shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

WF earring jackets

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by snbtwins, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snbtwins
    Rough_Rock

by snbtwins » Nov 12, 2008
    Hi. I would like to order earring jackets for my .50 TCW studs. I would like the studs to sit as flush as possible with the halo of diamonds, how do I make sure of that? I was looking at the ones on Whiteflash and Diamond Doctor.

Thanks.

2. shimmer
    Brilliant_Rock
    Trade

by shimmer » Nov 12, 2008
    Hi, I asked WF about this as I have 0.48 ctw studs and they said there might be a bit of an airline (space) between the stud and the jacket (I was looking at the smallest ones, for 0.3ct studs), but shouldn''t be too noticeable. I asked whether I should get them custom made to fit perfectly and they said no, these would work.

If you do a search on ''WF earring jackets'' there are a few threads with pictures. I think the thing to keep in mind when looking at pics is that the metal and space is always more noticeable than IRL.

Also, they have a good return policy, so if they don''t fit you can return them! Order them, and post pics...hehe [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] J/K, I have just been dying to see them with studs that size!

I haven''t checked out Diamond Doctor, hopefully someone else can chime in.

3. snbtwins
    Rough_Rock

Thanks. I also want to make sure that my stud doesn''t stick out too far from the jacket. I guess that all depends on how high my diamond is set, right?

4. shimmer
    Brilliant_Rock
    Trade

by shimmer » Nov 12, 2008
    Wow, I read too fast, I totally missed that! I'm sure if you email them they can tell you the depth of the halo.

I think most studs are pretty standard depth (besides bezel/martini, which to me seem to sit a little lower although I've never seen any IRL).

ETA: I meant most studs that are the same size are of standard depth

5. MichelleCarmen
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by MichelleCarmen » Nov 12, 2008
    What kind of style setting? Martini, bezel, or prong?

6. snbtwins
    Rough_Rock

I will ask about the depth, thanks.

My studs are prong set.

7. mikebzt
    Rough_Rock

by mikebzt » Dec 29, 2008
    Quick question... should the earring fit right into the jacket? I guess i am a bit confused

8. neatfreak
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by neatfreak » Dec 29, 2008
    Yes, the earring fits right into the jacket, but sometimes there is a bit of an airline/space between the diamond and jacket depending on the size.

9. Allison D.
    Ideal_Rock

by Allison D. » Dec 29, 2008
    It also depends what style studs you have. Martini style tend to recess well into the jackets; basket style will do so only if the basket is small enough to fit within the jacket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.