shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, I’ve had the vaccine, anyone else?

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Woohoo! Congratulations @nala The stars did align! So happy for both of you!

Thank you and glad you got it too. We are on the same schedule as our second dose is the 23rd too and we got our first dose Feb 23rd this past Tuesday.

And I am glad to announce besides a sore arm I feel completely recovered. Yesterday was rough. I ran a fever 3 degrees above my normal body temperature all day and was chilled and hot at the same time with body aches and a headache. That all went away within about 36 hours.

I feel all better besides a sore arm and a big arm rash. Weird as I thought the arm rash didn't pop up till 7 days or so but nope. Mine came on yesterday about 18 hours after the vaccination. Weird right? And it goes down my arm so not just in the spot I got vaccinated. Anyway well worth it to prevent getting Covid 19.

Remember everyone stay safe even if you got both vaccines. Wear your masks and social distance. I read that the manufacturers of the vaccines are diligently working on coming up with one for the variants. One day at a time.

And for everyone still waiting I hope you can get your vaccines very soon.

You got Pfizer, right? I wonder if the Moderna also has a rash that develops. I'm only 2 days out, so we'll see. I did get a weird wandering rash with the first shingles vaccine, but I didn't know the covid vaccines produced a rash.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You got Pfizer, right? I wonder if the Moderna also has a rash that develops. I'm only 2 days out, so we'll see. I did get a weird wandering rash with the first shingles vaccine, but I didn't know the covid vaccines produced a rash.

No I got Moderna and that is why my next dose is 28 days later. I have heard of people getting a rash 7 days after the first dose. Never one day after. :read:

I haven't heard of anyone receiving Pfizer developing a rash. If anyone here who has gotten the Pfizer vaccine developed a rash please chime in, thanks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Currently, where we are, it looks like it could be late summer (!!!) for us! Words fail me. Polite words, that is. :wall:

My location is the same. Right now, only health care workers, nursing home/front line health care only, plus 65 and up. That was our first group. The next group that they will open up per a press conference yesterday will hopefully be in April, but no idea who that group would be. The state wants to reach a certain metric of vaccines in the first group before the move on, but they have not stated the goal to meet yet.

Personally, I am thinking that for our household, we are looking at this coming December before it would be available.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My location is the same. Right now, only health care workers, nursing home/front line health care only, plus 65 and up. That was our first group. The next group that they will open up per a press conference yesterday will hopefully be in April, but no idea who that group would be. The state wants to reach a certain metric of vaccines in the first group before the move on, but they have not stated the goal to meet yet.

Personally, I am thinking that for our household, we are looking at this coming December before it would be available.

I am hoping you can get it much sooner than that @elizat. J&J is going to be entering the market soon and the supply from all the manufacturers should be greatly increased. Fingers crossed.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Well, if it's good enough for her... From BBC News:

"The Queen has urged people to get a Covid vaccine when they are offered one, saying hers "didn't hurt at all".

The monarch, 94, and the Duke of Edinburgh, 99, received their first doses of the vaccine in January.

In a video call with health leaders delivering the Covid vaccine across the UK, the Queen was asked about her experience of having the jab.

She smiled as she replied: "Well, as far as I can make out it was quite harmless.

"It was very quick, and I've had lots of letters from people who've been very surprised by how easy it was to get the vaccine."

"It didn't hurt at all," the Queen said, adding that she has since felt "protected".

The monarch said she understood getting a jab could be a "difficult" experience for some people but urged everyone to "think about other people rather than themselves". "

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you, also, in Connecticut? I knew YadaYadaYada was. I just got my first dose (see post 707). It was the Pfizer. Connecticut is moving very quickly and efficiently now.

