shape
carat
color
clarity

WF ACA Melee???

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
What does everyone think of WF's ACA Melee? Is there a huge noticable difference? I didnt even realise that they had more than 1 kind of Melee to choose from. I am having a halo ring made-right now-using their Amphora Halo (modified to fit a Princess). Now that I am reading more about it I found out that some people use the ACA Melee. I didnt know I could choose that. WIll mine not look as nice? WIll I be disappointed? Just curious if anyone has compared the 2 or if anyone has a a ring made with their 'regular' Melee??? My center stone is an 'E' if that helps.....And if you did buy the ACA Melee, how much more expensive is it? TIA

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would absolutely call them up now and ask them. It may be in stones that small it wouldn't matter. But I would ask them since they make the rings all the time. I am sure they'll be happy to let you pay more if the ACA melee is better! But if they think it won't matter, then I'd go with that recommendation.

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
I recently had a WF custom ring (the "Elena"), which has WF ACA. I have not personally seen the ring but my fiancees parents both commented on how amazing the melee was compared to small stones in other rings. My future MIL actually was more amazed by the side stones I think than the ACA center, just because they were so "sparkly for small stones". My fiancee agrees and loves the ACA melee. They all say if you use the H&A view finder WF sends you, you can see H&A in all the small stones. Again, I have not seen it personally (I am in Iraq) but I have received tons of positive feedback. As far as the price, I requested upfront the ACA melee so I dont have a non ACA melee price to compare to, but the price of the custom setting overall was VERY comparable to any other online custom piece using regular melee so I don't think it is incredibly more. The amphora is with 0.66 ctw normal melee and in platinum is 1995 and the Elena I made is 0.55 ctw ACA is 2250. (some sort of comparision although obviously different rings). I agree with asking WF and they can give you the specifics but in our ring, I have received rave reviews on the melee. I hope that helps and good luck! :wavey:

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the advice. I switched my order to ACA melee (thank God it wasnt too late)....how could I not after the poster aboves comment??? My ring will be ready on the 15th :) I cant wait!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results