shape
carat
color
clarity

What are your favorite sounds?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just now as we are having coffee in bed with the kitties listening to the sound of the ocean waves through our open bedroom terrace door my dh turned to me and said these are 2 of his favorite sounds. Kitties purring and ocean waves. I agree. These are 2 of my favorite sounds as well.

-Kitty purring sounds like a low motor. Gentle but strong and deliberate. So wonderful a sound. Or as HRH likes to call it low growling. :lol:
-Ocean waves lapping the shore. Peaceful and relaxing and energizing at the same time.

To answer this question for our kitties it would have to be birds tweeting above as this drives the cats wild with excitement lol. And they also love the ocean waves and can watch them for hours at a time.

What are you favorite sounds?

sounds.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Ocean just love it

The rustling of leaves on a calm, slightly windy day, just love it too!

My favorite sound is hearing my infant granddaughter cooing, it's heaven.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ocean
purrs
soft rain
gentle breeze
babbling brook
insect hum

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The deep throaty vroooooooooom of my car right when I start him up!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the above, but in particular the sound of the ocean.

Also the sound of the rain. Our dining room has a huge glass lantern roof, and just now I was in there lying on the sofa whilst talking to my mother on the phone, and the sound is amazing & almost sent me to sleep! The bedroom windows are already open as i’m off to bed shortly, and if the ocean isn’t nearby, the rain hitting the glass is the next best thing :cool2:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this comic strip as a kid, and ever since I have loved the crunch of dried leaves as you walk through them.

1996-10-06.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread idea Missy.

I totally agree with Dee Jay on the throaty vroom when starting her car. I may or may not :D rev my car up frequently to enhance that throaty sound.

A large plane or jet, I go see what is flying by.

I am also with you Missy on listening to ocean waves, very peaceful and relaxing.

As many of you mentioned listening to rain.

Being in Wyoming I enjoy not hearing the wind blowing but that’s a rarity. :lol:

Marcy.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favourite sounds are musical. My favourite instruments are Cello, oboe, Bassoon and pipe Organ (as in those found in huge Cathedrals).
My favourite nature sounds are rain on a tin roof, a cats purr, a magpies call and of course, a baby laughing.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Waves crashing on rocks.
Rain patter on a metal roof.
Sitting on my back deck listening to all the different bird calls.
The rustle of wind blowing through dry fall leaves in the trees.
And , oddly, my neighbors 1 year old bloodhound barking: a deep baratone bark. I actually smile when I hear him!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bat my Sphynx talking to me he has a high pitched squeaky little cat voice.
My son
My 97 year old grandmother on the rare occasions I get to talk to her
The rumble of a F111 flying low....your whole body vibrates with the noise these type of jets make.
You can't beat the sound of some of the old war birds (planes) at air shows either, same experience they are so loud they make your whole body resonate.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
my kids' laughter
my cat's purring (when she is hungry and I'm about to feed her or when she is excited to see me, or the sound she makes when I pick her up to hold her)
rain
thunder in the distance
a beautiful song

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ocean waves
Rain on the roof
Babbling brook/stream
Kids playing in the backyard
Hummingbirds
Cardinal's chirp, mockingbird's calls
The wind rustling the leaves in spring and fall
Windchimes
Peepers in the spring

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great sounds everyone. And oh yes to the rain. I love the sound of rain on a metal roof and on a skylight. So relaxing.

Not so relaxing when thunder and lightning accompany the rain and cause a power outage. Clap of lightning just now and lost power (thank goodness for generators).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Haven't thought of this...

I'd say - water in most landscapes, & as rain & storms too, perhaps with the exception of closed spaces - caves, pipes, reservoirs, wells.

... speaking of water-sounds: Granada contains a huge collection of beautiful artesian fountains - the ones indoors traditionally designed to be perfectly quiet, or very nearly so - the intended sounds of famous ones are described as 'rain'-like in classical poetry (some engraved on said fountains) & this really is how they are. It could not have been easy to make them sound like rain!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@missy they should add " Rain On A Metal Roof" to those bedside sound machines. .. your video was making me sleepy!

Reactions: AV_

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i could write a life time of car sounds ....
we have this NZ song bitd called a tui and they are a mimic
the one in our garden sings the little tune the drier makes when it finishes. i woke up to that this morning
also the Australian magpies who live on farmland up the road - i love their warble
the starlings who sleep in the trees in Wellington's main streets- their gosssiping in deafning but they make my heart sing
once very early on a saturday morning i was the only one an early train into work and a pigeon kooed and the acoustics of the railway station are beautiful and it was how i imangine angle song to be

the sound of a gentle sea lapping on a gravel beach
our cat and all her funny little noises - she doesn't say meows she says buuuuuurp
the sound of the rain on our iron roof

this is weird - thst first day when you hear a lawn mower way off in the distance on the way home from work because the days then are longer and warmer

but the best soumd in the entire world is the intro from Prove it all night 1978 Winterland arena, Bruce Springsteen on the darkness tour:kiss2: ... i could go on but i already have a Bruce Springsteen forum ;)2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the sound of rain when I’m snuggled in bed.
I especially like the sound of rain on the skylight and a metal roof..
I love the rustle of leaves on a cold and windy fall day.
I love the sound of the ocean but I only get to hear it occasionally..Thank you @missy for sharing the ocean with us.. :kiss2:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rain on a tin roof, rain outside in the bush, rain... pretty much anywhere.... I sleep with a rain app on!
As a child growing up in the drought, I swear there is no sweeter sound than rain. :kiss2:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The sound of water lapping against the hull and drone of the motor(s) when trolling for Marlin are a couple things I've always found to be soothing. But I also love the sound of a Shimano Tiagra reel drag screaming when a Marlin has smashed one of our lures. Actually any reel drag screaming is good, except for the old Penn International 2 reels. Those are like nails on a chalkboard to me.

I also love the sound of my Warwick 4 string bass guitar when it has fresh strings on it. Played hard with my amp turned up it is quite a different sound to what most people think of when it comes to bass guitars.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My daughter laughing, or trying to imitate us.

I would say rain falling. But I think I like the smell and the cool change. If the sound stopped I am not sure I would care so much.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love hearing birds sing. Makes me feel like all is well in the world (whether it is or not).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Popping of a champagne cork!:appl:
And of course sound of waves/water, birds chirping, kitties purring, laughter and clapping.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results