
mrs. taylor|1371813608|3469884 said:

Well OK, I confess to having 2 S of C strands plus a set of mabes equally gorgeous, and yes, as 4Ranch girl said, there are one or two other forum members who own strands. I will have to take some new photos.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Pattye, yes, pictures please!!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Pattye|1371847747|3470171 said:
mrs. taylor|1371813608|3469884 said:

Well OK, I confess to having 2 S of C strands plus a set of mabes equally gorgeous, and yes, as 4Ranch girl said, there are one or two other forum members who own strands. I will have to take some new photos.
Oh Pattye :wavey: I am so glad you fessed up. :naughty: I was not going to out you except to say.... isn't one of your strands a rope that I saw? By the way your strand is TDF every thing you could want in a Sea of Cortez strand. :mrgreen:

icekid

Ideal_Rock

Re:Kamoka Pearls Harvest Strand, I've seen this in person, and it is oh so magnificent! :love: :love: :love:

I sincerely doubt I will ever be lucky enough to have a sea of cortez strand.. ;( but a pair of fabulous earrings is definitely on my short list.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness Pattye!! Please show us your SoC strands!!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Pattye you are one lucky lady! Looking forward to drooling over your photos :wavey:

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Oh, Pattye, please show us your strands! Could you show mabe too?

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thank you Everyone~your wish is my command, pics over on "show me your pearls."

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Pattye, I have some photos of them and another pendant of yours, a abalone, it's huge and beautiful. Can I post it here?

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Of course, NL, thank you so much, that would be lovely of you!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning Pattye!! I am totally in love with your strands. They are heavenly!

Now I have become obsessed with Sea of Cortez pearls. I am watching a pair on ebay for another earring project but I am bummed that they are fully drilled. The earring design I have would require them to be just half drilled and, well, there is no going back from fully drilled, now is there?

I have emailed the seller to ask them if they ever get non-drilled SoC pearls in stock. Fingers crossed!!

This is the design I am thinking of:

paspaleyearrings.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
OK Pattye, I am adding your the photos of your pearls I took at the Ruckus to I thought I would share.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results