Yes, I am. =)

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My daughter got the first vaccine dose today! I am so happy for her. She is a teacher and teaches in person and I was concerned about her exposure. I am supposedly qualified to get an appointment (health condition) but I can't seem to get an appointment.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @m-cubed Yay for getting your shot! We had to drive two hours each way for my husband and son to get theirs. Totally worth it! I just read your longer answer...I read from the bottom up..lol Thank you again for your thoughts...That makes tons of sense about having covid at different times and still getting a strong response to the shot.
Thank you @MakingTheGrade I agree with everything you said. That’s why I always felt bad when Dr. Fauci would get bashed for changing his opinion. Everyone has been making decisions on what they know at that point in time. I was curious to see if your colleagues were talking about the delay..and what their thoughts are. I was thinking more of an educated gut feeling..
@Calliecake..Thank you..I just made arrangements for my mom to be transferred to a nice place the third week in March. She will be closer to my home...The director said I could get covid tests with her staff so I can visit her when she’s there. The place that she is in now doesn’t know she will be leaving them. I’ll let them know two weeks before..I hope I have hair by the time she’s settled. I’ve been pulling mine out..hahaha

This is good news for your mum
Best wishes for her move

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I just got Pfizer! Our school district did a first come first serve email this am! and I was one of the first to reply! Luckily it was a 10 min drive bc I was able to take the first available appointment. It looks like they allocated 100 doses per day for my district and only 3 of us came in!! Crazy! But it might have something to do with their appt process. They first called me back at 1 and said I could come in today at 2:30. Then they called back at 1:45 and said it was for tomorrow but I insisted that it was for today so they allowed me to come in. Very disorganized! But I heard the nurses saying that all the doses were gonna go to waste so I said, my hubby is here can he get one. And they said if there’s extra yes. So we are waiting for him. Meanwhile my arm feels sore already! ETA: looks like he is in!

Its so frustrating its disorganised
It's not like they havn't had time to plan it

I have to keep reading to see if your hubby got his 2nd dose

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just catching up with you all
its quite a positive thread (for a covid thread) with so many of you and your loved ones getting vaccinated
I do feel for those still waiting,
We just have to do everything we can in the meantime to keep our own households safe

those of you with reactions - i hope they do not last long but at least now we know its because you have a robust immune system

Best wishes and good health to everyone
Nicky

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is good news for your mum
Best wishes for her move

Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds I will be happy when she is closer to my home. I also will be able to visit her. They will give me covid tests with the staff..When I’m clear I will be able to visit her in her room.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds I will be happy when she is closer to my home. I also will be able to visit her. They will give me covid tests with the staff..When I’m clear I will be able to visit her in her room.

I feel this bodes well for the new facility
i hope she will be happy there and the care will be .....caring

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I'm gonna take the vaccine I'll take the J&J one shot deal. My niece (30 yrs old) felt horrible for two days after her 2nd shot.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I'm gonna take the vaccine I'll take the J&J one shot deal. My niece (30 yrs old) felt horrible for two days after her 2nd shot.

Imagine how g-d forbid she would have felt had she become infected with Covid 19. A couple of days of not feeling well is a very small price to pay to be safe from getting Covid 19.

Hopefully your J&J wish can come true soon @Dancing Fire as it has been approved by the FDA just yesterday.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just catching up with you all
its quite a positive thread (for a covid thread) with so many of you and your loved ones getting vaccinated
I do feel for those still waiting,
We just have to do everything we can in the meantime to keep our own households safe

those of you with reactions - i hope they do not last long but at least now we know its because you have a robust immune system

Best wishes and good health to everyone
Nicky

Big hugs to you @Daisys and Diamonds. ((((HUGS)))) Nicky..

