shape
carat
color
clarity

What’s still on your “to buy list”?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A9893AD6-0403-4343-BD21-D549A424F43F.jpeg I’ve been a busy and naughty girl of late and I’ve actually got nothing left on my “wish I had list” :lol-2: except of course a 10 carat RB diamond but that’s not happening unless I win the Lottery!
I got my lovely opal earrings, black opal when I was looking for white or crystal (hey, I’m not complaining), my amazing Alexandrite and diamond bracelet (truly a remarkle find) I found my huge Aquamarine (possibly) ring and got earrings thrown in as well, my lovely diamond tennis bracelet that my friend Suz “aided and abetted” me with (thanks Suz xxx) two diamond watch bands that I repurposed to bracelets (two because I found something better after I’d already bought the first one !) a heap of beautiful fun RHR rings from Taurus (xxx) and just today my vintage Longines watch was delivered. Yes I know I have 30 watches already but this one is lovely. Really lovely.
What’s on your list?
And if you need help searching the internet for your dream item, give me a shout - I’m out of money but I can help you spend yours :appl:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in a similar boat, it's been a busy jewelry season for me!
From my list I got:
My black opal (needs setting)
Holy grail pad (See avatar)
Awesome center stone for my favorite floral rose gold setting
I figured out my naked wrist situation (yay ACA bangle!)

These weren't on my list by got anyways:
french cut eternity
vintage articulated black snake ring
2.2ct fancy yellow diamond (oops)
Omega chronometer with diamond accents

I already had my red spinel, emerald, sapphires, and tsavorites.

Still left:
A rich green demantoid
My pendant to remember my pupper Beau
Rainbow moonstone
Set my black opal
Set my August vintage emerald

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I honestly don't want anything, except a large Asscher. Which will most likely will never happen, and that's ok. Thankfully, I am content. I really am.

Byson

Rough_Rock
Trade
I was able to get my hands on some nice very light pink diamonds last year for very reasonable prices. Haven't found any this year though! :P2

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My "to-buy-list":

- VCA magic Alhambra earrings in YG pave (and possibly matching bracelet or preferably necklace)
- a high-end blingy watch
- cornflower sapphire earrings
- a large step-cut solitaire diamond

Still have to reset Holly into an Emilya.

Holy Grail wish list item: anything VCA lapis, but preferably Alhambra 20-motif necklace and 5-motif bracelet

That's all!:wavey:

Last edited:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really really really want some diamond earrings. I bought some last year but was ripped off by a jeweller in Hatton Gardens. Nothing was as described (diamonds, metal and era of the supposed ‘antique’) and it was a stressful and upsetting experience making the complaint and trying to get my money back. I now have my cash back, but I’m a little trigger shy on making a purchase. Maybe 2019 will be my year :halo:

chappy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
-CBI in the 0.8 - 1.2ct range. For research. ;)2 Just really want to see the best of the best cut, and study it against my other solitaires in a variety of lighting conditions.
-upgrade Tiffany DBTY (from .07 to .17). No hurry, love my current one.
-lightbox blue & pink diamond. Just curious. Waiting for them to produce rings.
-18k rg bangle to replace my 24k daily bangle. Rg looks better against my skin, but not sure I like the Love and haven't seen any better options yet.
-an overpriced ring I've been watching on eBay, maybe. Whenever I think about purchasing it though, the words "more money than sense" whisper in my head. o_O When I think about someone else buying it though, I feel sad. So I'm at a standstill unless I make it big, and actually have more money than sense! :P2 Hopefully one day.
-A cute butterfly necklace. I saw one for a steal, but waited a few days before going back and it was gone. Apparently it was a one-off, and they never made any more! :(2 Can't find anything similar anywhere.

I also really want to buy a Mikimoto Tahitian pendant for my mom, and an Audemars Piguet watch for my dad to replace the Rolex he's been wearing since his 20s.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really really really want some diamond earrings. I bought some last year but was ripped off by a jeweller in Hatton Gardens. Nothing was as described (diamonds, metal and era of the supposed ‘antique’) and it was a stressful and upsetting experience making the complaint and trying to get my money back. I now have my cash back, but I’m a little trigger shy on making a purchase. Maybe 2019 will be my year :halo:
*thread jack*
I'm sorry you had this experience. I almost got ripped off once too going locally with my engagement ring upgrade. It does make one leery. I went on line after that and used a very reputable jeweler that is mentioned on here all the time. The process couldn't have been more enjoyable or easy. And I ended up witth a truly killer diamond. This would be my recommendation to you! Good luck!
*thread jack over*

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the risk of being booted out of PS, since I got Bella, my desire for other bling has completely disappeared :shifty:

Of course, this may only be a temporary abberation, but when asked what I wanted for Christmas, I couldn’t think of a single thing :-o

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the risk of being booted out of PS, since I got Bella, my desire for other bling has completely disappeared :shifty:

Of course, this may only be a temporary abberation, but when asked what I wanted for Christmas, I couldn’t think of a single thing :-o

LOL but of course...when one finds their HG diamond/ring :love: one is satiated and the burning desire for more bling fades away...!!!
:appl:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's true love!

