shape
carat
color
clarity

What about this Asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

macizumi01

Rough_Rock

I think I have found the Asscher I’m going to give my girlfriend and I wanted to know what everyone thinks of it. Here are the stats

Carat Weight: 0.90ct
Color: G
Clarity: VVS1
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 4.19%
Width: 5.31mm
Length: 5.34mm
Depth: 3.67mm
Table Percentage: 59.46%
Depth Percentage: 69.01%
Crown Depth: 16.01%
Pavilion Depth: 48.33%

Thanks for all the responses in advance. I also can get pic''s and video of the stone, it looks really good. I’m planning on putting it into a Plat setting but can’t decide on Pave set stones or Tiffany style setting.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi mac,

I''m not an Asscher expert, but I can tell you that the ones who are, that will hopefully check in soon, will definitely want as much visual info as you can get. Numbers are good to have, but these really need to be seen. So any pics (IS, ASET, regular) would be very helpful, and a video would be great!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2008 10:06:17 AM
Author: Ellen
Hi mac,

I''m not an Asscher expert, but I can tell you that the ones who are, that will hopefully check in soon, will definitely want as much visual info as you can get. Numbers are good to have, but these really need to be seen. So any pics (IS, ASET, regular) would be very helpful, and a video would be great!
Ditto everything El said and welcome!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great!
emthup.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
pass on this one the center light return is way too weak.

passonthisone.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
as you can see here the center is leaking

passonthisone2.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
shows up here 2...

passonthisone3.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
hi strm... this is an excellent example why a reflector image *nor photography in a controlled lit environment* can not be completely relied upon when it comes to assessing Asscher's (and other many other fancies). I know you are seeing the white in the center of the IS image and thinking this would perhaps have the same effect of a large culet in a round. I can tell ya, it's not the case in this diamond.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I just watched the video linked on the GOG page, and I think it looks nice! I like its pattern a lot, though I am no expert, just what my eyes like.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 2:11:32 PM
Author: Rhino
hi strm... this is an excellent example why a reflector image *nor photography in a controlled lit environment* can not be completely relied upon when it comes to assessing Asscher''s (and other many other fancies). I know you are seeing the white in the center of the IS image and thinking this would perhaps have the same effect of a large culet in a round. I can tell ya, it''s not the case in this diamond.
heyas
the vid shows that the images make it look worse than it is but its there and enough that in my opinion there are better options out there.
Touching the light gray background is actualy helping it in the vid.
its right on the edge and in some lighting will go over it.
The black hole look is not optimal for asschers.

This one would be interesting with a ruby mounted under it :}

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is how the background effects this one...
black showing it at its worse...

darkbackground1.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
gray as seen in the vid...
notice how the grey makes it look better....

graybackground1.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why tweezer shots can be deceptive with asschers...

whitebackground1.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
This shows why, the bottom pavilion facet (at the top in the picture) is at ~21 degrees.
Anthing less than around 25 degrees is going to leak with major leakage kicking in around 22 degrees.

The cutter went for weight and ran out of stone to put the proper angle on the bottom step.
The first pavilion step is at 57 degrees if it had been cut at around 55 the rest of the facets would line up at better angles but it would weigh less.

showswhythisstonedoesthat.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
DC light return stereo...
Showing that the entire crown overall is pretty bright but the table area is dull.

lightreturnstereo1.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
same results from a kicken wide step.
This in from that .72 you sold that that I loved and use as a sample image...

goodreturnstereo.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
More good examples why technology will never replace human vision when it comes to assessing beauty in certain cuts of diamonds. You know I respect your opinion strm, but I can't tell you how many times I've seen Asscher's where technology suggests one thing and human vision totally defies it.

strm... when i'm on my other computer I can show you graphics comparing ASET's, IS's, and DC results and how these correllate to human vision that would *stun* you. If you're ever in NY I could show you live and I'm not talking under only one lighting environment.

I know you have the best interest of the consumer in mind but believe me when I tell you ... as humans we do not live in the vacuum of the controlled lighting of ASET's, IS's, etc. I advocate the information that can be attained from technology and utilize many of them but I can tell you ... a better reflector image does not always equal a more beautiful diamond with these. If you're ever in this area I'd love to demonstrate for ya.

Peace,

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 7:47:57 PM
Author: Rhino
More good examples why technology will never replace human vision when it comes to assessing beauty in certain cuts of diamonds. You know I respect your opinion strm, but I can''t tell you how many times I''ve seen Asscher''s where technology suggests one thing and human vision totally defies it.

strm... when i''m on my other computer I can show you graphics comparing ASET''s, IS''s, and DC results and how these correllate to human vision that would *stun* you. If you''re ever in NY I could show you live and I''m not talking under only one lighting environment.

I know you have the best interest of the consumer in mind but believe me when I tell you ... as humans we do not live in the vacuum of the controlled lighting of ASET''s, IS''s, etc. I advocate the information that can be attained from technology and utilize many of them but I can tell you ... a better reflector image does not always equal a more beautiful diamond with these. If you''re ever in this area I''d love to demonstrate for ya.

Peace,
howdy
I agree with you 100% that technology can be deceptive when it comes too asschers.
I will also agree that a better aset image or AGS score does not always mean a better asscher.
We agree 100% on that.
When everything I''m seeing points in one direction then I have to go with what I am seeing and say proceed with caution however.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results