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
haha my mom's 2nd shot appt for today and mine for Monday have been cancelled due to lack of vaccine supply ... 2nd time the 2nd shot appts have been cancelled ... this time we received immediate emails with rescheduled appts (for later next week) ... mom's 2nd shot appt will be day 39 and mine will be day 41 ... now I have little faith it will happen but fingers crossed. ...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully your J&J wish can come true soon @Dancing Fire as it has been approved by the FDA just yesterday.
Could be another two months before is my turn. I'll decide then if I'm gonna take the shot. If I were to contract the virus it would happened by now since I have been living my normal life for the past 12 months.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, the science has been around a long time, and the vaccine injury compensation program has paid out more than $4 billion in damages and only a fraction of injuries are ever even filed for since most people don’t know about it. Let me be clear that I am in favor of safe, effective vaccines. But some can be lethal to certain people and I know people who’ve been disabled. In the case of the Pfizer vaccine, they’ve already come out with a warning for certain people not to take it. That’s a good start. But it probably wasn’t so great for the people who had the problems to find that out. The people recruited for the trials were mostly healthy. So it remains to be seen who might have problems. I research everything I buy and that goes especially for what I put into my body. I hope this works and that not a single person has a severe adverse effect. I’ll be watching and waiting to see both aspects.

I am absolutely with you on this. My family and I are super cautious about what we put into our bodies and research everything. There are many vaccines and medications that I would not consider taking for various reasons. I was a nurse before deciding to homeschool my kids many years ago and I have seen firsthand many vaccine injuries. I do not think the majority of the population has seen how many vaccine injuries that exist. It is actually eye opening. The vaccine is to new for me to be willing to take it without more long term studies. We continue to be diligent and take precautions. It is a very personal choice and I absolutely think people should do what they are comfortable with.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mother (85) received her second (Moderna) shot two days ago. Yesterday, she was exhausted and sore all over. Today she is feeling fine. Such reilef.

My husband and I, who just qualified, have appointments next week for our first shots (Moderna). All those years of practice getting concert tickets on-line made getting appointments a breeze :lol:

It's causing some anxiousness as I am completely needle phobic.

I almost passed out when I got my ears pierced (My mother was embarrassed lecturing me on how our ancestors had babies in the fields and kept on working :lol-2: ). I didn't take the pain meds after my C-sections because all I wanted was for the IV to be taken out. So it's all psychological and nothing to do with pain tolerance.

Since the vaccines started rolling out, my mind fixates on all of the pictures in the news showing the needles going into the arm and how gigantic they look :shock: People tell me it's like the flu shot but I've never had one.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha my mom's 2nd shot appt for today and mine for Monday have been cancelled due to lack of vaccine supply ... 2nd time the 2nd shot appts have been cancelled ... this time we received immediate emails with rescheduled appts (for later next week) ... mom's 2nd shot appt will be day 39 and mine will be day 41 ... now I have little faith it will happen but fingers crossed. ...

This is scary @marymm I’m actively looking for first shot appointments even though I’ve had my first one. It will be for my second shot. I mentioned doing this to my doctor and she said I should...My health department here in Pa did the first shot so they didn’t take insurance..There’s no record other than them that I had the first shot. So when I go for the first shot at the pharmacy.. which would be my second shot..it will go in to insurance as a first shot unless I tell them before. I’m afraid if I tell them they won’t give it to me. My doctor said to tell them after I get it. Any pharmacists here?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mother (85) received her second (Moderna) shot two days ago. Yesterday, she was exhausted and sore all over. Today she is feeling fine. Such reilef.

My husband and I, who just qualified, have appointments next week for our first shots (Moderna). All those years of practice getting concert tickets on-line made getting appointments a breeze :lol:

I almost passed out when I got my ears pierced (My mother was embarrassed lecturing me on how our ancestors had babies in the fields and kept on working :lol-2: ). I didn't take the pain meds after my C-sections because all I wanted was for the IV to be taken out. So it's all psychological and nothing to do with pain tolerance.

Since the vaccines started rolling out, my mind fixates on all of the pictures in the news showing the needles going into the arm and how gigantic they look :shock: People tell me it's like the flu shot but I've never had one.

I know !!
Why do they do that !
I hate needles but i know most years the flu shot is painless
Good news about your mom

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock

I wish I could administer your vaccine to you. I am really good with people who are nervous about needles. They are always surprised at how easy it goes.

