shape
carat
color
clarity

What are the differences between Takara and D.Nea?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ph0ust

Rough_Rock
hi. i am looking at getting a manufactured yellow diamond for my fiancee. i am looking for something around 1.1+ carats, round cut that will go into something like a (pave) halo setting. i have found two stones that i am looking at, one from takara and one from d.nea.

takara info: 1.25ct, vs1, fancy vivid yellow, $4500 (takara diamond)

d.nea info: 1.1ct, vs2, fancy vivid yellow, $4950 (d.nea diamond)

the d.nea is more expensive and smaller and lesser clarity (vs2), but it comes with a warranty from d.nea that allows you to trade up or they will buy it back at 70% of its current market value.

the takara is less expensive, larger and better clarity (vs1), but has no such warranty (at least not one that is listed).

lastly, the d.nea diamond has "cross fluorescence". i haven''t been able to find any information on that type of fluorescence, and was wondering if it is anything i should be concerned with.

FINALLY.... my question is regarding the difference between these two diamonds and their manufacturers. what is the main difference between takara and d.nea? i feel like the d.nea warranty makes it a bit more appealing, but i am not sure why it costs more. any recommendations would really be appreciated.

any and all input regarding your thoughts and experiences with these makers would be great. thanks!

EEFranklin

Shiny_Rock
Trade
ph0ust,

I''m glad to see your interest in lab diamonds.

As you mentioned, we do offer the lifetime trade-up and buy-back as well as a 30-day return period so when you receive the diamond, if you don''t like anything about it, you can always send it back.

Though I cannot speak about Takara''s pricing, I do believe our pricing is quite fair for what you are receiving. Ours is certified by EGL, and they have been grading lab diamonds since around 2004-2005. The photo you see on our site is that actual diamond, and (at least on my monitor) is a good representation of the "in-person" color. I can also take more pictures if that will help.

For the ring, we carry the Ritani line of jewelry, and their Endless Love would be an excellent choice. You can see many threads about that ring on PS.

Cross fluorescence is only visible under UV radiation. The cross shape comes from the different growth sectors of the diamond, and should not be a concern. It is briefly mentioned in an article on Diamonds.net (third paragraph of the HPHT section).

Our diamonds are grown one at a time using the HPHT process. They are cut in Antwerp, Belgium, then graded at EGL Vancouver. I believe Takara also uses HPHT, though I am not familiar the the specifics of their processes. There are other threads that go into the details of the HPHT process, but I will gladly answer any other questions you may have.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results