shape
carat
color
clarity

What’s your current thing…other than jewelry?

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I've had a nagging foot injury (nothing major) but have been thinking about diverting some of the bling fund and getting a rowing machine for my house. I enjoy using the rower at the gym for cross training and I think i'd get my "cost per use" out of one at home- plus you can work out sitting down and watching TV :lol:

Does anyone have one? I was thinking something like this: https://peoplesfitnessadvisor.com/mr-captain-water-rowing-machine/ because it's not hideous and can be stored upright (I have a mostly empty utility closet I could use to store it).

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had a nagging foot injury (nothing major) but have been thinking about diverting some of the bling fund and getting a rowing machine for my house. I enjoy using the rower at the gym for cross training and I think i'd get my "cost per use" out of one at home- plus you can work out sitting down and watching TV :lol:

Does anyone have one? I was thinking something like this: https://peoplesfitnessadvisor.com/mr-captain-water-rowing-machine/ because it's not hideous and can be stored upright (I have a mostly empty utility closet I could use to store it).

Or you could convert that mostly empty utility closet* into a giant jewelry storage room and proceed to fill it. Just sayin'. :cheeky:

* Oh how I envy you an empty closet of any kind, shape or size!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buying things for the kids.

@stracci2000 , I thought of you the day the box of rings (There were 32 rings in a heart shaped tray box) arrived to give my grandniece. The look on her little face when she opened the box and found what she called “gem stones with diamonds around them” was priceless.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Houseplants. I've been growing for 50 years but during covid, things got a little out of hand, and I've had to purge a bit. Bringing them all in for fall is a bummer.

Cowichan sweaters. I adore them and they're highly collectable works of art. I rescue them, vintage ones being the best. Wash properly (if necessary) with stain removal, fix holes and cuffs, and take off pills, which can take hours. I find it very meditative :) I wear cowichans as a winter coat here in the pacific northwest.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cleaning out closets and organizing..I’m donating things that are expensive..but I don’t use. I had to get over that. I don’t like to sell things..I think they know my car now at Goodwill. They come running over! :lol:

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Cleaning out closets and organizing..I’m donating things that are expensive..but I don’t use. I had to get over that. I don’t like to sell things..I think they know my car now at Goodwill. They come running over! :lol:

I need to do a purge of all the large baby items I have now that my youngest is a preschooler. It’s hard because that really means NO MORE BABIES even though my husband and I are sure we are done… it makes it feel more final somehow! I’m trying to find friends of friends who want the expensive stuff but may end up hauling a lot of it to Goodwill. The challenge is they don’t accept a lot of baby items here- not sure if that’s a standard policy.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buying things for the kids.

@stracci2000 , I thought of you the day the box of rings (There were 32 rings in a heart shaped tray box) arrived to give my grandniece. The look on her little face when she opened the box and found what she called “gem stones with diamonds around them” was priceless.

I still get that look when I open my jewelry box!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lolololol cmon over I just baked! image.jpg

Beautiful ❤️!
I've had issues with baking bread because I live in a high altitude area.
I have had success with pita and naan, though!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recently, I've been collecting sterling silver antique napkin rings. Just trying to individualize each setting at the table this Christmas! Whoa Tannenbaum!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need to do a purge of all the large baby items I have now that my youngest is a preschooler. It’s hard because that really means NO MORE BABIES even though my husband and I are sure we are done… it makes it feel more final somehow! I’m trying to find friends of friends who want the expensive stuff but may end up hauling a lot of it to Goodwill. The challenge is they don’t accept a lot of baby items here- not sure if that’s a standard policy.

I heard that about the baby items too.
Maybe you’re not done..Babies are wonderful..Hold on to the baby things a little while longer. ❤️

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I set a goal for myself to get better at playing the clarinet so that I could join a band of some sort this time next year.

As soon as I mentioned this to my teacher, he immediately looked for some suitable music for me to try, and even suggested for him to contact a band leader friend of his, bless him.

Although I appeared to be able to play the second clarinet part and even managed to play the notes for the first clarinet part, I felt it was probably too soon to join a band.

I must practice the scales more!

DK :))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Recently, I've been collecting sterling silver antique napkin rings. Just trying to individualize each setting at the table this Christmas! Whoa Tannenbaum!
@mrs-b We have to be related. I don’t do this anymore because I have boys who make fun of me..haha
I have vintage china in complete five place settings in different patterns. I would set the table with the different settings..You could pick which place to sit at for the special dinner. I collected two distinctly male patterns for my guys. Some of the other patterns are simpler patterns which could also be used for men. The rest are floral.. I haven’t used them in over ten years. I now have Portmerion Christmas plates at each house..in The Holly and the Ivy..and Botanical Garden Mistletoe. I can throw them in the dishwasher. I used to love to play with all my table settings. I still make the Christmas table cute and festive..but I don’t have to hand wash fifty plates. I didn’t trust anyone to help me..not that anyone offered! Actually my husband did..but no thanks..haha I do have Vintage Wedgewood dinner plates here which I mix with white china if I need to set a special table..That hasn’t happened in a long time though..If we lived close by I would make you lunch and use my plates.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooohhhh - seriously @MamaBee - we are sisters from other misters!