Since I won't be there to take care of you, this is my advice. Keep your arm relaxed like it's not even part of your body, close your eyes and do deep calming breathing. Focus on your breathing while smiling and telling your self in your mind you are ok!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am absolutely with you on this. My family and I are super cautious about what we put into our bodies and research everything. There are many vaccines and medications that I would not consider taking for various reasons. I was a nurse before deciding to homeschool my kids many years ago and I have seen firsthand many vaccine injuries. I do not think the majority of the population has seen how many vaccine injuries that exist. It is actually eye opening. The vaccine is to new for me to be willing to take it without more long term studies. We continue to be diligent and take precautions. It is a very personal choice and I absolutely think people should do what they are comfortable with.

In more normal circumstances I would be right with you so I get it.

On the advice of my pediatrician, I chose not to give my kids the chicken pox vaccine because it was new at the time and chicken pox is relatively harmless in children. I pass the flu shot every year because I avoid needles and optional meds - much less one that changes every year.

So for me it's not that I am more comfortable in getting the Covid vaccine but life priorities and what's important to me. After years of care my father passed away. So 2020 was supposed to be the year my mom and I travelled and spent time together. She is 85 and I don't want to miss out on any more time making memories with her.

If it were just me, I might wait. While I don't love it, I could continue to work from home, having everything delivered and limiting get togethers to outdoors, etc. without any big risk to myself or others.

That being said, I do find some comfort that it's been public for two months with no real surprises to date and in what I have read knowing that the fast-track did not shortcut any safety testing and that historically vaccines with long term effects show them within 6-8 weeks.

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
Also, make sure the person administering the vaccine to you changes the needle after drawing up the vaccine from the vial. The sharper the needle, the easier it will be on you. Also, a smaller needle, like a 23 or 24 gauge needle. I press the spot on the arm muscle first with a finger where I am going to go in with the needle, then I am in and out of there fast with the needle. I do NOT stab the needle in like some people do. I go in easy but quick, inject and then I'm out and it's done! That's been my technique with vaccines. I think it's gone so we for people because I'm not jabbing and trying to sneak it in. That's been the feedback I've gotten from the nervous needle people.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I could administer your vaccine to you. I am really good with people who are nervous about needles. They are always surprised at how easy it goes.

Since I won't be there to take care of you, this is my advice. Keep your arm relaxed like it's not even part of your body, close your eyes and do deep calming breathing. Focus on your breathing while smiling and telling your self in your mind you are ok!

You are so sweet.

It's better if it's unexpected. I definitely make things worse as I tense up waiting for the jab. Last time I was in the emergency room, panic set in when they told me I needed a tetanus shot. There was a lot going on and when I asked when they were going to give me the shot, the nurse smiled and said "we already did". If only it were like that all the time.

What also has me freaking is that I've heard they are training people to give the vaccines at these mass sites (like where I am going). I'd feel better if it was someone experienced like you in dealing with messes like me.

Last edited:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, make sure the person administering the vaccine to you changes the needle after drawing up the vaccine from the vial. The sharper the needle, the easier it will be on you. Also, a smaller needle, like a 23 or 24 gauge needle. I press the spot on the arm muscle first with a finger where I am going to go in with the needle, then I am in and out of there fast with the needle. I do NOT stab the needle in like some people do. I go in easy but quick, inject and then I'm out and it's done! That's been my technique with vaccines. I think it's gone so we for people because I'm not jabbing and trying to sneak it in. That's been the feedback I've gotten from the nervous needle people.

Surly they are using a new disposable needle for each patient!

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
Surly they are using a new disposable needle for each patient!

They are not reusing needles on people. Lol.

But, what happens sometimes is they draw up the vaccine from the vial and then administer into the person's arm. Best practice would be to draw up the vaccine with the first needle, dispose of that needle, then put a new needle on before injecting into your arm. Because, after they use the first needle to draw up the vaccine from the vial, it has already been dulled a little.

Do you understand now?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results