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
On my wishlist...
1.AVC pair of earring studs, at least 7.5mm each
2. CBI 1.8 to 1.9 CT diamond
3. 3 stone emerald ring
4. A pair of opal stud earrings with diamonds in halo.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 settings still to go - my golden sapphire 3 stone in rose gold and my rubellite soli with yellow diamond halo. That's going to finish off my colored stone collection.

I *had* hoped to have a Christmas pin made this year; 2 interlocking holly leaves with 2 ruby 'berries' and a tiny diamond Christmas 'bell', with 'snow' pave scattered over the leaves. This has been pushed back to next year.

But my one, significant remaining project is a new diamond to put in a platinum solitaire. We'll see how this goes, but I'm thinking something about the 2 - 2.5ct range. I'll only be starting this next year, and will take my time upgrading and upgrading till I get where I want to go.

The yellow sapphire 3 stone and the starter diamond will be in March when I've recovered from Christmas a trifle. The pin will be in the second half of the year. The rubellite will be...as the time feels right - but some time in 2019. At that point, I believe I'm done. Having done 16 projects this year, I'm on burnout and will only be limping over the line in 2019. I'm looking forward to finishing.

Last edited:

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I have a long list. I swear I'm not greedy. I don't have much jewelry and I'm kind of playing catch up. There's a low chance I'll actually get around to all this.

1. Tin Cup Pearls. I have a nice freshwater strand, but I think tin cups are more youthful and casual. I haven't decided whether to go akoya, freshwater, or maybe even Tahitian.
2. Diamond Bracelet. Still choosing between the by-the-yards style or more tennis style.
3. More Lightbox. This is kind of an open ended goal. I love mine and plan in investing more in the concept. If they start making bracelets that solves #2.
4. Cartier Trinity XS Ring. My cat is getting this for me. She is very generous. I just need to go to the King of Prussia Mall (at Christmastime, goodness help me) and try it on.
5. More Gold Bangles. I have a yg one I love, and would love a rose and white gold one to make a set.
6. Vintage Diamond RH Ring. I have my eye on this one right now: http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/0-71ct-est-old-european-cut-diamond-daisy-ring/
7. Golden South Sea Pearl. I think it's going to be a solitaire pendant because those pearls are expensive, yo.
8. Aquamarines. In any form. I've developed a bit of an obsession with them.
9. Marquise or Pear Diamond. There is a chance this goal will overlap with #6.
10. Emerald. It will probably be lab because this is a more minor priority and I don't have a lot of money for it.
11. Blue Sapphire. Low priority, we'll see.
12. Pearl Bracelet. A simple, freshwater strand will do.
13. Anniversary Ring. Ugh. This project is giving me grey hairs.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have problems prioritizing, so haven't pulled the trigger on anything so far...
-a real everyday workhorse of a watch (Rolex or Cartier Tank)
-true antique daisy cluster earrings. .. Have found a holy grail pair , but the diamonds were badly abraded, so I passed (this was frankly quite the bad surprise since I thought earrings should be fine....)
-something with a splash of color (cluster ring or target ring with coloured stones)
-everyday bracelet (tennis or Cartier juc)
-small superideal bezel pendant
-upgrade studs

ETA: - forgot the Wilma Flintstone (12.5 min.) wss pearl necklace... But I think this is for later, since I'd have to educate myself much more over in the pearl forum...

That said, my real dream is still a true antique tiara and I've seen many gorgeous pieces at auctions for reasonable prices (well, all is relative, right????). Since I'm a sahm of 5 atm, I just can't justify that. So I guess the next purchase might be the practical watch... :think:

WhaleDoveOfPeace

Rough_Rock
I'm just now starting to get into the bling thing so my wishlist is still being shaped at the moment! (Woe to my husband :mrgreen2:)

Top of it is a ~.45/50?ct cognac diamond in a white diamond halo pendant from my local jewelers - I saw it at their annual open house and fell in love. My HG goal is to have a diamond that is the same color as my dad and my favorite brandy (Asbach) so trying to find the perfect orange/brown has been a challenge. I've got my peepers all over DBL and Leibish.

