shape
carat
color
clarity

We''re getting married with dinosaurs(!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been struggling with how involved I want to get with BWW. I wasn''t *sure* if I wanted to share such intimate details with virtual strangers. But I''ve made such a great connection with so many of you. There are tons more that I''ve never even interacted with, but I still enjoy reading your posts and learning your insights.

It is my joy and pleasure to be able to share my reception facility with you all. I always wanted to get married in a museum, I never envisioned this particular facility, but once we saw it, we were floored. This is the reception sight of our dreams! Please share your thoughts and comments.

The Fernbank Museum of Natural Science in Atlanta, GA. Here''s the outside (the "SAM" seems to a couple''s personal monogram, it will obviously not be up at our reception!)

picresized_Picture12.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
This is where we''ll have our cocktail hour

picresized_Picture18.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Finally a peak of the inside (and the dinosaurs!)

picresized_1224343919_Picture.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
The ceiling is domed glass, so it will have an element of bringing the outside in. They are also something like 85 feet high to accommodate the dinosaurs models.

picresized_Picture818.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
We will also have this outside terrace, not sure what we will do with it though..

picresized_Picture918.jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
We''ve also booked the Star Room, which twinkles in a pretty blue! This area will be for the kids, they have large flat screen tvs for movies and such.

picresized_Picture908.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Omg this is perhaps the coolest wedding location I have ever seen! And beautiful as well!
30.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Are you kidding? This is the most amazing venue ever! I love the star room! Thanks for sharing!
30.gif

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
One more pic of the Great Hall! It holds the largest dinosaur mock up in the world!

Hope you guys enjoyed the photos. I have more if desired
31.gif

picresized_Picture(2).jpg

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
SarahLovesJS thank you so much!! It means a whole lot. You''re one of the posters I was mentioning. I follow you in Around the World, I may not always agree with what you say but I enjoy reading your thoughtful opinions.

And mia1181 you always stick out in my head. You had the most beautiful wedding I''ve ever seen, and you eloped! If you say that its beautiful, then it really is a compliment!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!!I love your venue!!! It is absolutely gorgeous!!! And that star room is fantastic!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 12:04:02 AM
Author: somehowcollide
SarahLovesJS thank you so much!! It means a whole lot. You''re one of the posters I was mentioning. I follow you in Around the World, I may not always agree with what you say but I enjoy reading your thoughtful opinions.

And mia1181 you always stick out in my head. You had the most beautiful wedding I''ve ever seen, and you eloped! If you say that its beautiful, then it really is a compliment!

Thank you! I am glad you don''t hate me after reading my ATW posts, haha!
1.gif
I hope you don''t mind, but I showed FI some of the pics because I just thought it was so awesome. He concurred! Haha. Fellow history-liking people unite!
36.gif
1.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
its a good thing im not having my wedding there bc i think i would end up spending more time playing in the star room than at the actual reception hahah (shiny things take my attention...exhibit a. the little beauty on my finger :) It looks like it will be great, how exciting for you!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 12:45:31 AM
Author: Smurfysmiles
its a good thing im not having my wedding there bc i think i would end up spending more time playing in the star room than at the actual reception hahah (shiny things take my attention...exhibit a. the little beauty on my finger :) It looks like it will be great, how exciting for you!

Haha me too! I would be ooooh stars!
30.gif
I love stars and the night sky, so beautiful.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild Thank you so much! I will take the compliment graciously as I''ve swooned at your shoe collection for quite a while now
18.gif

Lol, SarahLovesJS no hating on my part. I admire that you stand up for yourself eloquently! I am also flattered that you showed your FI
9.gif
My boy likes it too, maybe more than me!

Smurfysmiles I have been following your story, and wow! you''re getting married. I am excited for you as well! Ooh, you know, I could use your help! I will give you a few minutes and see if you come back to this thread, if not, I''m sending you a shout out!!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
What a cool location! I''ve got to make sure that my FI doesn''t see this or he''ll be asking to get married with the dinosaurs, too!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No WAY!!! That is the coolest idea ever!!!!!!! What a memorable occasion it will be!! AHHHH I''m jealous!!!
9.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I really love dinosaurs. One of the biggest highlights of my life was the museum of natural history. I love your venue, it looks wonderful. I think the guests will too.

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
Dancing with dinosaurs. Freaking. Sweet.

I like how it''s unique, but still elegant.

Kellybell

Shiny_Rock
OMG!! One of my good friends got married at the Fernbank last October. It was GORGEOUS...she got married on the outside terrace, held her cocktail hour there as well, and then had her reception in the main room (with the dinosaurs). It was great! You are going to have an amazing wedding. The only suggestion I can give, having been to this wedding, is that the high ceilings in the main room can make speaches a little difficult to hear. Other than that, it is a gorgeous location. Congrats!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Haha, isn''t it awesome to have so many people to bounce ideas off of? I guess it''s kind of a weird thought at first to be sharing with complete strangers, but everyone on here is nothing but nice and helpful - I love it! So much info too.

The venue is so cool!! I love the star room too - haha I think I''d use it for the adults!!
9.gif
How did you find it, or what made you decide on this vs. a more "traditional" venue? And just curious (you don''t have to answer if you don''t want to) - do museums tend to be less expensive than the more traditional places?

MissManna

Rough_Rock
That is the coolest wedding reception location EVER. I''m jealous there will be no dinosaurs at my reception. Mine is in Santa Claus, IN. So at least I''ll have an abundance of Santa on my side... I can''t wait to see the pictures after you''re married!
9.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh, I absolutely love it! Such a great choice! Please post more photos; I''d love to see them!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Your wedding is going to be beautiful in such a unique location!! Your photographer is going to have a field day in that place!!

Congrats!
36.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is so rad! I wish I had a museum like that near me!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a cool place to have your wedding!! Brilliant idea!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
How neat!! That is such a cool venue!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/18/2008 1:05:30 AM
Author: somehowcollide

Smurfysmiles I have been following your story, and wow! you''re getting married. I am excited for you as well! Ooh, you know, I could use your help! I will give you a few minutes and see if you come back to this thread, if not, I''m sending you a shout out!!

What''s shakin? Do you need help with a monogram or some sort of graphic design thing? Let me know!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
what a cool venue!! i''m really glad you are sharing the details of your wedding, because YOUR VENUE IS SO AWESOME!! i hope you''ll share lots and lots and lotslotslots more. i cannot wait to see your plans for this place, flowers, centerpieces, etc. hurry and get married already so we can see the wedding photos.
2.gif

really, i can''t wait for more photos. what else have you got?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
SO COOL!

Oh my goodness, I don''t think I''ve ever seen a cooler venue.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results