I have Portmerion Holly and the Ivy!! I also bought it over the years for my best girlfriend, so we could share it and host a large joint Christmas party each Christmas party! And I have the full range (and I mean the FULL range) of Spode Christmas Tree. I also have Williams and Sonoma's Twelve Days of Christmas, which I love, with associated gold chargers, red Waterford crystal, and the matching ornaments, which I place above each place setting. I have breakfast Christmas china as well, which I LOVE, and - oh, don't even get me started on regular china! I do use it all, tho not often.

And if YOU lived nearby, firstly, I'd be sitting patiently by my phone, waiting for an invitation to come over so we could pull out the nice china, and I'd be issuing you a return invitation pronto so we could use my antique Shelley!

Sigh. Remember when we were able to have people over without being afraid we'd all get sick and die??

ETA. I almost bought the Botanical Garden Mistletoe, but instead got various pieces of Villaroy and Boch's French Garden Christmas. There's not a lot of it about, and it's expensive because it's out of production. But I love it and use the pieces I have religiously!

Here's a link in case you've never seen it. It's not quite this bright, tho - the background is cream in real life and the colors are very soft.

ETA x 2 - I'd love to collect *this* - isn't it gorgeous?? Just a setting for 2 - for me and DH on Christmas morning. :)

Last edited:

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm... mine is embarrassing compared to the creativity of all of you!!

1. Hermes obsession - bags, scarves, clothes etc.
2. House hunting outside of city I live in!! I want a house so badly.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooohhhh - seriously @MamaBee - we are sisters from other misters!

I have Portmerion Holly and the Ivy!! I also bought it over the years for my best girlfriend, so we could share it and host a large joint Christmas party each Christmas party! And I have the full range (and I mean the FULL range) of Spode Christmas Tree. I also have Williams and Sonoma's Twelve Days of Christmas, which I love, with associated gold chargers, red Waterford crystal, and the matching ornaments, which I place above each place setting. I have breakfast Christmas china as well, which I LOVE, and - oh, don't even get me started on regular china! I do use it all, tho not often.

And if YOU lived nearby, firstly, I'd be sitting patiently by my phone, waiting for an invitation to come over so we could pull out the nice china, and I'd be issuing you a return invitation pronto so we could use my antique Shelley!

Sigh. Remember when we were able to have people over without being afraid we'd all get sick and die??

ETA. I almost bought the Botanical Garden Mistletoe, but instead got various pieces of Villaroy and Boch's French Garden Christmas. There's not a lot of it about, and it's expensive because it's out of production. But I love it and use the pieces I have religiously!

Here's a link in case you've never seen it. It's not quite this bright, tho - the background is cream in real life and the colors are very soft.

ETA x 2 - I'd love to collect *this* - isn't it gorgeous?? Just a setting for 2 - for me and DH on Christmas morning. :)

I would get the Villeroy & Boch breakfast set! Very pretty!
I have fun vintage appetizer plates in Maryland. They’re so cute. The next time I go
I will take pics. I won’t be going for a long time tho because of my situation there..

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get the Villeroy & Boch breakfast set! Very pretty!
I have fun vintage appetizer plates in Maryland. They’re so cute. The next time I go
I will take pics. I won’t be going for a long time tho because of my situation there..

I want to like your above comment because I'd love to see photos. But 'like' doesn't seem right, given the situation there. So I'll just say thank you and send a hug. oxo

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to like your above comment because I'd love to see photos. But 'like' doesn't seem right, given the situation there. So I'll just say thank you and send a hug. oxo

Thanks for the hug @mrs-b..I needed that! XO

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jigsaw puzzles.

Several years ago I started working jigsaw puzzles to help me relax - and to help pass the time - when I was helping to care for first my mother, and then my father. I especially like fine art puzzles.

Then I discovered some jigsaw puzzle-related Facebook groups. And I found many other tantalizing images and genres - and that getting used puzzles at thrift stores was “a thing” (and a bit of a necessity, in the small town my parents lived in). And I discovered that, as is the case with so many other hobbies, collecting puzzles and working them are two completely different “things.”

I still check thrift stores regularly for jigsaw puzzle bargains, even though my life has changed a lot and I don’t work them very often right now. My saving grace is that I’m very picky about both the image and overall puzzle quality, and for many puzzles, I don’t mind passing them on once I’ve completed them. I’m also limiting myself to one bookcase worth of puzzles.

My hubby and I are talking about building a house in the mountains. If we end up doing that… I’ll be ready for those long, snowed-in days!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results