shape
carat
color
clarity

WHİTEFLASH

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
Hi brand new to the forum considering a 3 stone ACA ring from WF probably around .80 centre
Was wondering if the ACA side stones provided with certain rings would suffice and if they are good quality?
İ did consider selecting .30 myself however price difference i rather put in the centrestone
Opinions?

2nd part looking at spending 6K as İll have duty charges to tack on(Aussieland)

My partner likes yellow gold so unsure on colour of diamond. Also should İ get ot 2 stone or all yellow gold?

Thanks greatly

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d have thought if the sidestones are being called ACA they would be fine, they probably won’t have separate AGS certs due to their size, though.

If she likes yellow gold then a ring with a white gold or platinum head and a yellow shank can be a good option.

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
I’d have thought if the sidestones are being called ACA they would be fine, they probably won’t have separate AGS certs due to their size, though.

If she likes yellow gold then a ring with a white gold or platinum head and a yellow shank can be a good option.

Yes i hoping id get feedback from people who have owned them .

İm trying to decide the colour of the centre stone aswell.

Wondering if i should go G, H or İ
Would it really matter THAT much with the yellow gold around even if the basket is white?
Centre stone would be around 80points only

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that 6k US or AU?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to find out how much the setting cost with the ACA melee. Then you'll know how much
you have left to spend on the center stone. Say the setting plus side stones are $2000 then you
have $4000 left for the center stone. I dont think AGS/GIA graded stones will fit in your budget.
ACA melee will be lovely. I dont think you have anything to worry about there.

I would go as high of a color that your budget will allow. If a "G" is in budget then get a "G" else
H or I.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and yellow gold or 2 tone? I would probably go yellow gold shank/white gold prongs/head. Could you as your
GF though or is this a surprise?

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Yes i hoping id get feedback from people who have owned them .

İm trying to decide the colour of the centre stone aswell.

Wondering if i should go G, H or İ
Would it really matter THAT much with the yellow gold around even if the basket is white?
Centre stone would be around 80points only

ACA melee is very nice. But one thing to keep in mind, all Whiteflash rings (not designer rings) in website are made with ACA melee, and you’ll get a better price with those. Making custom design will costs more. My ering is a custom WF design, with small 2sides pear and diamond melee on the sides costs my DH $2250-2750 and that was 9yrs ago. So it depends on how much you want to spend for the setting.

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
$6K USD but may go 6.5K if required
My future wife likes something details as opposed to a plain solitare.
The designer rings dont seem of much value however i am unsold really on those. Hence why i was looking at the 3 stone.
Now i been avoiding stones with plot graphs like this especially ones with clouds as i read these should be avoided as it can effect the performance of the stone.

İ am wanting to select 3-4 designs and run it by her so its not too confusing that fall within my budget.
İm open to other options aswell.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210120-111032_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210120-111032_Drive.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 10

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I know you're looking at whiteflash, but the BGD Diana is absolute perfection so I have to recommend it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clouds arent an issue unless they are the 'grade making' inclusion on an SI1/2

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
Clouds arent an issue unless they are the 'grade making' inclusion on an SI1/2

That means if they are the 1st listen inclusion?
İf there is feather, cloud and needle and cloud is listed 1st does that make ot the grade making inclusion?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stones would not make the ACA line if the clouds were an issue. Stones are highly vetted before they make the ACA line.

I view the "Brilliance" video to see what inclusions I might be able to see. Also, talk to the WF SA to see what they have to
say about the stone you are interested in. Also, ask them about the ACA melee to see what they have to say. Ask if they can
send you some up-close pictures of their melee possibly in the size they will use in the settings you are looking at. They will
be H&A...you should be able to see the arrows in them.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
$6K USD but may go 6.5K if required
My future wife likes something details as opposed to a plain solitare.
The designer rings dont seem of much value however i am unsold really on those. Hence why i was looking at the 3 stone.
Now i been avoiding stones with plot graphs like this especially ones with clouds as i read these should be avoided as it can effect the performance of the stone.

İ am wanting to select 3-4 designs and run it by her so its not too confusing that fall within my budget.
İm open to other options aswell.

