shape
carat
color
clarity

WF ACAs vs James Allen lab grown ideal cut studs.

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
So in order to scratch my itch if you will for a bigger pair of diamond studs I decided to order a pair of lab grown studs from James Allen. They are not their preset pair. These stones were individually selected by the kind and knowledgeable @Kim N and set in their 3 prong martini setting. My original studs are around 1.5 ctw F VS2 ACA mined diamonds from WF and the new ones are 1.87 ctw lab grown D VS2 ideal cut. They arrived yesterday and I seriously DO NOT see a difference between the ACAS and these as far as sparkle, fire, light performance and brightness. If you didn’t tell me which is which I couldn’t tell. The size difference is enough to justify the purchase as these are the perfect size at 6.3 mm vs 5.7 mm for the ACAs. I also prefer the James Allen martini setting to the WF one. They are more comfortable and sit nicer on the ear. Now without further delay. Here are the comparison pictures.

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!! I love them all. Have you considered going even a little bigger, to see a more significant size difference? Just curious.
I recently purchased six stones from James Allen for a five stone band(sent back the one that didn't quite 'match' colour wise). Their customer service, to me, is worth the extra $$$. I will definitely work with them again for LGD projects in the future.

I am thrilled that the ideal cut LGD perform as well as they do! I had a WF aca 2.53(my avatar) and these are every bit as gorgeous.

xx

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!! I love them all. Have you considered going even a little bigger, to see a more significant size difference? Just curious.
I recently purchased six stones from James Allen for a five stone band(sent back the one that didn't quite 'match' colour wise). Their customer service, to me, is worth the extra $$$. I will definitely work with them again for LGD projects in the future.

I am thrilled that the ideal cut LGD perform as well as they do! I had a WF aca 2.53(my avatar) and these are every bit as gorgeous.

xx

I thought about going bigger yes however I don’t think I’d be comfortable wearing anything larger to be honest. This is the perfect balance between substantial and understated elegance IMO. I WAS originally going to upgrade my aca to around 2ctw but just couldn’t bring myself to spend that kind of money. We’re talking 10k plus my current earrings to get simular stats. . f color and vs 2. These lab grown ones are the perfect solution. Not cheap by any means. I had a budget of 3k. Went over slightly but that’s ok. Plus I got to keep my ACAS. THEY DO hold a sentiment value as they were a surprise gift from my husband for our 10 year anniversary.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for doing this comparison! It's so great to know that they perform just as well as ACAs, and I'm happy they're the perfect pair for you. :love:

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for doing this comparison! It's so great to know that they perform just as well as ACAs, and I'm happy they're the perfect pair for you. :love:

They really really do. I think the only reason to purchase mined diamonds would be a mind clean thing b/c there is no visible difference whatsoever between them. I just realized I put both my pairs in James Allen boxes so to clarify the JA MMD are on the left and the WF ACAs are on the right just to clear things up.

pinklemonadegurl

Shiny_Rock
I thought about going bigger yes however I don’t think I’d be comfortable wearing anything larger to be honest. This is the perfect balance between substantial and understated elegance IMO. I WAS originally going to upgrade my aca to around 2ctw but just couldn’t bring myself to spend that kind of money. We’re talking 10k plus my current earrings to get simular stats. . f color and vs 2. These lab grown ones are the perfect solution. Not cheap by any means. I had a budget of 3k. Went over slightly but that’s ok. Plus I got to keep my ACAS. THEY DO hold a sentiment value as they were a surprise gift from my husband for our 10 year anniversary.

I'm excited for you! I am divorced so my sentiment has been to purge my jewelry from x and get myself new things. :D

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Do you have a side pic to see the difference in settings? I also find the WF settings dont sit as nice against my ear as I was hoping.

So the main difference is the way the “legs” lol of the setting are positioned. They are straight leading up to the diamond creating a true martini glass like shape. The WF setting the “legs” ? “Arms” lol. Are slightly curved thus preventing the setting from sitting close enough to the ear. I tried to capture it in these pictures. Let me know if any of my ramblings make sense. JA on the right on the screen WF on the left see what I mean? F6F1728F-3ABD-45F1-8EF6-27521178A810.png 9BF1DEB3-2F58-4181-8B6B-46A7A1A9F611.jpeg

JenniferMarie90

Shiny_Rock
So the main difference is the way the “legs” lol of the setting are positioned. They are straight leading up to the diamond creating a true martini glass like shape. The WF setting the “legs” ? “Arms” lol. Are slightly curved thus preventing the setting from sitting close enough to the ear. I tried to capture it in these pictures. Let me know if any of my ramblings make sense. JA on the right on the screen WF on the left see what I mean? F6F1728F-3ABD-45F1-8EF6-27521178A810.png 9BF1DEB3-2F58-4181-8B6B-46A7A1A9F611.jpeg

I see exactly what you mean and that’s how my ACAs are set. I have a pair of moissanite and they are set like the JA and I prefer that setting as well. Sits nicer to the ear

silliex

Rough_Rock
Congrats! I recently also got a pair of JA martini studs too! I’m so glad to hear that they are comparable to WF ACAs. I’ve been looking into ACAs for an engagement ring diamond but know I could get a slightly bigger stone for the same price as an ACA. Would you be willing to share the links for the diamonds the PSer helped you select for your lab diamonds? I’d love to use that as a benchmark to help narrow down options. TIA

Mrs Flowers

Shiny_Rock
Here is one of them. And thank you!! There are some really knowledgeable people on this board that picked these out for me so when the time comes I’d reach out to them and they can definitely find you some gems. I’m looking at you @Kim N and @DejaWiz

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
Hi, not sure who will receive or read my question, but… I’d like some help in picking out LGD studs, all the 5 W’s please.
Thank you

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, not sure who will receive or read my question, but… I’d like some help in picking out LGD studs, all the 5 W’s please.
Thank you

Hi Sunshine812, can you start your own thread with your budget and desired size, color, and clarity? We would love to help!

Sunshine812

Shiny_Rock
Hi Sunshine812, can you start your own thread with your budget and desired size, color, and clarity? We would love to help!

Most definitely ! Thank you sooo much !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results