shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you giving your SO?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Small or large, it's the love that counts.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He already has his 26" PC monitor and Espresso coffee machine (that''s why I have my orange sapphire jewelry already
9.gif
). I bought him a new game for the PC, a clip on light for his Kindle, a desk clock, a Dilbert calendar and assorted stocking stuffers.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
In stark contrast to last year''s one big present (Columbia Leather Jacket with zip-out fleece) with a few stocking stuffers, this year A is getting lots of smaller presents. Wrapped under our tree right now:

~2 books by Alton Brown (his favorite Food Network chef)
~12" cast iron skillet
~Pair of 6.5" cast iron skillets
~Night at the Museum 2 on DVD (along with the bonus Monkey DVD)
~Reno 911 on DVD (which came with a copy of Super Troopers, but he already has that...)
~New slippers

In his stocking:
~A new pairing knife: it''s green!
~Handle covers for the cast iron
~Lots of yummy chocolate

I decided to scrap his last present, at least for now. I''ll be taking him to a B&B for the night sometime this winter...just not right after the biggest December snowstorm in Metro DC history!
3.gif
The B&B has already told me I can rebook any time until the end of March without losing my payment!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.lewfrenchstone.com/ This book...SO has done masonry in Italy as well as here in the states; he built a beautiful stone and brick fireplace in his backyard and his work is visible all around the town he lives in. I thought he would appreciate this book. He also LOVES his coffee table and it could use a book to keep it company.

He expressed once an interest in wearing an apron in the kitchen, so I got him a masculine blue twill one, and some chlorox-infused dishtowels because currently he only has two. Everyone needs more than two!!!
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vc -- my husband loves Alton Brown too. He watches his show all the time!

We don''t exchange gifts (if we go away or pick something special to do/go to, that''s usually our gift to each other every year). We did just get new living and dining room furniture, so that''s our gift this year.

I did make a special dinner tonight, so that could count, too, right?

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
A new Wii game and an obvious joke to go along with the fancy brass door knockers I picked out in Italy.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Rock Band Beatles, and an alarm clock with a helicopter blade that flies away when it goes off. You have to find the propeller and plug it back into the clock to get it to go off. It''s the perfect present since he CANNOT get up in the morning.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2009 12:10:41 AM
Author: redfaerythinker
Rock Band Beatles, and an alarm clock with a helicopter blade that flies away when it goes off. You have to find the propeller and plug it back into the clock to get it to go off. It''s the perfect present since he CANNOT get up in the morning.

hahaha that alarm clock would be PERFECT for my brother! He used to have 3 of them in various places not near the bed so he''d have to get up. Mom finally found one for him that sounds like a tornado alarm. Where''d you get it?

JD''s got a robe so far, that he picked out, and some massager thing he got for his feet we stuck in his stocking. We''ve been busy, so I guess our presents come from the after holiday sales. We didn''t plan well this year!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought my husband a great work type bag, a new belt and a shirt. He didn''t really want anything this year so they''re all surprises. But I know his taste really well so I know he''ll love it all! I''m not trying to brag but I''m SO GOOD at picking out gifts for him!
9.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
My LOVE.
9.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
IRobot.

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
I love shopping for my hubby!! He's so fun to shop for
9.gif

I got him a subscription to WaxPoetics (he'd never splurge for himself)
A back issue of Grand Royal Magazine (out of print) which features an awesome pullout poster of "Turntable, a Visual History"
he will really love it as he is a complete vinyl nut
A gift card to Peet's Coffee
Assorted stocking stuffers and a few other doo dats.

Happy Holidays!!
10.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another chance. Merry Christmas, PS!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blue Ray player, bag of coffee and a new coffee travel mug

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my CC bills.

ndpwood

Rough_Rock
I miss Peet''s!!!!! Could really use a cappuccino from them about now!

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
no trouble! priceless
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Well, I helped fund the tube amp he picked out/found for himself, and I also got him some nice pants from a company he really likes.
1.gif

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
We ended up buying each other Wii games. I bought him this zombie, shooter type game and he bought me the new Super Mario Brothers!
9.gif
We should have bought a second wii and tv too
3.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
We had decided on keeping spending to a minimum this year, so I gifted him with two full days of a Betty Crocker Christmas. I have cooked and baked and roasted and mashed and frosted and mixed up one festive meal after another! Merry Christmas to all!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2009 12:02:44 PM
Author: Upgradable
We had decided on keeping spending to a minimum this year, so I gifted him with two full days of a Betty Crocker Christmas. I have cooked and baked and roasted and mashed and frosted and mixed up one festive meal after another! Merry Christmas to all!
I love this! This sounds like it will make for far more memories than a bag full of gifts!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It''s my daughter who coined the term Betty Crocker Christmas!
9.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
I gave him a water-resistent, fleece-lined Northface jacket. Literally the only jacket/coat he would agree to wear on a regular basis. Thank goodness he''s finally going to be warm and dry!
16.gif

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/26/2009 11:30:00 AM
Author: exoticisabella
We ended up buying each other Wii games. I bought him this zombie, shooter type game and he bought me the new Super Mario Brothers!
9.gif
We should have bought a second wii and tv too
3.gif

What kind of zombie shooting game? We have RE4. Love it! Waiting for RE5. Will they ever get that done for Wii?

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/24/2009 5:12:11 PM
Author:kenny
Small or large, it''s the love that counts.

Kenny, Please tell us about your SO''s reaction to the Octivia.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
we won't be back home until after the new year, but he is probably getting this...

iDesign Tower from Brookstone

I never know a good time to exchange gifts, because we left each other before the holidays, and we will meet up for New Year's, but in another state... so unless you have a small gift, it's impractical to travel with it... *sigh*

I hope he likes it. I wanted to get him something nice this X-mas, he is so wonderful and really deserves something nice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results