Yes I do understand the preference, thats what I prefer too =)2 when my DH got me my ring 9yrs ago, I was thinking this whole time why did he spend $2500ish on a setting??!! Might as well use the money to get bigger stone and get cheapest plain solitaire. But then on December, I got to try on a solitaire and I didn’t like it, so it took me 9yrs to realize that its better off this way, that I would prefer a ring with pave and side stones.
My point on my previous post, WF offered 3stones setting with ACAs, those will have better value than if you make a custom ring. Have you tried to click on Three stone settings option and then filter the designer to be Whiteflash? If you have and you don’t like any of those then there’s no other way than to make custom ring, but if you can find a setting from those options it might save you some money, WF SA did say that a custom ring would cost more

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
For example: getting these WF settings with ACA melee

all time fav WF butterfly 3 stone setting for $1353

or if you like with pave: $1333

Or more pave $1450

and this diamond:
or

Colorless F color or G, with VS1 clarity, don’t need to worry about any inclusion and it still falls in your budget

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stones would not make the ACA line if the clouds were an issue. Stones are highly vetted before they make the ACA line.

I view the "Brilliance" video to see what inclusions I might be able to see. Also, talk to the WF SA to see what they have to
say about the stone you are interested in. Also, ask them about the ACA melee to see what they have to say. Ask if they can
send you some up-close pictures of their melee possibly in the size they will use in the settings you are looking at. They will
be H&A...you should be able to see the arrows in them.
Yes, totally right I should have clarified. I don't worry about clouds in ACAs or other branded super ideals. But in general I avoid stones that are SI1/SI2 and say "clarity based on clouds not shown".

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
For example: getting these WF settings with ACA melee

all time fav WF butterfly 3 stone setting for $1353

or if you like with pave: $1333

Or more pave $1450

and this diamond:
or

Colorless F color or G, with VS1 clarity, don’t need to worry about any inclusion and it still falls in your budget

Thanks ALOT.
İ been.eyeing off that F coloured stone.

İ have booked an appointment with one of the VERY limited jewellers in melbourne/australia that offer H&As and will be looking at similar stones comparing clarity/colour. Then İ can be sure to stick to one criteria.

İ know my parter will love the varragio settings HOWEVER i have read those detaillings are not favoured on PS for daily wear as damage can occur and resizing can.pose a risk.

After i go to the jeweller i think i will have a far greater understanding. İve been to a few jewellers and as soon i asked about HAs they just shit me.down and tell me.its all BS, 3EX is the best, we been doing this for 30 years all diamonds are cut by machine to the best proportions this that the other. So i usually just walk out haha.

İ appriciate the advice thus far.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ALOT.
İ been.eyeing off that F coloured stone.

İ have booked an appointment with one of the VERY limited jewellers in melbourne/australia that offer H&As and will be looking at similar stones comparing clarity/colour. Then İ can be sure to stick to one criteria.

İ know my parter will love the varragio settings HOWEVER i have read those detaillings are not favoured on PS for daily wear as damage can occur and resizing can.pose a risk.

After i go to the jeweller i think i will have a far greater understanding. İve been to a few jewellers and as soon i asked about HAs they just shit me.down and tell me.its all BS, 3EX is the best, we been doing this for 30 years all diamonds are cut by machine to the best proportions this that the other. So i usually just walk out haha.

İ appriciate the advice thus far.

some 3ex are good too, as long as you know what you’re looking for/seeing. At the end of the day, our eyes are the judge, as long as it sparkles be it AGS super ideal or GIA 3exs it doesn’t matter. I’m not too picky about color and clarity, but I’m very picky about the cut. But yea stay away from vendors that saying H&A is a BS coz a good GIA 3exs too usually will have good H&A patterns, if you see it with ideal scope&asset, its not about a brand but a standard in any modern round brilliant cut. I lived in Australia for 5-6yrs and seriously everything is so expensive in Australia!!!!!! I think getting a 3stone setting will be expensive too right?

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
Yeah the jeweller im going to is selling GİA HAs i believe. Hopefully they have all the info at hand.
İ went to another jeweller that stocks Hearts on Fire but way exxy like near on double my budget for a .75 halo

Youre right! Everything is going up.in price by the day.
İ know what you mean however im fairly obsessive certain things and very picky! İ feel like i want to stretch the budget but i know that wont be a good idea atm.

İ know ill feel more confident once i see the stones in person especially about the clouding aspect of the inclusions.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a warning that there are jewelers saying they are selling H&A diamonds, but that does not mean they are equivalent to superideal cuts like Whiteflash sells. One other note, you really can't tell anything about color in most jewelry store lighting. I think G is a good value at the top of the near colorless range, though.

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
Just a warning that there are jewelers saying they are selling H&A diamonds, but that does not mean they are equivalent to superideal cuts like Whiteflash sells. One other note, you really can't tell anything about color in most jewelry store lighting. I think G is a good value at the top of the near colorless range, though.

