shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

what about this ebay ring....????

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by shoemortgage1979, May 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoemortgage1979
    Rough_Rock

by shoemortgage1979 » May 26, 2005
    Can I have an opinion on this item on ebay?? Item no. is 2690583046...(it''s a diamond marquise ring). Is this a good price? Is this good quality? Can this be trusted?? Any thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated!!![​IMG][​IMG]

2. mrssalvo
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by mrssalvo » May 26, 2005
    Here''s the ebay link

[​IMG]

I personally would not feel comfortabe buying expensive jewelery on ebay. For the amount you would spend on the ebay ring why not use it to buy a good stone from a PS vendor.

3. mrssalvo
    Super_Ideal_Rock

If the cert is accurate it's a SI 2 which may or may not be eyeclean and with only a 7 day return policy it doesn't give you much time to have it checked out by an indepentant appraiser.

Here's one from whiteflash that is $2103 with the Pricescope discount. This would leave you $1000 for the setting based on the price of the ebay one.

here's another one from WF that would be $3050 with the discount leaving you some for a WG setting.

4. belle
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by belle » May 26, 2005
    ebay is definitely not worth the risk[​IMG]

5. diamondsbylauren
    Brilliant_Rock

by diamondsbylauren » May 26, 2005
    YOu guys probably know that I am going to say that it IS OK to buy high end items on eBay if you know the seller and are comfortable with the policies.
    After all- we sell millions of dollars of diamonds every year on eBay.

Still, I see a lot of bogus offerings on eBay-
    Here''s a few warning signs:

1) The diamond is referred to as "Certified"- although it does not have GIA report
    2) Looking thru the sellers listings, it is clear that they are using stock photos- every prinncess cut uses the same photo- which means you can''t be sure the ring in the photo is the one you''ll get.

Misrepresentation thru photos or word is a big Red Flag

6. mrssalvo
    Super_Ideal_Rock

oh yes David, you guys and SignedPieces would be the only ones I would be ok with but If I was purchasing from either of you I would still contact you directly and skip Ebay for such a high dollar purchase. But that''s just me[​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.