Also on the list is a small pair of high quality diamond studs - .25ct or so. I've got my ears pierced 5 times in each and I tend to wear my favorite aquamarine/diamond halo studs on the bottom, pearls in the middle of my lobe and a cheap rhinestone stud on the top set. The cheap and fake ones gotta go!

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I hope its okay to share my list. I happily don't have the a lifestyle that needs much bling. I only have two items on my list. Well, my realistic list. Dream bling is another matter. :Up_to_something:

My current project is buying 30ish pointers for a 5 stone band. My Aurora Band was too blingy for me. I felt uncomfortable wearing it. But I still want a multistone band. When I sold it I was planning a 7 stone with 25 pointers, but... I really want CBI's and they don't cut anything under 30 points. So I changed it to a 5 stone. And I'm torn on how to set them. I'm trying to decide between a very lifestyle friendly design like Tiffany's bar set eternity (but a 5 stone). Or the gorgeous Sasha Primak Trellis 5 stone design I've been drooling over. My husband really likes the Trellis. But I'm pretty ruthlessly practical, so I'll likely end up with the bar set design. I also really like that I can get a really scalloped look with the bar set style, that I can't get with the trellis. I don't really have to worry about setting them for now though. I probably won't have all five stones until next Christmas. Still, it's fun to consider the project.

I would also like a shared prong diamond bangle. I have my eye on one we carry, but it's not an active project and may never be a reality. It's just a 'like to have someday.'

Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have so many pieces in my collection now, many of them hardly see the light of day, which is a shame. It really needs to be consolidated before I buy anything significant, trouble is it’s so hard to get around to selling or repurposing things.

Short term goals- Tiffany Love ring in YG (present to myself for Christmas) and a couple of YG necklaces for summer holiday, carefree layering (maybe David Klass feather pendant plus a bar necklace??).

Long term- I’d love a VCA Alhambra pendant in Lapis or Turquoise (probably not gonna happen!) and a superideal 1.5-2ct in a very simple solitaire setting (likely will be retirement gift to self........).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have so many pieces in my collection now, many of them hardly see the light of day, which is a shame. It really needs to be consolidated before I buy anything significant, trouble is it’s so hard to get around to selling or repurposing things.

Short term goals- Tiffany Love ring in YG (present to myself for Christmas) and a couple of YG necklaces for summer holiday, carefree layering (maybe David Klass feather pendant plus a bar necklace??).

Long term- I’d love a VCA Alhambra pendant in Lapis or Turquoise (probably not gonna happen!) and a superideal 1.5-2ct in a very simple solitaire setting (likely will be retirement gift to self........).

I feel your pain! Been through this last several years.

And I am lusting after something in lapis or turquoise too...but it's like the search for the HG!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Big on my list:

Saving for CBI upgrade in 2019. But DH will be footing most of the bill for that one next fall. :love: I’m shooting for 1.2-1.3 (currently 0.90).

Cartier watch (my thread got moved to the graveyard, since it didn’t mention diamonds!). I’ll resurrect it when I’m getting serious again. I’d like the watch for my 10th work anniversary since returning to the workforce after being a SAHM. I’ve been with the same non-profit for those 10 years! I love my job.

Studs upgrade (currently 1.01 total weight, thinking about 1.3ish total weight). I’m very conflicted about this one. I need to contact my favorite and long-term Chicago jeweler (Same building as Diamond Zone/Ivy and Rose!!). Stan bought the business two years ago. He had to “pause” the upgrade policy due to cash flow of the new business. He did allow me to trade up last year (0.60 to 1.01ctw!). I’m hoping the policy has been reinstated. I will bug him after the holidays. :Up_to_something: I need to try some sizes on locally. My piercings are uneven, and I have small lobes. So I’m not even sure what the upper size limit is for my taste! I wear my studs daily, rarely ever change them out. So this would be a very smart way to spend my money!

Speaking of local—I have a jeweler here that has done some work for me in the past. I love the store. Funny, smart staff, gorgeous jewels. Rolex and Forevermark retailer. The owner is the current president of AGS! They have done many small/medium jobs for me. I love their custom guy. So I have that Seda Gems opal. It’s very pretty, and I would like them to set it. Just not sure if I want this to be a $200 stock job or a $2000 job.

Dreaming—something I want in the future is a pair of Gemstone/diamond cluster earrings. Barely dangling below the lobes. Kate Middletonesque.

sydneyatl

Shiny_Rock
Someday I would still like to get a hot pink spinel, but right now I'm feeling quite content with what I've got. My goal for this year was to get a blue-green tourmaline and I got one last month, and I just found out that for Christmas my sister bought me the lab ruby I've been coveting. So I shall try to make myself be content as long as possible before something else catches my attention :twisted2:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 'would love to own' list comprises of:

Replacing my 1.10ctw diamond studs...I'll either get some moissies or some small WF starter studs and gradually upgrade them, I'm not sure yet. I don't know if I can stomach the price of real ones, with the crummy AUD and what I paid for my original ones 7 years ago!