Thanks. İts a reputable seller. İ believe mysonsandme a member here shops there. İ am not going to purchase but just want to gauge quality, colour, sizing etc.
The setting will be yellow gold but still want a half decent colour im thinking G however if the setting causes it look more yellow may up to a better colour
Will speak to the jeweller and compre if possible also will try find different lighting sources instore if they can accomdate.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. İts a reputable seller. İ believe mysonsandme a member here shops there. İ am not going to purchase but just want to gauge quality, colour, sizing etc.
The setting will be yellow gold but still want a half decent colour im thinking G however if the setting causes it look more yellow may up to a better colour
Will speak to the jeweller and compre if possible also will try find different lighting sources instore if they can accomdate.

As long as you make the prongs/head in platinum, the shank color won't affect the color appearance of the stone.

ellekay

Rough_Rock
You can chat with a WF rep to set your mind at ease, but all their melee is ACA and sparkles like crazy.

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
As long as you make the prongs/head in platinum, the shank color won't affect the color appearance of the stone.

İm considering the Verragio

So i just left after 2 hours of chats and this is what i was offered this and a almost identical one. Aset they wouldnt give me but it was similar to this one.
Also they use KYD KNOW.YOUR DİAMOND report and sarine 20210122_175819.jpg

Attachments

• 20210122_174916.jpg
    20210122_174916.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 8

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Light return looks good, but can't tell anything about the hearts. It's a stone that I'd never buy, although they might be good for stud earrings. For a ring, a 32 crown angle, 12.5% crown height, and 60 table is going to look like a fairly flat top, and to me, that is very unattractive for a ring stone. I really prefer 15%+ crown height (my diamond in my avatar picture has 19%, I think), and I wouldn't personally go under a 34 crown angle or over 58 on the table. But as I said, the one big thing that is a deal-breaker for me is the flatter crown.

Which Verragio are you looking at? I just looked at their 3 stone rings, and honestly, they all have way too much going on. I vastly prefer the WF Cheri if you want diamonds on the shank as well as the side stones. Although I think any that have diamonds on the shank are going to look best in all white gold. I think if you want to have a yellow gold shank and platinum prongs, it would be best to do a three stone with no diamonds on the shank.

Last edited:

TripEx

Shiny_Rock
Light return looks good, but can't tell anything about the hearts. It's a stone that I'd never buy, although they might be good for stud earrings. For a ring, a 32 crown angle, 12.5% crown height, and 60 table is going to look like a fairly flat top, and to me, that is very unattractive for a ring stone. I really prefer 15%+ crown height (my diamond in my avatar picture has 19%, I think), and I wouldn't personally go under a 34 crown angle or over 58 on the table. But as I said, the one big thing that is a deal-breaker for me is the flatter crown.

Which Verragio are you looking at? I just looked at their 3 stone rings, and honestly, they all have way too much going on. I vastly prefer the WF Cheri if you want diamonds on the shank as well as the side stones. Although I think any that have diamonds on the shank are going to look best in all white gold. I think if you want to have a yellow gold shank and platinum prongs, it would be best to do a three stone with no diamonds on the shank.

Yes. İt does look funny especially with gaps between the stones on the shank in yellow gold.
İ know she doesnt want a plain solitare and wants some design elements wheb İ initally showed her the james allen website she went towards the more 'vintage' styles hence why im considering verragio. They are priced much higher however want my lady to be happy.

İ will select these 4 verragios, the trelis, maybe the cheri since you recommended it maybe 1 or 2 more.
Find a stone size/colour that will fit my budget. Then run the settings by her see which she will prefer. She is currently stuck overseas which makes it much more of an online exp
She is in Cyprus, i am in alAustralia, WF is in USA. Ultimate online.

İ didnt like the asets of those stones anyway, even another one they showed had like 2 or 3 broken arrows. Because i gave them similar proportions i want to WFs ACA cuts and they said its very hard etc to find. Plus they dont believe in those proportions.

The guy said some people say it has to be like this and others say like that but i look at the stone blah blah blah

When i went home they gave me a call and said oh we had a stone with proportions id like. . Apparently another customer was viewing it. İ should go and have a look. İ think im just going to atick with WF.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
The guy said some people say it has to be like this and others say like that but i look at the stone blah blah blah
From your other thread didn’t the vendor gave you those certificates but it was listed in BN too, which makes it a virtual inventory and there’s no way that “he looks at the stone” since its not in his inventory?
My family runs jewelry business (not diamond) and whatever he’s saying sounds like a classic sales pitch because he doesn’t have any stone with the specs that you want. If he can offer you a diamond with specs that you want, I bet he’ll sound very different and will praise how good it is. Classic =)2

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a great idea to show her a few settings!

This is about the only Verragio one I like. Most of them are priced much too high.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results