shape
carat
color
clarity

What’s on your holiday colored gemstone wish list?

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I was in the pearl forum and saw that bean had started a thread called “What’s on your holiday pearl wish list?” and I thought we should have the colored gemstone version.

So, what is on everyone’s holiday wish list?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A big, yummy spessartite garnet set in yellow gold for a ring :cheeky: !

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I just want to get some of my loose stones set. I've run out of room in my loose gem storage boxes.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
-Pink spinel. I’ve had my eye on a pretty raspberry colored one.
-Chrysoberyl! Babynurse, I’d happily take that lovely chrysoberyl off your hands.
-Aquamarine maybe.
-Set some of my gemstones. I’d like to have my round ammy and round topaz from BB set.
-PS Rock Walk book and a ton of other gemstones books.

On my dream holiday wish list is a huge juicy spess sugarloaf like the one Lisa Elser has.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd like my stones set. A light pink round spinel or tourmaline. A green ec, and a mint green round. The one Dana has in his guest cutter section is the one I've had my eye on..not that it matters b/c none of it will be happening any time soon! Oh, and a lavender gray spinel I've got on "layaway"! Tho that is actually my birthday present so I'm running late on my gifts.

purplemelody

Rough_Rock
I'd love
-to get my pink spinel set
- to set a stone that I'm waiting for by Patrick Irla
- a blue green tourmaline, preferably like the Carribean waters :D
- a lavender spinel (please please please!), would be fantastic if it looks like BabyNurse's pretty BB lavender spinel :D

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I would Wish for a certain pear tsav...but that's just a wish, it's a bit out of reach at the moment, lol.
I would also like to get some things set! But it probably won't happen until after the holidays.. I have a bunch of green garnets to set, and an opal from barry from the way which sounds like I will also be itching to wear.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Since we're wishing, on my life list is

an 8 x 10 mm ruby, heated only.

a pink diamond big enough for me to actually see!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
A red spinel. There is one that has already stolen my heart.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
A sparkly cobalt spinel, around 8 mm. Please, Santa? I'd settle for a mint garnet, though, if the elves can't find a blue spinel, or almost anything in a Portuguese cut. I've been a very good girl all year, honest! **fingers crossed behind back.**

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some wish list items arriving on my door step today and early next week. While sorting through my jewellery box, I felt bad to see so many gorgeous unset gems so part of the wish will be to set a couple favourite stones.

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
* To set my citrine trilliant (hope I don't have to go custom! 12.5mm!)
* A lovely pink/purple Spinel.

One day...

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
Chrono|1289567250|2763207 said:
I have some wish list items arriving on my door step today and early next week. While sorting through my jewellery box, I felt bad to see so many gorgeous unset gems so part of the wish will be to set a couple favourite stones.

Chrono - I hope your new stones live up to your expectations - hope to see lots of pics. ;))

My wish list is (in no order of preference):
- a cobalt spinel
- an untreated rubellite - don't want anything heated or worse, irradiated
- an emerald cut tsavorite or Mahenge spinel

Failing that, I would love to have one (or two) of my stones set...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VR,
Thank you. I expect at least one of these stones to exceed my expectations based on my preview of the first stone. I was so impressed with my first purchase that I actually returned the stone to the vendor in order to get a bigger and finer quality stone. :oops:

Everyone has such a wonderful list so I hope at least some will come true so we can expect lots of eye candy in the next few weeks. :appl:

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I would really like a purple spinel. I don't have anything purple, so it's next on my list.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
  • A matched pair of blue zircons to place in screw-back martini studs.
    A Welo Opal, and .75 ct (which I hope to buy myself the end of the month!)

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would like to get my first colored stone set...thats all I want for now...in the future, I would love to have a red/orange stone, dont care what kind I think the ones I seen that I really like are the Spessartine Garnets, I love the orange/red glow on them :love:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have an unheated AIGS certified ruby on its way to me. I can't wait to see it as it's something that's been on my wish list for a while. I'm thinking halo (surprise), but it may say something else to me once it arrives.

Also, I want some of that seafoam tourmaline that Uppy just bought from Jeff White and I'd like to get my transitional oval (diamond, I know!) set into something bezel set utilizing some baguettes I have.

ruffysdad

Shiny_Rock
Trade
A neon blue tourmaline crystal to cut that's as big as my thumb! Remember this is wishing and pipe dreams :mrgreen:

Pete

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Lauren, I can't wait to see your ruby!!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1289572186|2763278 said:
VR,
Thank you. I expect at least one of these stones to exceed my expectations based on my preview of the first stone. I was so impressed with my first purchase that I actually returned the stone to the vendor in order to get a bigger and finer quality stone. :oops:

Everyone has such a wonderful list so I hope at least some will come true so we can expect lots of eye candy in the next few weeks. :appl:
Me too!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I'd like an opposed bar-cut stone.

RingThing

Rough_Rock
I would like to find just the right setting (ring) for my andalusite.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, you are so mysterious! I'd love to see what you got!

Lauren, an untreated ruby sounds like a dream!

For myself - to buy containers for my stones.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
So looking forward to all your stones.

I'm not getting any this year as have honeymoon to save for next year (I'm determined to spend 2 weeks in the lap of luxury in the Maldives or Thailand)

agatha.nl

Shiny_Rock
hot cherry pink trillion stone and deep purple princess amethyst

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I've just added a pale pink stone to my wish list after seeing Lasscreative's natural pink topaz and Babynurse's spinel.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
im in the process of redoing some pendents & reappraisals & getting ready for fancy dinner-steve...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't know you needed a holiday to buy gems. :twisted: :lol: :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results