A rose gold DBTY bracelet

A rose gold and diamond stacking band, from CVB or the like

A ruby of some sort, it's my daughter's middle name

This ring from JuliaB is at the top of my list :love:
il_570xN.1109626502_d0xp.jpg

Happily, the JuliaB ring has been paid for and will make its way across the globe to my hot little hands early next year! I hope to acquire some diamond or moissy studs in the next 6 months or so. The other pieces are just nice-to-haves, I'll be very content with the ring and some studs at some point.

Last edited:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
My list is mostly a hurry up and wait list. I want:
•my graduation/wedding day diamond ring to get reset from gold to platinum.
•a french cut sapphire band
• my dream sapphire solitaire
•a Mrs box
•add some pretty carving and miligrain to a band I already own if it's not too thin for it.
• get a spinel solitaire necklace.

Then call it a jewellery day lol. That's not too much to ask for right?? Lol!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Top of it is a ~.45/50?ct cognac diamond in a white diamond halo pendant from my local jewelers - I saw it at their annual open house and fell in love. My HG goal is to have a diamond that is the same color as my dad and my favorite brandy (Asbach) so trying to find the perfect orange/brown has been a challenge. I've got my peepers all over DBL and Leibish!

So my phone cut off the above line right after the word “dad” and I was cracking up at the idea of looking for a diamond that was “dad” colored...:lol:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 'would love to own' list comprises of:

Replacing my 1.10ctw diamond studs...I'll either get some moissies or some small WF starter studs and gradually upgrade them, I'm not sure yet. I don't know if I can stomach the price of real ones, with the crummy AUD and what I paid for my original ones 7 years ago!

A rose gold DBTY bracelet

A rose gold and diamond stacking band, from CVB or the like

A ruby of some sort, it's my daughter's middle name

This ring from JuliaB is at the top of my list :love:
il_570xN.1109626502_d0xp.jpg

Happily, the JuliaB ring has been paid for and will make its way across the globe to my hot little hands early next year! I hope to acquire some diamond or moissy studs in the next 6 months or so. The other pieces are just nice-to-haves, I'll be very content with the ring and some studs at some point.
My daughters middle name is Ruby too. It was chosen because her due date was my birthday and my birthstone is Ruby. Unfortunately she had other ideas and came one month early exactly.
I wasn’t going to call her Eloise Pearl, so Eloise Ruby it stayed.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm....maybe a really nice sapphire ring. I love blue and the pads that are a blend of both pink and peach-not blended but one part looks pink and one peach. I love aqua too. Not sure I will get any of it. It is just a maybe.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i have a longish list too and can't really talk to my friends about it so thanks for asking the question Bron =)

- rose gold soli or 3 stone (maybe moissy or a pink/peach/brown CS)
- white gold or plat soli or 3 stone (maybe lab diamond)
- thin bands and/or half eternities in white, yellow, rose gold
- an amazeballs CS RHR
- a rose gold necklace charm/pendant
- a white gold or plat or silver necklace charm/pendant
- small/med goldfilled hoop earrings in white / yellow / rose gold
- larger pearl earrings in white and peacock

i don't buy expensive earrings b/c i'm prone to losing them and i rarely wear bracelets or a watch so i tell myself it's totally reasonable... :lol::lol::lol:

WhaleDoveOfPeace

Rough_Rock
So my phone cut off the above line right after the word “dad” and I was cracking up at the idea of looking for a diamond that was “dad” colored...:lol:

Omg that’s great :lol: now I’m over here trying to think of what “dad” colored diamonds are...maybe THAT’S where Argyle diamonds came from!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
@Bron357 that's a really good question!! I've been naughty this year too. :mrgreen2:

I love to collect diamond earrings because in my line of work, that's about the only real bling I can wear. Except for necklaces. I have been on the hunt for a DBTY type necklace for about a year now, and missed out on a GREAT one in May. It was up on ebay for about an hour and sold instantly, before I even had a chance to see it. So now, I've decided to make my own because I don't really like bezels very much and 99% of DBTYs are bezeled low quality stones. I've currently collected a scad of smaller CBI stones and was just offered a 1.5 ct M SI1 SB Fluor stone by a client that might work as the centerpoint of the necklace, but I'd have to have it recut to match my other stones in quality.

I guess the short answer for me is a DBTY necklace, and more earrings. I could use your help in hunting down a center stone for my necklace and to help me spend my money! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results