shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Knife-Edge Solitaire or WF Vatche U-113

Krisking

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi! These are both very close and will both look lovely. You can't go wrong. If we are being very particular, some will prefer the Vatche.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only big difference (and its small) is that the WF Knife-edge is 2.5-2.0 mm while the Vatche is 3.1-2.1 mm. I think several PS members have had them soften the knife-edge a bit.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Vatche shank is no wider than 2.0mm at any point. Maybe the 3.1 is including the base of the head for someone with a very large stone! If anything, I think mine is thinner than the WF version.

Both are fine. If I did the WF version, I would tell them I want mine like m-2-b had hers done.

For either one, I'd ask for either 90plat/10iridium or 95plat/5ruthenium. Both harder than the standard.

mdmc

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006. I just had my diamond set in the Vatche. U 113 with ID Jewlery. Yekutiel said they no longer do special requests on metal combinations. ‍♀️

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you compare the stock WF ring to the U113, I'd pick the U113. However, I ordered the WF ring with some modifications and it was cheaper than the U113 and more to my liking (delicate claw prongs, diamond set at medium height, softened knife edge, narrower band). It was also done a week faster ;-)

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
those were some pics that WF sent me to compare the 2

Richard Kwong

Rough_Rock
Thank you, everyone! I have decided to go with the Vatche. Appreciate everyone's help!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some pics of my semi-custom WF Tiffany reproduction setting for a better comparison of the WF version:
IMG_0822.jpg IMG_1000.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006. I just had my diamond set in the Vatche. U 113 with ID Jewlery. Yekutiel said they no longer do special requests on metal combinations. ‍♀️

That's very bad news if that is the case. That would sway me towards the WF ring if they will allow the metal change.

diamondsareagirls

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Here are some pics of my semi-custom WF Tiffany reproduction setting for a better comparison of the WF version:

Sorry I am sure you have posted all about this but I am new here.....what modifications did you make and how long did it take to make? You started with the knife edge from WF? Did you make the modifications to be more like Vatche or just because you wanted the ring to look a certain way?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the finer details of the Vatche better (prongs, opening on bottom for the diamond, etc) so given those two choices, I would have also went with the Vatche.

Wow @m-2-b that is just freakin' gorgeous! Simple, yet sexy! I definitely like what you did there. What size is your center stone? And also the dimensions on the band? Wish I could talk my girl into a simple classic setting like this....

@diamondsareagirls: I wanted a classic Tiffany-like setting for my diamond. WF had a reproduction setting that was reasonably priced and quick to production (maybe a few weeks).

Here my 2 old threads on the matter:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-4-5-ct-whiteflash-aca.210847/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-4-7ct-whiteflash-aca-upgrade.222254/

Thank you for sharing, I will read for more details. If you don't mind me asking, what was your final cost after the customization?

Tanalasta_01

Rough_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! If you really love the Vatche and the WF design but want to combine the elements, you can always request a semi-custom job. More complex however. The rings above are stunning ... I wonder if you can say "I want what M-2-B has" to your whiteflash rep?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results