shape
carat
color
clarity

What accent colors work with tiffany blue?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I'm considering painting my bedroom a Tiffany blue color wash...the tiffany blue with a darker glazed color washed over it so it is subtly textured--the end result being kind of a light-medium teal. I like the color, but I'm having trouble coming up with accent colors for my room. I think I would paint the trim white & the bedding would be white (but I can change that too). So, I need curtain/pillow accent colors.

My biggest concern is that the room would look too "cold" in my northern Indiana winters...which seem to last for about 6 months of the year. My room faces north-east so it's not exactly sunny except in the mornings.

I'm willing to switch out accessories/curtains/pillows with the seasons so 2 color schemes would work.

Any ideas?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
what about a taupe color? something like this pic attached?

orange could be fun and unexpected.

prod1082003_mn.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
How about yellow? Maybe try different shades of it.

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
It looks FAB with chocolate brown!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
for a warmer option, I love a deep chocolate brown with tiffany blue.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Or this is part of a page from Sherwin Williams! I like the orange
3.gif

1tiffblueaccent.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe that''s all way too much color for little ole scared color me!!

but i do absolutely love chocolate browns and taupes with blues, they are soooo beautiful and very classy. i also think doing something like cream instead of a stark white for the trim and all that would be more complimentary if you do not want the room to look cold. Kind of like how those pillows look (are those from RH or WS Home? They look familiar!) with the blues, creams and taupes. Love that combo.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Sunkist...You found the color I was considering...it''s on the 2nd group...the 4th on down...kind of medium blue-green.

I agree that chocolate brown works, but I have hardwood floors (darker brown) and brown furniture already so I really don''t want to add chocolate brown curtains & pillows etc. My bedroom furniture is 1930s waterfall style...I have a dressing table with a big round mirror on it, an armoire & a desk that I use as a nightstand plus a stool for the dressing table and a covered filing cabinet on hubby''s side of the bed (by wall) for him to use as a nightstand. For the bed, I was going to make a padded headboard. The room is small....probably 9 feet by 13 feet with 3 windows.

I think the idea of painting the trim a cream would help warm things up.

Orange is an interesting option for a pillow or 2...can''t really imagine curtains in orange, but the curtains could be taupe or something more neutral...

You guys always have such great ideas.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ID I love that 4th down color on the 2nd. I was hoping it was more like that than the first blue posted which is too stark for me. Too tropical looking.

I really like the yellow/tan/buff they have right under the blue you are considering and also that green looks flattering as well. The tan would warm it up but the green would cool it down. Maybe something in a soft orange, not a bright one, would be a nice fit for the summer, aka pillows or sheer linen drapes or something...very soft orange, not a bright one. I thnk that would be fab with that blue and something like that buff/yellow right under it. And cream trim definitely. Yum!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh, i was think orange for only some accents in the room, definitely not curtains... i don''t think the tiff blue and white will be too cold. i think instead it will look beachy.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
jcrow--you actually hit on my original reason for considering the teal-blue....I wanted to use all my Petit St Vincent honeymoon pictures as "art" and thought they would look nice with those colors. My bedroom is light lavender right now and the tropical pictures just look wrong.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
My mom chose a very similar color for her bedroom and she is having cream/light sand colored sheers (with white woodwork and trim) and dark taupe pillows. Her comforter is like the first pic JCrow posted. It is so pretty in person. She is having some vases of flowers with orchids, so it sounds like a similar theme to what you want.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that color, I just ordered stationery with that shade of paper and chocolate brown lettering.

I personally love it with a cream or sand color and a chocolate brown/copper tone. It is unusual and rich at the same time, those three tones together are stunning in mho...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Fun! Definitely brown or taupe..love it! Going to look fab!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
orange-
I love the color scheme with the blue, browns & taupes.

Then punch it up with an orange vase, or lamp or pillow.
frisky!

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I love your ideas!! They all sound great. As for another suggestion, I think if you go tiffany blue, chocolate, and have lime green accents, it''ll be very spa-like and refreshing. I think if you forego the lime and do go with orange, it''ll be tricky but do-able. I think it''ll need to be a true orange and not slighted towards yellow for it to work.
Something like this for your accent pillow? (from Pier One)

p02106576_500_500.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if you have a Pier One near you but I noticed they ran a big glossy adversement in last week''s Sunday paper. Lotsa great color combos using Tiffany blue - with the dark brown, taupe, orange, lime green- really fun stuff! Go take a look at their displays for inspiration!

http://www.pier1.com/default.aspx

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 3:45:52 PM
Author: IslandDreams
jcrow--you actually hit on my original reason for considering the teal-blue....I wanted to use all my Petit St Vincent honeymoon pictures as ''art'' and thought they would look nice with those colors. My bedroom is light lavender right now and the tropical pictures just look wrong.

hum- is there a color you could pick out of the photos for you accent color?

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I found a picture that has the color scheme I like in a magazine. It''s hanging on my bedroom wall for inspiration now. I''m going to see if I can find someone to scan it for me so I can post it here. Even the furniture in it is very similar to mine. The walls are a greenish-teal wash (it looks soft) & the accent color is a yellowish green. Floor is medium hardwood which I can do. The sheets on the bed are actually a pale lavender which really surprised me but it looks nice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results