shape
carat
color
clarity

What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I have been following a 1400 calorie a day diet (tracking on the daily plate) and working out for about an hour a day for two weeks and have not lost any weight! Mind you I take one day off of exercising and one semi-free day on the diet a week. This day would probably include some wine
31.gif

I don't know what is going on but I should be losing 2+lbs a week!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Akmiss. Have you figured out how many calories you should eat based on what you want to lose and how much exercise you do? Sparkpeople.com can do that for you. You may not be eating quite enough calories. Sometimes you might not drop weight right away then you''ll drop a lot in a short time. Everyone loses differently. Good luck.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto Marcy, you might want to experiment with you caloric intake, try 100 cals/day more and see where it gets you. I also wanted to comment that two weeks is not a lot of time. Weight loss is cumulative and sometimes it take a little while before things really start moving. I''m willing to bet one day you''ll weigh yourself to discover you''re down a bunch. Also, try upping your water intake. People don''t realize how much it helps in weight loss. Not only does it stave off hunger and keep you hydrated, it flushes out the toxins produce from burning fat.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I''d read labels for fructose or other sugar additives. If your 1400 calories is coming from more processed meals like ready to eat lunches and 100 calorie snack packs, I''d make a change to more raw foods.

Also, I''d figure out your BMR for the weight you''d like to be and eat for that. In the end you''ll know what to be accustomed to eating when it comes time to maintain.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks guys. I calculated my BMR @ about 1800 calories a day (but the Daily plate calls for 2000?!) I am probably eating closer to 1800 but subtract some for the exercise. I usually jog/walk on the treadmill for 4 miles three times a week and Jillian Michaels boost metabolism DVD three times a week. I started the second week in January and lost about 8 pounds in three weeks and then nothing for the past two weeks. I am a fairly clean eater and tend to stay away from processed foods too. I may boost my calorie intake up a little and see how it goes.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''m guessing that you may be counting your calories burned as higher than they actually are.

And also, weightloss can plateau for no reason. Sometimes it fixes itself after a few weeks, but other times you need to make a change to your diet and/or exercise to get it moving again.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Obvious possibilities:

-- you''ve hit a plateau (especially if you''ve been doing this for a while). Keep going. Eventually it''ll break through. Your body can''t deny the laws of physics.

-- you''re under-counting the calories that you''re actually eating (this is very very common).

-- you''re over-counting the calories burned (also pretty common, especially if you go by gym machine readouts, which tend to exaggerate on the order of 150% to 400%(!) of your actual burn).

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Oh, you''ve already lost 8 pounds? That changes my answer. Just keep doin what you''re doin. Eat natural food. Get up and move everyday - you don''t have to overdo it. Eat between 1400 - 1800 daily.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Your doing everything right...sometimes the scale sticks but then in a couple more weeks it will fall off again. Take measurements it''s more motivating than weight. Your weight might not budge for a couple weeks but you may be losing inches.

Also you could increase intensity, do run/walks or intervals on the elliptical. Always change your workout, sometimes your body just gets used to its routine.

Cj

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
thanks everyone, I am just trying not to get discouraged.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I typically don''t start losing weight until 6 or 7 weeks after I start a new diet and/or exercise program. Keep at it--if you''ve changed your diet and your exercise, it will make a difference.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
akmiss, I do the shred video, and I only burn around 120-180 calories during those workouts... which can be wiped clean by ONE tall glass of OJ. Plus wogging burns about 100 calories on average a mile. I say on average, because it doesn''t actually work out that way - I have personally found. Walking only burns about 80 calories a mile, and running about 110, but when I do sprint work I''ll get an extra couple calories that way.

They''ve done studies and found that people actually will eat more when working out, and end up swallowing calories burned plus some.. so my only advice is if you aren''t measuring your food, start, and see if that helps... also mixing up the routine can be VERY beneficial for stubborn poundage.

Best wishes!
35.gif

joxxxelyn

Shiny_Rock
You''ll be fine. Another possible explanation is that you''re building muscle. That will negate the loss of fat on the scale, but fat is still being burned. A surefire indicator of this is losing inches but not losing pounds. Pay close attention to your measurements and how the clothes fit for a more accurate gauge.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results